Maine Gas Distributor Won’t Deliver to Trump Supporters

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
An owner of a propane dealership in Maine is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted for President-elect Donald Trump.

Michael Turner, owner of Turner LP Gas in Skowhegan, Maine, recorded a voice mail greeting that leaves little question as to his feelings for those in his community who supported Trump.

“Thank you for calling Turner LP gas. If you voted for Donald Trump for president I will no longer be delivering your gas — please find someone else,” the message states.

Mr. Turner isn’t the first person to refuse to do business with Trump voters — in late November, Mathew Blanchfield, CEO of an Albuquerque, New Mexico-based marketing firm, issued a statement saying he would no longer work with Trump supporters.

But unlike Mr. Blanchfield who lives in a county that voted solidly for Hillary Clinton, Mr. Turner lives in a county that overwhelmingly supported Trump. Trump won Somerset County, Maine — in which Skowhegan is located — 57.73 percent to Hillary Clinton’s 35 percent.

In Skowhegan specifically, where Clinton performed better than Somerset county at large, Trump still received over 50 percent of the vote and had a ten point lead on Clinton, according to rough figures published on Skowhegan’s town website. Mr. Turner is apparently so distraught over Trump’s win he is willing alienate more than half of his community and possibly sacrifice his livelihood.

Lets see the pathetic hypocrites respond to this.

Personally, I think this moronic person should be allowed to do whatever he wants with his business. If he does not want to deliver to Trump supporters, white Christians, BLACKS, or WOMEN, or NATIVES or who ever, he should be allowed to refuse. Bad for business, in my opinion. Liberals are such geniuses.

Let the free market take care of it.

Lets see what the hypocrites on the left think about this person. Obviously, let us keep in mind how they force businesses owned by Christians that they must provide services to anyone and everyone.

(curiously they never hold muslim owned businesses to the same standard. They brown? Yeah, sooooo nothing is said)

Lets see their reaction to this? At least I am not hypocrite.

Yep.

Ain't gonna fly with our statist friends who believe only THEY can determine who should and who should not be discriminated against. They know what's best for us all, don't cha know...

An owner of a propane dealership in Maine is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted for President-elect Donald Trump.

Michael Turner, owner of Turner LP Gas in Skowhegan, Maine, recorded a voice mail greeting that leaves little question as to his feelings for those in his community who supported Trump.

“Thank you for calling Turner LP gas. If you voted for Donald Trump for president I will no longer be delivering your gas — please find someone else,” the message states.

Mr. Turner isn’t the first person to refuse to do business with Trump voters — in late November, Mathew Blanchfield, CEO of an Albuquerque, New Mexico-based marketing firm, issued a statement saying he would no longer work with Trump supporters.

But unlike Mr. Blanchfield who lives in a county that voted solidly for Hillary Clinton, Mr. Turner lives in a county that overwhelmingly supported Trump. Trump won Somerset County, Maine — in which Skowhegan is located — 57.73 percent to Hillary Clinton’s 35 percent.

In Skowhegan specifically, where Clinton performed better than Somerset county at large, Trump still received over 50 percent of the vote and had a ten point lead on Clinton, according to rough figures published on Skowhegan’s town website. Mr. Turner is apparently so distraught over Trump’s win he is willing alienate more than half of his community and possibly sacrifice his livelihood.

Personally, I think this moronic person should be allowed to do whatever he wants with his business. If he does not want to deliver to Trump supporters, white Christians, BLACKS, or WOMEN, or NATIVES or who ever, he should be allowed to refuse. Bad for business, in my opinion. Liberals are such geniuses.

Lets see what the hypocrites on the left think about this person. Obviously, let us keep in mind how they force businesses owned by Christians that they must provide services to anyone and everyone.

(curiously they never hold muslim owned businesses to the same standard. They brown? Yeah, sooooo nothing is said)

Well, too bad they voted for democrats who made it illegal to discriminate. Even not delivering a wedding cake would cost a small business 200k. Just imagine how much this is going to cost...

Who wants to sue these idiots and make some money?

No coloreds in your business huh?

That's the ticket,,,try and turn it racial to deflect.

Trying to make a point.

I don't honestly know if the guy should or shouldn't be allowed to deny people service. Seems like he shouldn't be able to discriminate but then maybe private companies should be allowed and public agencies can't. I haven't 100% decided. So you think private business should be able to deny service, charge conservatives more, collude, etc? You can't see any problems with this? Then you're just a one sided stubborn con. Can you be honest and have a real conversation about what's wrong with your position?

Clearly you don't care about right and wrong. You want people to be free to be wrong. I get it. But I'm not sure I completely agree.

Trying to make a point.

I don't honestly know if the guy should or shouldn't be allowed to deny people service. Seems like he shouldn't be able to discriminate but then maybe private companies should be allowed and public agencies can't. I haven't 100% decided. So you think private business should be able to deny service, charge conservatives more, collude, etc? You can't see any problems with this? Then you're just a one sided stubborn con. Can you be honest and have a real conversation about what's wrong with your position?

Clearly you don't care about right and wrong. You want people to be free to be wrong. I get it. But I'm not sure I completely agree.

I said his business his decsion who to serve....much like cake bakers.

There is the point

Sounds like a shitty businessman to me; however, it's his business and the free market will decide if his business practices come back to haunt him. Some clever person will likely swoop in and take his shares of the market.

Sounds like a shitty businessman to me; however, it's his business and the free market will decide if his business practices come back to haunt him. Some clever person will likely swoop in and take his shares of the market.

It looks like there is one other propane dealer near there...the owner has to be laughing his ass off

His business is going to run out of gas, stupid marketing decision. That's a lib for ya, emotion runs their lives.

When it hits his bottom line he'll rethink the descion
If he's a good lib he will simply make up for the shortfall by raising his prices. He will discover libs are very free with your money but are cheap with their own.

It looks like there is one other propane dealer near there...the owner has to be laughing his ass off

All the way to the bank I would imagine.

Forum List

Back