Man shot dead by Toronto police after schools locked down had pellet gun, police watchdog says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
We don't know the circumstances yet because unlike transparent and accountable police in America, Canada operates on secrecy. All we know is that it was a 27 year old.

A general assessment is that the person is probably a minority since they didn't release a photo of the person. This is particularly true since Doug Ford, the taxpayer siphoning Sugar Daddy of the TPS and OPP is in an election and any image of the police killing a person of colour before the election could cost him urban votes since he is enjoys splashing everyone elses money at the police cult members.

A man shot dead by police after reports of a person with a rifle forced several schools into lockdown in Toronto Thursday in fact had a pellet gun, Ontario's police watchdog says.

The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) also says the man was 27.

The watchdog agency said Friday that police were called to the scene just before 1 p.m. and located the man about 20 minutes later.

He was pronounced dead at about 1:40 p.m.

Toronto Police Chief James Ramer said officers were called to the Port Union area of Scarborough for reports of a person with a gun.

At a news conference late Thursday afternoon, Ramer said officers were "confronted" by the man. Ramer declined to provide further details, citing the SIU's investigation.

Unclear if man was holding weapon when located​

Investigators won't say whether the man pointed his weapon at officers or if he spoke of any plan to target a school.

It also remains unclear what happened once police confronted the 27-year-old.

On Friday morning, the SIU confirmed to CBC News that a pellet gun was recovered at the scene. It's unclear if the man was holding the weapon when police located him.

We don't know the circumstances yet because unlike transparent and accountable police in America, Canada operates on secrecy. All we know is that it was a 27 year old.

A general assessment is that the person is probably a minority since they didn't release a photo of the person. This is particularly true since Doug Ford, the taxpayer siphoning Sugar Daddy of the TPS and OPP is in an election and any image of the police killing a person of colour before the election could cost him urban votes since he is enjoys splashing everyone elses money at the police cult members.

A man shot dead by police after reports of a person with a rifle forced several schools into lockdown in Toronto Thursday in fact had a pellet gun, Ontario's police watchdog says.

The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) also says the man was 27.

The watchdog agency said Friday that police were called to the scene just before 1 p.m. and located the man about 20 minutes later.

He was pronounced dead at about 1:40 p.m.

Toronto Police Chief James Ramer said officers were called to the Port Union area of Scarborough for reports of a person with a gun.

At a news conference late Thursday afternoon, Ramer said officers were "confronted" by the man. Ramer declined to provide further details, citing the SIU's investigation.

Unclear if man was holding weapon when located​

Investigators won't say whether the man pointed his weapon at officers or if he spoke of any plan to target a school.

It also remains unclear what happened once police confronted the 27-year-old.

On Friday morning, the SIU confirmed to CBC News that a pellet gun was recovered at the scene. It's unclear if the man was holding the weapon when police located him.
I read he had three guns and was reported walking toward the school by a number of callers. So I don't believe a word of this "pellet gun" thing, and besides, why would he go to a school with that??

He had an "interaction" with the police (probably threatened to shoot them!) and that was it for him.

I read he had three guns and was reported walking toward the school by a number of callers. So I don't believe a word of this "pellet gun" thing, and besides, why would he go to a school with that??

He had an "interaction" with the police (probably threatened to shoot them!) and that was it for him.

Potentially yes. He didn't have a real gun, that is for certain. If he did, it would have been reported with glee (and relief) by the police.

I assume he threatened them, could have been death by suicide. I say assume, who knows? Even if he was a kid with a water gun SIU would clear the police though, that is also for certain.

Just ask the mother of the baby less than a year old who was shot and killed. Hell the police officer didn't have nor need, the dignity or character to answer questions. THAT is how police states operate. Or, the store owner killed in his own shop by police. HIs family still doesn't know why.

Stop funding our economy and we might be forced into civility and principles of human rights and accountable agencies...

Potentially yes. He didn't have a real gun, that is for certain. If he did, it would have been reported with glee (and relief) by the police.

I assume he threatened them, could have been death by suicide. I say assume, who knows? Even if he was a kid with a water gun SIU would clear the police though, that is also for certain.

Just ask the mother of the baby less than a year old who was shot and killed. Hell the police officer didn't have nor need, the dignity or character to answer questions. THAT is how police states operate. Or, the store owner killed in his own shop by police. HIs family still doesn't know why.

Stop funding our economy and we might be forced into civility and principles of human rights and accountable agencies...
You say for certain, but the reports here all day are that a Canadian with three guns was seen walking toward a school, the police had to kill him.

I'm not believing anything else till there's a correction in the reporting.

You say for certain, but the reports here all day are that a Canadian with three guns was seen walking toward a school, the police had to kill him.

I'm not believing anything else till there's a correction in the reporting.

There wasn't a man with three guns. Maybe a police stooge called in and said there was, or a witness with bad eyesight. One pellet gun was discovered, they don't even say if it was on his person or not.

There wasn't a man with three guns. Maybe a police stooge called in and said there was, or a witness with bad eyesight. One pellet gun was discovered, they don't even say if it was on his person or not.
What I am seeing here is that some unpleasant Canadian bragged yesterday that you all never have any trouble like that in Canada, and today some Canadian kid decided he'd copycat the school massacre in Uvalde, in Toronto. I am very, very unimpressed with this Virtue Signalling by whoever that Canadian was, and I hope it wasn't you.

1. Never bring a pellet gun to a school shooting.

2. Play stupid Canadian games, win stupid Canadian prizes.

That's all I could come up with. :rolleyes:

What I am seeing here is that some unpleasant Canadian bragged yesterday that you all never have any trouble like that in Canada, and today some Canadian kid decided he'd copycat the school massacre in Uvalde, in Toronto. I am very, very unimpressed with this Virtue Signalling by whoever that Canadian was, and I hope it wasn't you.

I've been persecuted since as a child I ratted out the pedo brother of a teacher, among other abuses by the state.

As an adult who still deals with the Creepy Ones, you will rarely hear me bragging about Canada...

Please don’t believe anything this idiot posts he is so full of shit. I don’t even believe he’s a Canadian at all.

Please don’t believe anything this idiot posts he is so full of shit. I don’t even believe he’s a Canadian at all.

shutthedoor.gif

Forum List

Back