Man dressed up as sword-carrying Joker arrested in Virginia, police say

A felony charge for wearing a mask in public!? That's fucking moronic.

A felony charge for wearing a mask in public!? That's fucking moronic.

I wonder how the statute is worded, because it could be argued that he was wearing make up and not a mask lol.

I guess make up falls under the 'other device' in the wording of this law. Either way, this seems like a silly law.

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions

Hmm, yeah, the "other device" part is very vague. I guess it'd depend on how the courts have interpreted that in Virginia if it was ever litigated. Also, the statute might give him an out here as well:

" However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes"

It doesn't say "wearing traditional holiday costumes during a holiday." :D

Look at this baaaad ass brotha trucka

We can all learn something from his example

My neighbor was really into live action role-playing and the crafting of weaponry for it. He moved not long after his wife divorced him. :lol:

Look at this baaaad ass brotha trucka

We can all learn something from his example

My neighbor was really into live action role-playing and the crafting of weaponry for it. He moved not long after his wife divorced him. :lol:

2 of my best friends in the world are married and into role-playing. The wife's friends craft medieval armor and swords and shit, and cosplay them at conventions.

They made me a pirate sword. It's hanging over my fireplace in the most prominent spot in the living room :rofl:

Forum List

Back