Man pays ticket with coins,Clerks summon deputies!

They must have a machine to count coins. I would not roll that many up? would I? that is hours work?

Rolling coins is the very soul of tedium, which is why he went to the bank got them that way and then broke them apart.

So now you are against speed limits?

In some instances. I've driven in Germany and Italy and they have no speed limits on the highways outside of urban areas. There is no reason why we can't do the same. I've driven from Vegas to LA multiple times. There is no reason why I-15 needs a speed limit in the middle of the desert when there isn't a town around for 50 miles.

I got the Pennsylvania State Troopers called on me when i DARED to ask a Municipal Clerks name. She wouldn't answer a question so I asked if I could get that online she said she didn't know. I asked her name and she started getting nervous. I asked to see the Judge.

"Whats your name again"? I asked. She stammered: "I cant say".
"Oh, yer a city employee and you cant tell me your name? Is it on a city website somewhere?"
"We don't give out personal info".

Alright. I saw there was a camera dome in that waiting area so I figgered there was audio being recorded too so I just shut up and waited. While I was waiting they sent the largest Lesbian who worked there out to try to intimidate me. "Can I help you?" the Amazon woman asked. I smiled: "Naw this lady at the window is doing just fine thanks". She just stared at me for a while and went back in.

On the way back home my wife gets a call on her cell (The contact info we left on the ticket) from a Penn State Trooper. "Mr. J****? This is Trooper ****. Could you come back to the Municipal Court so we can talk"?

About what?

"The disturbance you caused"

What disturbance?

"Well, I have a very upset worker here who says you caused quite a scene".

Oh ok. So I said "Well then tell ya what. Look at the surveillance video and compare it to the official complaint she made (of course I knew there was none) then go before a Judge and ask him or her if this is enough for issuing an Arrest Warrant".

He said "No we just need to talk". I repeated what I already said he should do and he hung up before I could finish.

Yeah we got this thing called "The 5th Amendment" and I know how it works. I ant talking to no Cop about anything.

>

Well as a government office I do agree that they should have take the coins as payment even thought they would have had to count them.

However since the guy was being a jerk here is how I'd have handled it as the clerk...

1. First of all maintain the 3-P's of customer service (Positive attitude, Professional demeanor, and Polite).

2. Next I would explain how this was going to work.

3. First I would explain I would need to get an empty box and some paper form the copier.

4. Next I would explain that I would need to count every coin that was presented. When there were counted out 50 pennies (50 cents), I would roll them into a piece of paper, mark it and place it in the empty box. When there were counted out 40 nickles (2 dollars), I would roll them into a piece of paper, mark it and place it in the empty box. When there were counted out 50 dimes (5 dollars), I would roll them into a piece of paper, mark it and place it in the empty box. When there were counted out 40 quarters (10 cents), I would roll them into a piece of paper, mark it and place it in the empty box.

5. He would have to wait there at the counter as I counted each coin and placed it in the appropriate pile.

6. If he wanted to leave, he would have take all the coins back and leave with them. If he returned in the future, we would have to start from scratch.

7. Next I would inform him that I would have to tell the people that were waiting in line that it might be hours as the person in front of them was paying in coins - legal tender - and that we were required to count them. The we were very sorry that this gentleman had chosen to make life inconvenient to them.

8. Finally I'd make it clerk he could only receive a receipt showing payment only after all the coins were counted.

9. Then I'd ask, very politely, if he desired to wait?​

If he agree, then get the box and paper and start county.

...1 penny
......2 penny
.........3 penny
............4 penny
...............5 penny
..................6 penny
.....................etc.
........................etc.

The difference is the clerk is being paid to county pennies, the guy would have to stand there for hours for being a jerk.

>>>>

The government is getting more and more authoritarian for whatever reason. The law basically says those coins are legal tender and they have to be accepted. Despite this governments feel they can circumnavigate the law themselves whenever they think the people are using it to their advantage and to the government's disadvantage.

I noticed that I was charged 'court fees' for attempting to challenge a ticket. I was charged court fees with my fine. That is complete horse shit because my taxes should already cover the cost of operating the court system.

So now you are against speed limits?

In some instances. I've driven in Germany and Italy and they have no speed limits on the highways outside of urban areas. There is no reason why we can't do the same. I've driven from Vegas to LA multiple times. There is no reason why I-15 needs a speed limit in the middle of the desert when there isn't a town around for 50 miles.

You should write a letter to someone. For now we have speed limits.

Forum List

Back