Making Education Great Again...

Lets compare today's High School students to say....someone with a masters degree from Columbia University twenty years ago

Today's students must engage in original thought, must clearly define their ideas, must logically define their thought process

Someone who graduated Columbia University twenty years ago only needed to cut and paste the work of others without offering original thoughts or conclusions

Today's student is obviously superior

And a huge number of youth with HS diplomas can't read at the 5th grade level and their math skills are even worse.

But....they have learned how to vote.....

They have the right to vote. It was given to them by God through the Constitution.

"...the right to vote. It was given to them by God through the Constitution."

Well put.

But the pejorative that you detect is that the direction of said vote is due to indoctrination, not education.

I thought we were talking about American math education compared to Chinese math education....

And what do you think about that topic?

They have the right to vote. It was given to them by God through the Constitution.

Well put.

But the pejorative that you detect is that the direction of said vote is due to indoctrination, not education.

Let's see the source:
1. The federally funded “National History Standards” for elementary schools were released in 1994, cemented a revisionist view of American Communism for schoolteachers, as the guide mentions McCarthy over twenty times, while Edison and the Wright Brothers got no mention.

“It …repeatedly condemns McCarthyism as an unmitigated evil…[but] the Hiss-Chambers and Rosenberg cases, the two dominant controversies of the anticommunist era, are described with bland, neutral language crafted to keep from implying guilt while not being quite so foolhardy as to actually assert innocence..’National Standards’…implies that the cases are part and parcel of the McCartyite horror.”
From “In Denial,” by Haynes and Klehr, pg. 151

Education in America, it seems, mirrors what Stalin said about voting...
"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
Of course, the first step will be to keep people like you and your stupid, magical nonsense away from any public school curriculum.

???????
May I hep you sir

Sure, you may clarify.

Well put.

Let's see the source:
1. The federally funded “National History Standards” for elementary schools were released in 1994, cemented a revisionist view of American Communism for schoolteachers, as the guide mentions McCarthy over twenty times, while Edison and the Wright Brothers got no mention.

“It …repeatedly condemns McCarthyism as an unmitigated evil…[but] the Hiss-Chambers and Rosenberg cases, the two dominant controversies of the anticommunist era, are described with bland, neutral language crafted to keep from implying guilt while not being quite so foolhardy as to actually assert innocence..’National Standards’…implies that the cases are part and parcel of the McCartyite horror.”

Of course, the first step will be to keep people like you and your stupid, magical nonsense away from any public school curriculum.

???????
May I hep you sir

Sure, you may clarify.
We need to keep the religious goobers away from our public education.

Well put.

Let's see the source:

???????
May I hep you sir

Sure, you may clarify.

This is what needs clarification. What do you imagine a "religious goober" to be, and what do you mean by "away" from public education?

???????
May I hep you sir

Sure, you may clarify.

This is what needs clarification. What do you imagine a "religious goober" to be, and what do you mean by "away" from public education?
Keep religious ideas in religion class only, and nowhere else. Defeat the cultists trying to wedge magical religious nonsense into curricula.

Keep religious ideas in religion class only, and nowhere else. .....

Impossible

May I hep you sir

Sure, you may clarify.

Impossible
I think not.

Sure, you may clarify.

Impossible
I think not.

Really? How are you going to teach History without talking about religious ideas? Literature? Political Science?

Impossible
I think not.

Really? How are you going to teach History without talking about religious ideas? Literature? Political Science?
That's not what I mean. I mean discussing the value or truth of religious ideas. I can teach about the inquisition and the Crusade without even for a second litigating the truth of magical Bible bullshit.

The strategy is simply enough: get Liberals out of it.

1. The touchy-feely self-esteem that Liberals have instituted in place of passing and failing has doomed learning in this country. Just look at the scores our children achieve in international competition.

a. “A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest….There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.” http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/education/ed0001.html

2. In fact, feeling good is so central to Liberalism, that it is a higher value than truth. The Left has changed American school textbooks from books attempting to convey history to books attempting to make women and members of select minorities feel good about themselves. Democrat lawmakers pass laws demanding that textbooks be rewritten to include more Democrat Party blocs. California Gay Textbooks: Proposal Would Require LGBT Lessons In Schools | HuffPost

a. “'History should be honest,' Gov. Jerry Brown says in signing the state law, which had sparked hot debate among legislators.... making California the first state to require that school textbooks and history lessons include the contributions of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans.State laws: New state law requires textbooks to include gays' achievements

3. To see what we're up against, I commend an article in the current Brooklyn Daily,
"China syndrome: Whose kids get a better education?"
China syndrome: Whose kids get a better education?

"...Lenora Chu and her family arrived in Shanghai from the United States in 2010,...She spent the next seven years examining not just her young son’s education, but the whole Chinese educational system, comparing it with her own American upbringing and what’s happening in our schools today.

4. In China, education is .... a sorting mechanism — you advance to the next level of schooling based on a test score,” said Chu. The teachers are very strict from the get-go. One day, her preschooler came home from school with shiny red star stuck to his forehead.

“What do you get a red star for?” she asks in the book. “Do you get it if you run fast?”

Her son, Rainey, laughed He got it, of course, for sitting still. Chu was outraged. Her son was just three!

5. “Why do you sit? Do they make you sit at school? Do you have to sit?” Her husband, National Public Radio’s China correspondent Rob Schmitz, said is sounded as if she was asking, “Are your human rights being violated?”
But learning to sit still doesn’t violate any U.N. conventions.

6. And neither did what happened next. Rainey told his mom that four times that day he had found egg in his mouth — the food he detested most. How did it get there, Chu asked? The teacher put it in, because eggs are an important food. Three times he cried and spit it out. The fourth time, he swallowed.

And today he likes eggs."

During the civil rights movement, the by-word was 'keep your eye on the prize'....

We should remember that motto.
You are so fuking weird.

Wanting to end imaginary things that don't exist without any solutions that mean anything at all.

So fuking weird.

Impossible
I think not.

That's not what I mean. I mean discussing the value or truth of religious ideas. I can teach about the inquisition and the Crusade without even for a second litigating the truth of magical Bible bullshit.

Sounds like you want to impose your religious beliefs on students. That's unethical.

Impossible
I think not.

Sounds like you want to impose your religious beliefs on students. That's unethical.
No it doesn't, and what a silly thing to say.

And a huge number of youth with HS diplomas can't read at the 5th grade level and their math skills are even worse.

Well put.

I thought we were talking about American math education compared to Chinese math education.

What does that have to do with voting?
I thought the topic was "Making Education Great Again," and I'm still waiting to discover when that "great again" period took place.

You slithered off without reading post #47....

Here it is:

So sorry I scared you off by asking you to answer a question.

Not the first time, huh?

The conclusion is that the correct answer....which I will provide....indicts the political perspective to which you subscribe.

Of course it's declined....and the decline coincides with the ascendancy of Liberal control of the schools.

This, from 'Education Week'...

"What this story comes down to is that the United States, having led the world in educational attainment for more than a century, thereby enabling it to produce the world's best-educated workforce, has, since the 1970s, made no gains at all in either attainment or quality, while close to 30 other countries, some of them abjectly poor in the 1970s, have managed to outperform us on both quality and quantity of education, many by a country mile.

Even more damning, we appear to have lowered our standards for our college students to the standards we used to demand of our high school students and, at the same time, to have more or less destroyed what was once a first-class vocational and technical education system.

The very high quality of our best public schools and independent schools, of a handful of colleges with strong liberal arts curricula, of a few leading community colleges, and of graduate education in our leading research universities generally has masked the collapse of standards in the great mass of institutions serving our students at all levels."
Why Have American Education Standards Collapsed?

Under Liberal control, the enemy within, education has become merely a suggestion.

This may illustrate the situation:

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

Everything you communists....er, Liberals....touch, turns to ........mud.

Well put.

Let's see the source:

???????
May I hep you sir

Sure, you may clarify.

This nation was founded by and for religious folks....and it was so until you Fascists came on board.

Now that you are aware of the above.....

....can I count on you leaving?

Last edited:
Sure, you may clarify.

Impossible
I think not.

"I think not."

No truer words were ever spoken.

Impossible
I think not.

And therein lies the problem: people like you, teaching.

Last edited:
The strategy is simply enough: get Liberals out of it.

1. The touchy-feely self-esteem that Liberals have instituted in place of passing and failing has doomed learning in this country. Just look at the scores our children achieve in international competition.

a. “A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest….There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.” http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/education/ed0001.html

2. In fact, feeling good is so central to Liberalism, that it is a higher value than truth. The Left has changed American school textbooks from books attempting to convey history to books attempting to make women and members of select minorities feel good about themselves. Democrat lawmakers pass laws demanding that textbooks be rewritten to include more Democrat Party blocs. California Gay Textbooks: Proposal Would Require LGBT Lessons In Schools | HuffPost

a. “'History should be honest,' Gov. Jerry Brown says in signing the state law, which had sparked hot debate among legislators.... making California the first state to require that school textbooks and history lessons include the contributions of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans.State laws: New state law requires textbooks to include gays' achievements

3. To see what we're up against, I commend an article in the current Brooklyn Daily,
"China syndrome: Whose kids get a better education?"
China syndrome: Whose kids get a better education?

"...Lenora Chu and her family arrived in Shanghai from the United States in 2010,...She spent the next seven years examining not just her young son’s education, but the whole Chinese educational system, comparing it with her own American upbringing and what’s happening in our schools today.

4. In China, education is .... a sorting mechanism — you advance to the next level of schooling based on a test score,” said Chu. The teachers are very strict from the get-go. One day, her preschooler came home from school with shiny red star stuck to his forehead.

“What do you get a red star for?” she asks in the book. “Do you get it if you run fast?”

Her son, Rainey, laughed He got it, of course, for sitting still. Chu was outraged. Her son was just three!

5. “Why do you sit? Do they make you sit at school? Do you have to sit?” Her husband, National Public Radio’s China correspondent Rob Schmitz, said is sounded as if she was asking, “Are your human rights being violated?”
But learning to sit still doesn’t violate any U.N. conventions.

6. And neither did what happened next. Rainey told his mom that four times that day he had found egg in his mouth — the food he detested most. How did it get there, Chu asked? The teacher put it in, because eggs are an important food. Three times he cried and spit it out. The fourth time, he swallowed.

And today he likes eggs."

During the civil rights movement, the by-word was 'keep your eye on the prize'....

We should remember that motto.
You are so fuking weird.

Wanting to end imaginary things that don't exist without any solutions that mean anything at all.

So fuking weird.

You might benefit from this:

Of course, it indicts the political perspective to which you subscribe.

Of course American education has declined....and the decline coincides with the ascendancy of Liberal control of the schools.

This, from 'Education Week'...

"What this story comes down to is that the United States, having led the world in educational attainment for more than a century, thereby enabling it to produce the world's best-educated workforce, has, since the 1970s, made no gains at all in either attainment or quality, while close to 30 other countries, some of them abjectly poor in the 1970s, have managed to outperform us on both quality and quantity of education, many by a country mile.

Even more damning, we appear to have lowered our standards for our college students to the standards we used to demand of our high school students and, at the same time, to have more or less destroyed what was once a first-class vocational and technical education system.

The very high quality of our best public schools and independent schools, of a handful of colleges with strong liberal arts curricula, of a few leading community colleges, and of graduate education in our leading research universities generally has masked the collapse of standards in the great mass of institutions serving our students at all levels."
Why Have American Education Standards Collapsed?

Under Liberal control, the enemy within, education has become merely a suggestion.

This may illustrate the situation:

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

Everything you communists....er, Liberals....touch, turns to ........mud.

It's not weird.......it's criminal.

Well put.

I thought we were talking about American math education compared to Chinese math education....

And what do you think about that topic?

I think we are doing quite well.

Forum List

Back