Mancin and Sinema Have Saved the Democrats From Themselves

Ideally the militia would already be created, and the Second Amendment would just be about keeping it up.
But since it's not... LOL. Just like we don't allow 12 year olds to run for President, the amendment sets up the parameters for the right to gun ownership not being infringed....
It is the Freedom Haters who don't like the Second Amendment. It is always getting in the way of their gun ban agenda.
Ahh, conspiracy theories.. I knew we'd get to it eventually.
That is incorrect. The Second Amendment protects the right of people to have guns for the private defense of their homes.
And if you've read my writing on the subject, I think it is almost criminally negligent to not have a gun in some places.

And I think a lot of Congressional Democrats are breathing a sigh of relief--in both Houses. Deep down, I think there are a lot of people in the White House who are breathing that sigh of relief as well.

Getting rid of the filibuster is a rubber stamp for one party rule. While I support some changes to the filibuster to where it would be a true stoppage of all business in the Senate and force a compromise of some sort, I do not support getting rid of it all together.

While its true the Republicans may do away with it when they get control of the Senate, you can't control what they do. And that would really suck. But all you can do is control your actions...it is best to leave the filibuster in place.

I don't believe the Republicans are dumb enough to get rid of the filibuster. However, I was surprised that only two Democrats were smart enough to vote no.

There maybe hope.

And I think a lot of Congressional Democrats are breathing a sigh of relief--in both Houses. Deep down, I think there are a lot of people in the White House who are breathing that sigh of relief as well.

Getting rid of the filibuster is a rubber stamp for one party rule. While I support some changes to the filibuster to where it would be a true stoppage of all business in the Senate and force a compromise of some sort, I do not support getting rid of it all together.

While its true the Republicans may do away with it when they get control of the Senate, you can't control what they do. And that would really suck. But all you can do is control your actions...it is best to leave the filibuster in place.
wow.

we agree.

amd if the Rs try to push for it I will be just as 100% against it as I am now.

But since it's not... LOL. Just like we don't allow 12 year olds to run for President, the amendment sets up the parameters for the right to gun ownership not being infringed....
The Second Amendment doesn't set up any parameters. It merely forbids infringement.

Ahh, conspiracy theories.. I knew we'd get to it eventually.
No conspiracy theories. Progressives really do hate our freedom.

No, the Second Amendment very clearly states that a well regulated militia is necessary.

Ideally the militia would already be created, and the Second Amendment would just be about keeping it up.

But in a situation where it does not currently exist, requiring its existence does mean creating it.

It is the Freedom Haters who don't like the Second Amendment. It is always getting in the way of their gun ban agenda.

That is incorrect. The Second Amendment protects the right of people to have guns for the private defense of their homes.
True. It is a 2 part Amendment. There is no grey area there.

Forum List

Back