Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

MK-177 BB - Google Search

Cops shoot first and ask questions, maybe; often not.

Because bullets usually travel in excess of the speed of sound (1127.5 feet per second) orders by police to freeze, drop the weapon might trail behind the bullets fired. :)

Actually a rifle like that would be closer to 3000 ft per second.

And if the suspect had had a real weapon and shot someone the cop'd be crucified for not having fired.
That is immaterial as it wasn't a real weapon, no one was anywhere near the guy, and he was on the phone.

Being on the phone is irrelevant as well. Or do you think people can't fire a weapon while on the phone?
One hand shooting an assault rifle? Sounds like a rambo movie :)

Are you implying it can't be done?

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

Because bullets usually travel in excess of the speed of sound (1127.5 feet per second) orders by police to freeze, drop the weapon might trail behind the bullets fired. :)

Uhmmm actually a rifle like that shoots closer to 700ft per second, but only if you pump it ten times.

And if the suspect had had a real weapon and shot someone the cop'd be crucified for not having fired.
That is immaterial as it wasn't a real weapon, no one was anywhere near the guy, and he was on the phone.

Being on the phone is irrelevant as well. Or do you think people can't fire a weapon while on the phone?

Zero accuracy but if you're just a loon going on a rampage, you aren't concerned about that.

No. I'm implying that it sounds like a rambo movie.

Zero accuracy but if you're just a loon going on a rampage, you aren't concerned about that.

Zero? Would you bet your life on it?

Uhmmm actually a rifle like that shoots closer to 700ft per second, but only if you pump it ten times.

I said a rifle like that. I guess you could classify a BB gun as a rifle ....but it's kinda like calling a Matchbox a car.

Oh I see, you're just trolling.

I said a rifle like that. I guess you could classify a BB gun as a rifle ....but it's kinda like calling a Matchbox a car.
Well yeah but most rifles are not made out of cheap plastic, nor do they shoot .177 caliber bbs and pelets.

Oh I see, you're just trolling.

No a troll would have been to say something like everyone knows you can't shoot an assault rifle with one hand while engaged on a phone and chewing gum all at the same time.

Well yeah but most rifles are not made out of cheap plastic, nor do they shoot .177 caliber bbs and pelets.

Whats that have to do with anything?

Those bags of dog food were is mortal danger of that young man talking on the phone holding a BB gun in one hand with no one in his sight. :lol: Of course he was so dangerous that police had to sneak up on him & shoot him in the back before he could react.

only if you fire first. Give a warning, give time to comply and THEN possibly fire.

"Freeze! Drop the weapon!"

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect is ~3300 feet away, and the rounds you fire travel at ~3000 feet per second (typical load of an M4/M16) the warning will reach their ear almost at the same moment the bullets do even if you waited 3 seconds for compliance. :)

If the suspect doesn't act aggressive there is no rush.

This cop used poor judgement, at the very minimum.

I've seen stand offs last hours without anyone getting shot.

Is a gun pointed at you an aggressive act?

Or would you wait until the trigger is pulled?

The gun was never pointed at ANYONE after the police arrived. Sorry, I defend LEOs , when they desere defending. This one doesnt.

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle, and you want me to tell you what your comparison has to do with?

only if you fire first. Give a warning, give time to comply and THEN possibly fire.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect is ~3300 feet away, and the rounds you fire travel at ~3000 feet per second (typical load of an M4/M16) the warning will reach their ear almost at the same moment the bullets do even if you waited 3 seconds for compliance. :)

The gun was never pointed at ANYONE after the police arrived. Sorry, I defend LEOs , when they desere defending. This one doesnt.

Did you see a different video than I?

Did you not hear the witness that called 911 that he was pointing it at people?

Are you both blind and deaf?

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle no?

Only in the looks department. And besides,plastic is used extensively in rifles these days...true story.

You are comparing a bb gun to a rifle, and you want me to tell you what your comparison has to do with?

Would you rather compare it to a pistol?

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

Agreed ... you hear the initial report that it was a clean shoot, that the bad guy would not put the gun down. Then you watch the video... and well it does not match the story at all.

Would you rather compare it to a pistol?
Why that young man wasn't brandishing a pistol was he?

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

Did you see a different video than I?

Did you not hear the witness that called 911 that he was pointing it at people?

Are you both blind and deaf?
The 911 caller lied. The actual video shows him alone, talking on the phone and pointing it at the floor.

Forum List

Back