Manchin, Schumer agree to vastly pared back version of Build Back Better

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Sen. Joe Manchin announced Wednesday that he came to an agreement with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on a reconciliation bill, after more than a year of negotiations among Democrats.

Manchin, D-W.Va., frustrated Democrats for months, consistently refusing to support party-line legislation that at one point Democrats wanted to cost over $3 trillion. Democrats termed that legislation "Build Back Better," and Manchin shut down negotiations on it late last year.

But with Democrats grasping for a legislative win ahead of the midterms, Schumer, D-N.Y., kept up talks directly with Manchin through the spring and summer. In a lengthy statement, the moderate senator said Wednesday those talks resulted in a deal for a slimmed-down bill that includes tax, climate and prescription drug provisions.

Well ain't that some shit. :eusa_wall:

Sen. Joe Manchin announced Wednesday that he came to an agreement with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on a reconciliation bill, after more than a year of negotiations among Democrats.

Manchin, D-W.Va., frustrated Democrats for months, consistently refusing to support party-line legislation that at one point Democrats wanted to cost over $3 trillion. Democrats termed that legislation "Build Back Better," and Manchin shut down negotiations on it late last year.

But with Democrats grasping for a legislative win ahead of the midterms, Schumer, D-N.Y., kept up talks directly with Manchin through the spring and summer. In a lengthy statement, the moderate senator said Wednesday those talks resulted in a deal for a slimmed-down bill that includes tax, climate and prescription drug provisions.

They're not building anything, only further wrecking the economy.

20 years from now, kids will ask "Grandpa, what did you do during the Great Biden Depression?"

Money well spent?

Inflation is about to receive another jolt.

Money well spent?

Inflation is about to receive another jolt.
Nothing like raising taxes ("interest carry over loophole") on the rich so they can launder it through some BS green initiative right back into the DNC's coffers.

You know I hope it all does collapse......Hard times make for strong men.

At least it's nowhere near the amount of spending they originally wanted to spend. What a laugh though, to say more spending will reduce the deficit. It's like when my wife buys a new dress and says, "look, I got it for only $30 when it originally cost $100. So I saved us $70!" I kept my mouth shut. I know, I'm so whipped it ain't funny.

At least it's nowhere near the amount of spending they originally wanted to spend. What a laugh though, to say more spending will reduce the deficit. It's like when my wife buys a new dress and says, "look, I got it for only $30 when it originally cost $100. So I saved us $70!" I kept my mouth shut. I know, I'm so whipped it ain't funny.
As her if she can sell it for $70.00. ;)

Yay. More inflationary spending. You're really gonna love when this recession turns into a full-blown depression. and you lose your shit.
Maybe we need a severe depression, the worst ever to happen. That might save us

We need food shortages with all these GD fat fucks we have

I'm enjoying this

I think not.

;)
c4cca022da74df2bbf25ca0e365a0745.jpg

Maybe we need a severe depression, the worst ever to happen. That might save us

We need food shortages with all these GD fat fucks we have

I'm enjoying this
Be careful what you wish for. Americans don't have the character to endure another Great Depression and food shortages

Be careful what you wish for. Americans don't have the character to endure another Great Depression and food shortages
Well I'm afraid they are purposely pushing one for sure.

Conservs will survive it. We blast any libturd trying to steal from us. Let them kill each other. Utopia after

Forum List

Back