Making popular shows unwatchable

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Several shows we have watched for awhile have turned the show from 44 minutes to 123 minutes.
(Without commercials) So with commercials going from 1 hour shows to 2 hours.
And all that they have done is increase the "rehash scenes" - several times even from the same damn episode, literally re-showing a couple minutes of what they already showed 30 minutes earlier.
And also, all they have done is simply include boring shit that they used to edit out.

The most recent is Naked and Afraid XL. One of our favorite shows, we now haven't watched for awhile. You can't just ffwd past the boring shit because you don't know what part is fluff and what part something happens.
They turned a great show into a boring snooze fest.
I don't know if it is still that way, but we stopped watching Gold Rush for the same reason and others.

Most TV productions are unwatchable nowadays for several reasons.

Too many commercials, too many minorities or queers, fluff in the production like OP said and generally shitty content. Then you have the stupid inserts they put on the screen to tell you about another worthless show.

I haven't watch a network show in a long time and many of the cable shows because they are simply not worthwhile nowadays.

If I can't record it and skip through the commercials I assure you I won't watch it. One minute of commercial being the price you have to pay for two minutes of substance is too high a price.

I am really getting tired of every actor being a minority or a homo. Woke shit sucks.

Most TV productions are unwatchable nowadays for several reasons.

Too many commercials, too many minorities or queers, fluff in the production like OP said and generally shitty content. Then you have the stupid inserts they put on the screen to tell you about another worthless show.

I haven't watch a network show in a long time and many of the cable shows because they are simply not worthwhile nowadays.

If I can't record it and skip through the commercials I assure you I won't watch it. One minute of commercial being the price you have to pay for two minutes of substance is too high a price.

I am really getting tired of every actor being a minority or a homo. Woke shit sucks.
I cut cable years and years ago.
I haven't seen commercials for at least a decade.
I couldn't possibly watch a show with commercials.
Like I say... the shows were 43 minutes long, so when they are on cable TV - that means 17 minutes of commercials - hell no

Now that I think about it - I haven't watched commercials for over 20 years.
We use to tape episodes on VHS, and then watch them the next day and ffwd past the commercials

I cut the cable after MrG passed. I really like my firestick. I pick and choose what I want to watch. Of course, I pay for the streaming WITH commercials...its a few bucks cheaper, plus I get a pee break.

I cut the cable after MrG passed. I really like my firestick. I pick and choose what I want to watch. Of course, I pay for the streaming WITH commercials...its a few bucks cheaper, plus I get a pee break.
I have had a Roku for years now (basically the same thing as fire stick)
We pay for streaming channels WITHOUT commercials. I just can't watch commercials.
We have:
Amazon Prime
Netflix
Discovery Plus
AppleTV
Peacock

I just DVR crap and then FF through the slow parts and commercials as it suits me. I seldom watch TV and when I do it is almost never in real time unless there is some breaking news going on. I will wait until the DVR gets clogged up and start through a series on a rainy day or nappy sunday. We get so much crap in our DVR that no body claims to have recorded I have to clean it out every couple weeks though. I assume they are accidentally hitting record. I also have a glitch in my Direct DVR where it keeps recording this show called Chef's Life on PBS even though we have deleted it from the recording menu. It just keeps doing it anyway.

I have had a Roku for years now (basically the same thing as fire stick)
We pay for streaming channels WITHOUT commercials. I just can't watch commercials.
We have:
Amazon Prime
Netflix
Discovery Plus
AppleTV
Peacock
For me....Discovery+, Peacock, Netflix, HBOmax, Prime. Was thinking on getting Apple.

For me....Discovery+, Peacock, Netflix, HBOmax, Prime. Was thinking on getting Apple.
because they are trying to build an audience, Apple is super cheap.
And they have some extremely good series...
Servant is super good.
And Severance may be a bit whacky... but very-very good.

Forum List

Back