Manhunt On for Road Rage Shooter

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

But what's important to remember is, "we don't have a gun problem".

theHawk

Last edited:
so if he ran them off the road into a tree do we have a faded red truck problem or a tree problem?

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

theHawk
I never expected you to take a tragedy and make it political.

theHawk

I don't see any "political" in this story. It's a road rage shooting.

Actually I remember a very similar incident from about 25 years ago on a day I was leaving the city. During the morning rush hour a woman passenger was shot through her window by some driver angry at the car. Mother of three, shot to death, on the road, for being a passenger.

I don't see anything "political" in that. :dunno:

This is a social issue. The whole point here is questioning what our values are that lead people to shoot a total stranger over "me first at the exit ramp". There are no "politicians" even mentioned in this story.

Sometimes ya gotta wonder if people are reading in the same language one writes in....

Last edited:

theHawk

The gun didn't shoot itself, bub.

The Road Rage driver is responsible for his behavior.

so if he ran them off the road into a tree do we have a faded red truck problem or a tree problem?

Clearly, we have a road and vehicle problem. Get ride of the roads and vehicles and force everyone to walk, bike or take public transit.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

theHawk

The gun didn't shoot itself, bub.

The Road Rage driver is responsible for his behavior.

:uhh: Of course he is. No one has suggested otherwise.
That's why there's a manhunt on for him, the first word in my title. What are you even talking about?

theHawk
The conversation needs to be had. People would like to prevent these tragedies.

theHawk

Actually I remember a very similar incident from about 25 years ago on a day I was leaving the city. During the morning rush hour a woman passenger was shot through her window by some driver angry at the car. Mother of three, shot to death, on the road, for being a passenger.

Insisting that it's a "gun" problem when it's a rage problem, a control fixation issue makes it political.
Insisting it's a gun problem is exactly the same as blaming the keyboard when someone melts down on the forum. Granted no one dies (hopefully) due to melt downs on a forum but the association is the same, blaming the inanimate item as opposed to the person.
Road Rage Root Cause

theHawk
I'm not surprised.

theHawk
Then focus on the problem not the tool.

theHawk

But but but what about Timothy McVeigh?

Oh wait, hold on wrong thread....or is it? :poke::popcorn:

theHawk

Insisting that it's a "gun" problem when it's a rage problem, a control fixation issue makes it political.
Insisting it's a gun problem is exactly the same as blaming the keyboard when someone melts down on the forum. Granted no one dies (hopefully) due to melt downs on a forum but the association is the same, blaming the inanimate item as opposed to the person.
Road Rage Root Cause

Where the fuck did anyone "blame an inanimate object"?
What does the word "manhunt" mean?

I did not "insist it's a gun problem" --- I mocked a poster (who's named in the OP) who insists that no such problem exists. Don't you GET that?

Where exactly do you see this "control fixation"? Social control fixation, really?

theHawk

If you just banned people then you wouldn't have these problems :smoke:

theHawk

Road Rage Root Cause

I did not "insist it's a gun problem" --- I mocked a poster (who's named in the OP) who insists that no such problem exists. Don't you GET that?

Guns are completely safe, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

No, he shot her while she was driving. That's why she crashed.

I'm beginning to think I'm writing for an audience of Illiterati.

theHawk

Road Rage Root Cause

Where exactly do you see this "control fixation"? Social control fixation, really?
Did you read the link or not? Do you know what a control fixation is? It's root causes? It's manifestations? In this instance it's personal not societal.

Forum List

Back