Man hides gallon of ice cream in a bin of stuffed animals a the grocery store?

Preius

Rookie
Oct 6, 2011
Southern California
I came around the corner into the Halloween aisle at Ralphs (Kroger) and a senior citizen was hiding a gallon of frozen ice cream in a display bin of large stuffed animals. Our eyes met, I said nothing. The man sitting in a disabled cart said, "I am on Social Security, their pharmacy over charged me $50, and refused to correct it. I have moved all my prescriptions to CVS, this is payback."

I looked at the man and said, "Excuse me, were you talking to me? Do you know where the talcum powder is?" He smiled, shook his head, and I walked away. Somewhere here there is a message, and I think it is for chain pharmacies. What do you think it is?

talcum_powder.jpg

Last edited:
I came around the corner into the Halloween aisle at Ralphs (Kroger) and a senior citizen was hiding a gallon of frozen ice cream in a display bin of large stuffed animals. Our eyes met, I said nothing. The man sitting in a disabled cart said, "I am on Social Security, their pharmacy over charged me $50, and refused to correct it. I have moved all my prescriptions to CVS, this is payback."

I looked at the man and said, "Excuse me, were you talking to me? Do you know where the talcum powder is?" He smiled, shook his head, and I walked away. Somewhere here there is a message, and I think it is for chain pharmacies. What do you think it is?

talcum_powder.jpg

ralph kroger is lucky that the old guy did not hide some frozen mackerels in the perfume aisle.

For real good payback..he should have gotten shrimp or other seafood..and hidden it someplace where they would never find it till the smell became so unbearable, they'd have to tear the place apart!

All I can say is in ten posts no 'holy roller' has posted that I should have gone to a store manager and turned the old man in for his actions. I am liking it in USMB.

I love it that a guy, who looked like anyone's grandfather, went for payback. I am disappointed in Kroger for screwing up the $50 on a prescription for a senior on Social Security and not making it right. I believe the old guy told me the truth. Otherwise why would he do it, and say what he did to me? I am satisfied that I did the correct thing to ignore what I saw.

grandfather-granddaughter.jpg

Last edited:
For real good payback..he should have gotten shrimp or other seafood..and hidden it someplace where they would never find it till the smell became so unbearable, they'd have to tear the place apart!

^^ This! Like when Dwight Schrute put that dead fish in the ceiling on The Office. :lol:

All I can say is in ten posts no 'holy roller' has posted that I should have gone to a store manager and turned the old man in for his actions. I am liking it in USMB.

I love it that a guy, who looked like anyone's grandfather, went for payback. I am disappointed in Kroger for screwing up the $50 on a prescription for a senior on Social Security and not making it right. I believe the old guy told me the truth. Otherwise why would he do it, and say what he did to me? I am satisfied that I did the correct thing to ignore what I saw.

You mean you don't KNOW that you were supposed to go to the store manager? Isn't this a commentary on what kind of people we have become. There is some macabre circle of bad judgment where you can join in the old man's pathetic act of rebellion and feel good about it. Kroeger had it COMING, we all get PAYBACK.

You know what made this so STUPID. Kroeger DOESN''T KNOW. That's what gives this kind of property damage such an impact. It's destruction for the sheer joy of destroying something that belongs to someone else. Then having a secret excuse. Kroeger really thought it was some kids destroying for the joy of it. It's not like someone told them it was because they screwed up a $50.00 prescription. It's not like this kind of action really hurt Kroeger. They return the stuffed animals to the manufacturer and get new ones. The loss of the ice cream is treated like a shoplifting loss. Enough loss and the store raises prices to cover it.

You are satisfied you did the right thing but why? My Dad used pathetic little acts of rebellion too. He liked to key nice cars in parking lots. Everywhere we went, as we passed some new or expensive car he'd key it up and down. The car might have looked like a car that cut him off last week. Or maybe it was because that was a nice car and we had an old clunker. You're like my Dad!

You mean you don't KNOW that you were supposed to go to the store manager? Isn't this a commentary on what kind of people we have become. There is some macabre circle of bad judgment where you can join in the old man's pathetic act of rebellion and feel good about it. Kroeger had it COMING, we all get PAYBACK.

You know what made this so STUPID. Kroeger DOESN''T KNOW. That's what gives this kind of property damage such an impact. It's destruction for the sheer joy of destroying something that belongs to someone else. Then having a secret excuse. Kroeger really thought it was some kids destroying for the joy of it. It's not like someone told them it was because they screwed up a $50.00 prescription. It's not like this kind of action really hurt Kroeger. They return the stuffed animals to the manufacturer and get new ones. The loss of the ice cream is treated like a shoplifting loss. Enough loss and the store raises prices to cover it.

You are satisfied you did the right thing but why? My Dad used pathetic little acts of rebellion too. He liked to key nice cars in parking lots. Everywhere we went, as we passed some new or expensive car he'd key it up and down. The car might have looked like a car that cut him off last week. Or maybe it was because that was a nice car and we had an old clunker. You're like my Dad!

You're speculating as to what extent Kroeger knew...it was not mentioned to what extent the old guy went to resolve the situation or who exactly was involved in the dispute over the over charge.

For me, this is more than just about chain pharmacies. It's folks being fed up overall with not being treated justly. Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?

Aside from that, what the old guy did is minimal in face of what he might have done...like arm himself and go on a shooting spree. The rise in the cost of things as a result of this is not likely to be as costly as say actual shoplifters, employees stealing, errors at the checkout, overall waste that occurs in supermarkets. I would have looked the other way too, silently cheered for the guy, and minded my own business.

You're speculating as to what extent Kroeger knew...it was not mentioned to what extent the old guy went to resolve the situation or who exactly was involved in the dispute over the over charge.

For me, this is more than just about chain pharmacies. It's folks being fed up overall with not being treated justly. Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?

Aside from that, what the old guy did is minimal in face of what he might have done...like arm himself and go on a shooting spree. The rise in the cost of things as a result of this is not likely to be as costly as say actual shoplifters, employees stealing, errors at the checkout, overall waste that occurs in supermarkets. I would have looked the other way too, silently cheered for the guy, and minded my own business.

I would have waited until the old guy left, got the ice cream and put it back in the freezer without telling anyone. Destroying for the sake of destroying is a sign of the degenerates we are becoming as a people. The shoplifters are to a store what a pickppocket is to you. If I suspected such a victim of being a liberal, I too might choose to silently cheer when someone lifts your wallet out of your pocket. Most likely you have it comeing for one reason or other.

I would have waited until the old guy left, got the ice cream and put it back in the freezer without telling anyone. Destroying for the sake of destroying is a sign of the degenerates we are becoming as a people. The shoplifters are to a store what a pickppocket is to you. If I suspected such a victim of being a liberal, I too might choose to silently cheer when someone lifts your wallet out of your pocket. Most likely you have it comeing for one reason or other.

This is not the act of a degenerate, or someone destroying for the sake of destroying... it's the act of someone fed up...I get it, most folks get it. The rest of that is nonsense and not worthy of reply.

talcum_powder.jpg

There is one pharmacy, not sure which one, that will pay you $25.00 for every script to transfer to them from another store.

Anyway, more power to him.

This is not the act of a degenerate, or someone destroying for the sake of destroying... it's the act of someone fed up...I get it, most folks get it. The rest of that is nonsense and not worthy of reply.

It is not only the act of a degenerate, but one born of a culture of degeneracy.

Which is pretty much what we have become. I am old enough to remember when poverty was not an automatic excuse for criminality. Those days have long gone.

I knew someone would have to take, (what they think is) high moral ground. I know enough about business to know that Kroger is going to eat those stuffed animals. I have no idea what the old man thought he would accomplish, but when that ice cream starts melting on to the floor, Ralph's supermarket will know it was a conscious act against them, and apparently that was the old man's point. At no point in this post have I indicated the old man's action was right or wrong, but I do think it was funny. However, I am known in business for doing payback even on the smallest slight. Otherwise you will be taken advantage of. At least that is the way in big business.

You really go on like and old lady - are you sure you are not my mother? I used to laugh at my mother at income tax time. She was so greedy. She thought that if she could convince their tax accountant that a deduction was justified, the IRS would think so too. Mother and father bought into a tax shelter for $50,000. It turned out to be fraud, and the IRS was there within days demanding $50,000 immediately. With the shelter gone tax was recalculated automatically by the IRS. I think the IRS saw the investment go belly up and looked up the investors. My poor parents sat in their luxurious Sun City West home living on $3 a day until my brother and I found out and sent dollars!

As to your dad and his keying cars coupled with your high and mighty post in this thread, I think we are all reminded that the acorn does not fall far from the tree. Lighten up, grow a sense of humor! I think your dad should have married my mother!

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back