Man Canvassing Neighborhood For GOP Candidate Got Arrested -- He Was Black

Then why didnt he say so?
Such a simple thing to explain yet he chose to be obnoxious.
I don't want people like him to identify with my party because he doesnt represent our values.
The police for the most part are not our enemy. When people treat them as this clown did they degrade society and bring more trouble to the populace.
I hope he goes back to the dem plantation so he cant do anymore harm to those of us who respect the rule of law.

He didn't have to. He was not breaking any law. You a not for the rule of law. That cop violated that mans constitutional rights.
-------------------------- let him Sue IM2 !!

Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated."

You really don't want him to sue.

obviously the kid was doing nothing wrong. absolutely, but the cop still has an obligation when he has a call in for a suspicious person. He cant assume the call was just because it was a racist white person who is afraid of blacks, and therefore I guess your going to have situations like this. So maybe the cop made a mistake? fine. Sue them all and lets have our cops back off more and more. Nothing bad ever happens in the hood.

This happened in a white neighborhood in Iowa. And the cop can roil up on a situation and see it is not worth wasting time on.
I'm still trying to figure out what you have to do to be "suspicious" other than be Black.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Black Man Canvassing for GOP Congressman Stopped, Arrested by Police After Call of a 'Suspicious Person'"

So a brave black conservative (Keilon Hill) who decided to walk away from the democrat plantation ended up going to Iowa to canvass for a GOP congressman, Rep. David Young for last week's mid-terms. The police was called on him because he is black and therefore suspicious -- the young man recorded his encounter with the police officer. In the video, the campaign worker is heard telling the officer he isn’t breaking any laws and that the cop has no right to detain him.

The police officer says that people in the neighborhood felt the man was suspicious because he walking thru their neighborhood canvassing for republicans -- in case you need a visual of how suspicious that looks -- see photo ----> View attachment 228925 Pretty scary

The young man was canvassing on behalf of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement -- too bad the citizens in that neighborhood didn't think his presence there was community improvement -- he was ultimately arrested and charged with some shit the cop made up and the charges were later dropped. Determined to show support for his candidate, he returned the next day to canvass Iowa neighborhoods and again, the police were called -- the second time, a nice woman invited the young man into her home so the police would leave him alone.

In a statement, Hill said he hoped sharing his story will help prevent another minority from encountering a similar situation; he said “Within five days of my stay in Des Moines, I had two police encounters, with one ending in an arrest. These encounters happened while I was out working in affluential, Caucasian neighborhoods. I had work materials with me. I stood up for myself because I had the right to.” -- unfortunately, most of the people in that republican district you were canvassing, disagree with you.

Wait, I watched that video. Yes it sucks someone called the cops on that guy because he was black, If some old white lady gets scarred because she sees a black guy walking around, there's not much you can do to stop her from calling the police. What you don't know for fact is whether the caller was a democrat or a republican.

Furthermore, the black guy did what I would never do. If a cop asks me to stop I'm going to stop and let him do his job... not be a jackass about it and keep arguing with a cop over whatever reason. The cop didnt arrest him for walking while black.... he arrested him for repeatedly arguing with a cop. The cop decided to go by the book, but he offered every chance for the black guy to cooperate.
If a cop goes out on a call, its his responsibility to complete the report. If he goes back to the station and says... "oh yeah, I let the guy walk because he looked legit and said he didnt want to be questioned"
The cop would look like a fucking fool, because its his job to ask the questions once he goes on call.

Why is that so Fucking Hard to understand? The racism part... in the first place.. yeah I agree thats sad but those are two seperate issues.

When I was working in Reno on a night shift in a machine shop, i went on a break for lunch down to the 7-11 on my walk back up the hill a cop car speeds up behind me with his lights turned out because there was a silent alarm in one of the commercial buildings.... long story short, he pushes me up against the fence and searches me for weapons only 30 yards from where I worked... now I could have been a Jackass and tried to argue with him and try to say.. I didnt do nothing wrong and work right here... But I understand the cop has to do what he has to do.
I understand though.. if I was black I might think he just stopped me because I was black. But the fact is , none of us can help that. Cops still have to be hired, they still have to do whtever the hell it is they are trained to do and if you dont cooperate, things will go sideways
Bullshit. Unless the officer is investigating a crime you have no obligation to answer a cop. The best way to handle this is to ask the cop if you are being arrested or detained. If the answer is no you dont have to do shit.

The cop was sent out on a call, he wasnt just some random cop driving around. When I got searched there was no evidence of a crime either. A rat could have set off the building alarm or maybe there was no alarm at all and the cop just wanted to see who I was, I dont know. In this case though, being sent out on a call for a suspicious person, the cop is supposed to ask the guy some questions then let him go on his way. Thats how its supposed to work. It doesnt matter if the call was bullshit or not... the cop needs to determine that but if he doesnt at least stop the guy to ask questions he's not doing his job.
If you knew your rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

The us versus them attitude is juvenile nonsense that creates more problems than it solves. And, it is definitely every citizens duty to make the cops job easier. Treat others as you would like them to treat you, and you will have a lot fewer adverse encounters with a police officer.

A month ago, I had a blowout on the freeway. I managed to get my truck over to the edge of the freeway. A cop stopped, used his patrol car as a safety barrier, and actually helped me change the tire. Good cops consider themselves to be public servants and do their best to be good servants.

Black Man Canvassing for GOP Congressman Stopped, Arrested by Police After Call of a 'Suspicious Person'"

So a brave black conservative (Keilon Hill) who decided to walk away from the democrat plantation ended up going to Iowa to canvass for a GOP congressman, Rep. David Young for last week's mid-terms. The police was called on him because he is black and therefore suspicious -- the young man recorded his encounter with the police officer. In the video, the campaign worker is heard telling the officer he isn’t breaking any laws and that the cop has no right to detain him.

The police officer says that people in the neighborhood felt the man was suspicious because he walking thru their neighborhood canvassing for republicans -- in case you need a visual of how suspicious that looks -- see photo ----> View attachment 228925 Pretty scary

The young man was canvassing on behalf of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement -- too bad the citizens in that neighborhood didn't think his presence there was community improvement -- he was ultimately arrested and charged with some shit the cop made up and the charges were later dropped. Determined to show support for his candidate, he returned the next day to canvass Iowa neighborhoods and again, the police were called -- the second time, a nice woman invited the young man into her home so the police would leave him alone.

In a statement, Hill said he hoped sharing his story will help prevent another minority from encountering a similar situation; he said “Within five days of my stay in Des Moines, I had two police encounters, with one ending in an arrest. These encounters happened while I was out working in affluential, Caucasian neighborhoods. I had work materials with me. I stood up for myself because I had the right to.” -- unfortunately, most of the people in that republican district you were canvassing, disagree with you.

Wait, I watched that video. Yes it sucks someone called the cops on that guy because he was black, If some old white lady gets scarred because she sees a black guy walking around, there's not much you can do to stop her from calling the police. What you don't know for fact is whether the caller was a democrat or a republican.

Furthermore, the black guy did what I would never do. If a cop asks me to stop I'm going to stop and let him do his job... not be a jackass about it and keep arguing with a cop over whatever reason. The cop didnt arrest him for walking while black.... he arrested him for repeatedly arguing with a cop. The cop decided to go by the book, but he offered every chance for the black guy to cooperate.
If a cop goes out on a call, its his responsibility to complete the report. If he goes back to the station and says... "oh yeah, I let the guy walk because he looked legit and said he didnt want to be questioned"
The cop would look like a fucking fool, because its his job to ask the questions once he goes on call.

Why is that so Fucking Hard to understand? The racism part... in the first place.. yeah I agree thats sad but those are two seperate issues.

When I was working in Reno on a night shift in a machine shop, i went on a break for lunch down to the 7-11 on my walk back up the hill a cop car speeds up behind me with his lights turned out because there was a silent alarm in one of the commercial buildings.... long story short, he pushes me up against the fence and searches me for weapons only 30 yards from where I worked... now I could have been a Jackass and tried to argue with him and try to say.. I didnt do nothing wrong and work right here... But I understand the cop has to do what he has to do.
I understand though.. if I was black I might think he just stopped me because I was black. But the fact is , none of us can help that. Cops still have to be hired, they still have to do whtever the hell it is they are trained to do and if you dont cooperate, things will go sideways
Bullshit. Unless the officer is investigating a crime you have no obligation to answer a cop. The best way to handle this is to ask the cop if you are being arrested or detained. If the answer is no you dont have to do shit.

The cop was sent out on a call, he wasnt just some random cop driving around. When I got searched there was no evidence of a crime either. A rat could have set off the building alarm or maybe there was no alarm at all and the cop just wanted to see who I was, I dont know. In this case though, being sent out on a call for a suspicious person, the cop is supposed to ask the guy some questions then let him go on his way. Thats how its supposed to work. It doesnt matter if the call was bullshit or not... the cop needs to determine that but if he doesnt at least stop the guy to ask questions he's not doing his job.
If you knew your rights you would know that unless you are being arrested or detained you dont have to cooperate with a cop. Your job is not to make the cops job easier.

The us versus them attitude is juvenile nonsense that creates more problems than it solves. And, it is definitely every citizens duty to make the cops job easier. Treat others as you would like them to treat you, and you will have a lot fewer adverse encounters with a police officer.

A month ago, I had a blowout on the freeway. I managed to get my truck over to the edge of the freeway. A cop stopped, used his patrol car as a safety barrier, and actually helped me change the tire. Good cops consider themselves to be public servants and do their best to be good servants.
Bullshit. Its not my duty or anyone elses to make a cops job easier. They want to be treated with respect they better start acting respectable.

Either you are not Black or you found that 1 in a million white cop that wasnt a racist.

“Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated.

Tell police to stop arresting black citizens who are not breaking the law.

Notice this troll leaves out the actual reason he was arrested.

Bullshit. Its not my duty or anyone elses to make a cops job easier. They want to be treated with respect they better start acting respectable.

Either you are not Black or you found that 1 in a million white cop that wasnt a racist.
Do the world a favor and run from them.

He didn't have to. He was not breaking any law. You a not for the rule of law. That cop violated that mans constitutional rights.

Mr. Hill declined to speak with Officer Ray further because he knew Iowa law does not require a person to identify themselves unless there is reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot, and Mr. Hill was not up to anything illegal,” the press release stated."

obviously the kid was doing nothing wrong. absolutely, but the cop still has an obligation when he has a call in for a suspicious person. He cant assume the call was just because it was a racist white person who is afraid of blacks, and therefore I guess your going to have situations like this. So maybe the cop made a mistake? fine. Sue them all and lets have our cops back off more and more. Nothing bad ever happens in the hood.

This happened in a white neighborhood in Iowa. And the cop can roil up on a situation and see it is not worth wasting time on.
I'm still trying to figure out what you have to do to be "suspicious" other than be Black.
Oftentimes, criminals will case neighborhoods by simply going door to door posed as a utility worker, canvasser, solicitor and other guises.

And if they refuse to identify themselves under such circumstances that is a huge red flag to any homeowner and especially law enforcement.

Do the world a favor and run from them.
You do the world a favor and eat a salad of tomato plant leaves.

Oftentimes, criminals will case neighborhoods by simply going door to door posed as a utility worker, canvasser, solicitor and other guises.

And if they refuse to identify themselves under such circumstances that is a huge red flag to any homeowner and especially law enforcement.
Sounds kinda stupid to me. You go door to door and thats more people that can ID you. What do you learn from going door to door when you just get on google maps and case the neighborhood?

Irregardless, who said he refused to ID himself to the people he was talking to?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

That's a fact. I had to threaten one a few months back.

He cant assume the call was just because it was a racist white person who is afraid of blacks,
And of course there's no indication that it was a white person who called in the first place.

true, it could have been anyone... it's just assumed it was a white person.

Deny, deny, and ….deny.

What am I denying? it was most likely a white person. It also could have been someone Korean, or Chinese.

He cant assume the call was just because it was a racist white person who is afraid of blacks,
And of course there's no indication that it was a white person who called in the first place.

Deny, deny, and ….deny.

What am I denying? it was most likely a white person. It also could have been someone Korean, or Chinese.

It was a white person and every time something like this happens it's the same old song. "It could have been anybody."

Sounds kinda stupid to me. You go door to door and thats more people that can ID you. What do you learn from going door to door when you just get on google maps and case the neighborhood?

Irregardless, who said he refused to ID himself to the people he was talking to?
Mr. Hill.

Deny, deny, and ….deny.

It was a white person and every time something like this happens it's the same old song. "It could have been anybody."
Do you have a pic to prove they were white? Or any sort of evidence at all?

----------------------------------- an unusual , unrecognized person in the neighborhood can be reason to be suspicious for some people so just call the cops , nothing to it Ace .

Then why didnt he say so?
Such a simple thing to explain yet he chose to be obnoxious.
I don't want people like him to identify with my party because he doesnt represent our values.
The police for the most part are not our enemy. When people treat them as this clown did they degrade society and bring more trouble to the populace.
I hope he goes back to the dem plantation so he cant do anymore harm to those of us who respect the rule of law.

--------------------------------- cop can't just roll up and ASSUME as he'd have to at least investigate IM2 .

--------------------------------- cop can't just roll up and ASSUME as he'd have to at least investigate IM2 .
XXXXXXX don't care about reality.

Racist term deleted. Do not bypass the word filter. miketx

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back