Manchin upends paid leave, a benefit ‘personal to President Biden’

What if I decide to get a boat instead of having a child, paid new boat leave so I can take a couple months cruising the waterways? If someone else wants to spend their leave on having kids that's their decision. I'm spending my paid leave on boating. So just give everyone paid leave every year to spend as they wish. Awesome!
What does that have to do with what I said?

What does that have to do with what I said?
If we are going to print money and enslave future generations to our debt due our inability to live within our means with things like FREE paid leave then lets just go all the way, FREE leave 2 months a year off paid for everyone for any reason. The sarcastic mocking of 'FREE' was implied.

Vacation? LoL - You kids want a woman who just had a c section to show up for work the next day.
That's Republican empathy for ya!
To start the term is birthing person, and there's already maternity leave for that.

Biden says he wants Manchin and Sinema to unite with the progressive wing around his radical policies

that's not unity, that's capitulation

Radical policies. Which one of those policies to you find to be radical? The paid family leave? Or maybe the negotiating high prescription drug costs? Maybe the cutting of childhood poverty, in places where its extremely bad like you know, West Virginia?

I mean you have a point. That money would be much more suited to more sensible policies. You know, like giving billionaires another tax cut, and giving the Pentagon another $25 billion it didn't even ask for, adding another $8 trillion to the debt in just 3 years. Like those winning Trump policies, right?

Radical policies. Which one of those policies to you find to be radical? The paid family leave?
In the context of $28 TRILLION in debt with no end in sight to the debt skyrocketing, yeah your pie in the sky spending is radical. Tell us how much debt do you want to enslave your kids and grand kids to so you can kick back for 6-8 weeks on leave paid for with borrowed money they will have to pay back with interest?

Paid Family Leave enjoys 82% approval of US voters. We are SOOO f'n far behind the rest of the developed nations of the world that it's sad Mr Manchin doesn't see the light.

Currently, only SIX countries are as stingy as the US about Paid Family Leave:

Marshall Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Papua New Guinea
Tonga

Social spending as a share of GDP you ask?

France - 31%
Finland - 29.1%
Belgium - 28.9%
Italy - 28.2%
US - 18.7%

Source ^ World Economic Forum/ OECD

WE'RE NUMBER ONE - - - USA USA!! (not)
I bet those countries doesn't have open boards letting thousands a day in on their dime.

Radical policies. Which one of those policies to you find to be radical? The paid family leave? Or maybe the negotiating high prescription drug costs? Maybe the cutting of childhood poverty, in places where its extremely bad like you know, West Virginia?

I mean you have a point. That money would be much more suited to more sensible policies. You know, like giving billionaires another tax cut, and giving the Pentagon another $25 billion it didn't even ask for, adding another $8 trillion to the debt in just 3 years. Like those winning Trump policies, right?
Paid Maturity Leave to the rest of the world is about supporting the family...

Could the GOP please say it out right screw the families....

If we are going to print money and enslave future generations to our debt due our inability to live within our means with things like FREE paid leave then lets just go all the way, FREE leave 2 months a year off paid for everyone for any reason. The sarcastic mocking of 'FREE' was implied.
You need to work on that. I agree with you 100%.

In the context of $28 TRILLION in debt with no end in sight to the debt skyrocketing, yeah your pie in the sky spending is radical. Tell us how much debt do you want to enslave your kids and grand kids to so you can kick back for 6-8 weeks on leave paid for with borrowed money they will have to pay back with interest?
The Democrats obviously do not realize that repayment to their loans will be cause to enslave America's grandchildren, some of whom.graduated from college recently. And the illegals Biden allowed in will whip them if they get sick and can't do menial tasks. :(

When our freedoms are gone there will be overlords who insure we will never get them back during Hillary's lifetime, since she is the invisible pinch hitter for anything goes Joe.

Have you ever been sick or had surgery & couldn't go to work, you touchole?

As a matter of fact, yes. That is the reason that paid sick leave is part of my negotiated compensation package.

If you don't feel you needed paid sick leave when you accepted your job, why is that a taxpayer's problem?

You're wrong... they TOTALLY realize that.

They're counting on it.
I think the Democrats are out of their league in what they are doing. They are NEVER satisfied with what free people can do for them, and thinking about their cold, evil hatred makes the Arctic Circle a hundred degrees warmer than their leadership from hell. They are indebting us to the financiers in the orient who are descended from communist societies who used WWII as a cover for killing 100 million people apiece on three continents, and now they're ready, willing, and able to start the killing on this continent as the Democrats fork over security secrets for 30 pieces of silver already collected by Biden and his coconspirators. It was very foolish of the Democrats to pity Hilary who has turned out to be the greatest threat to the Constitution with her divisive "us or them" rhetoric behind the safe doors of Omeurta applied by mob boss Nancy Pelosi. With them in power with brand new laws more repugnant than a knife in America's back, they have initiated a frightening new judicial system that incarcerates Republican dissidents for months on end with zero justice while their bloodthirsty supporters murder hundreds at their street hooligan rallies based on race.

Justice used to require proof before jailing. Their incarceration of Trump advisor Flynn was the first false political arrest of an innocent man tbat I ever saw. It was because he knew who's naughty and who's nice in their little communist nidus of evildoers.

Paid Maturity Leave to the rest of the world is about supporting the family...

Could the GOP please say it out right screw the families....
The GOP has no issue with paid maturity leave

we actually have it in the united states…and not just maturity but also paternity leave

where have you been?

As a matter of fact, yes. That is the reason that paid sick leave is part of my negotiated compensation package.

If you don't feel you needed paid sick leave when you accepted your job, why is that a taxpayer's problem?
Because people like to eat. Childbirth is a medical procedure no different then any other.

If employers offered it then it wouldn't be a "taxpayer's problem".

Billions a month printed to prop up Wall Street.

Forum List

Back