Mahomes 🏆

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Screenshot_20221201_061805_Facebook.jpg

Still confident he will blow away every previous stat holder to EASILY become the GOAT

Still confident he will blow away every previous stat holder to EASILY become the GOAT

That's a tall order, even for Mahomes.

He is a good QB, I believe some of his success can be attributed to Andy Reid's offense. But, A. Reid may not have many more seasons in him.

Then we will find out how good Mahomes really is.

Tom Brady regular season records​

• Games started (316)
  • Wins by a starting quarterback (243)
  • Passing yards (84,520)
  • Passing touchdowns (624)
  • Completions (7,263)
  • Touchdowns thrown to different receivers (82)
  • Division titles (18)
  • Pro Bowl appearances (15)
  • Oldest player to win NFL MVP (40 years old)
  • Oldest player to be named First-Team All-Pro (40 years old)
  • Seasons with one team (20, Patriots)
  • Only player to beat all 32 NFL teams

Tom Brady postseason records​

• Games started (47)
  • Wins by a starting quarterback (35)
  • Consecutive playoff wins (10, from 2001-2005)
  • Passing yards (13,049)
  • Passing yards in a game (505)
  • Passing touchdowns (86)
  • Interceptions (38)
  • Completions (1,165)
  • Multi-touchdown passing games (27)
  • Game-winning drives (14)
  • Conference championship appearances (14)
  • Conference championship wins (10)

Tom Brady Super Bowl records​

• Super Bowl appearances (10)
  • Super Bowl wins (7, more than any NFL franchise)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (5)
  • Touchdown passes (21)
  • Passing yards (3,039)
  • Completions (277)
  • Pass attempts (421)
  • Completions in a game (43)
  • Pass attempts in a game (62)
  • Game-winning drives (6)

View attachment 733170

There is no doubt he’s a great QB, but it’s too early to make him the GOAT. He could get injured rather easily, since he often runs the ball. Secondly, football is a team game. If he doesn’t have great players around him, his stats will suffer.

Remember how great RG3 was? That asshole coach Shanahan ruined him. So, a coach can also end a great player’s career.

There is no doubt he’s a great QB, but it’s too early to make him the GOAT. He could get injured rather easily, since he often runs the ball. Secondly, football is a team game. If he doesn’t have great players around him, his stats will suffer.

Remember how great RG3 was? That asshole coach Shanahan ruined him. So, a coach can also end a great player’s career.
Not great, he had hardly no pocket presence at all.....Lived and died by his legs.

The Skins had more busted plays, delay of game penalties, and wasted time-outs during that time than any other because Griffin did not understand the offence.

Not great, he had hardly no pocket presence at all.....Lived and died by his legs.

The Skins had more busted plays, delay of game penalties, and wasted time-outs during that time than any other because Griffin did not understand the offence.
He had enormous talent. I believe he broke all records at the combine and still holds them.

That said, you misunderstand my post. I’m not suggesting RG3 was GOAT. He was very good though, in the short time we saw him in the NFL and while healthy. Had he had good coaching and beefed up a bit, it’s likely he would have been more effective passer and better command of the offense.

Shanahan playing him when he could hardly walk, was a travesty. Plus he needed to be much better coached on running the ball. Much like Mahomes runs the ball. He does all he can to avoid connect, but every year puts up big yardage running for a QB.

Plus I don’t think you give RG3 a fair assessment, by judging him so harshly after such a short time in the NFL.

Plus I don’t think you give RG3 a fair assessment, by judging him so harshly after such a short time in the NFL.
Well I will agree that he should have been set down due to injury but the fact is he faired no better understanding the offence in any team he played for as a back-up.....It's as simple as that.

That's a tall order, even for Mahomes.

He is a good QB, I believe some of his success can be attributed to Andy Reid's offense. But, A. Reid may not have many more seasons in him.

Then we will find out how good Mahomes really is.

Tom Brady regular season records​

• Games started (316)
  • Wins by a starting quarterback (243)
  • Passing yards (84,520)
  • Passing touchdowns (624)
  • Completions (7,263)
  • Touchdowns thrown to different receivers (82)
  • Division titles (18)
  • Pro Bowl appearances (15)
  • Oldest player to win NFL MVP (40 years old)
  • Oldest player to be named First-Team All-Pro (40 years old)
  • Seasons with one team (20, Patriots)
  • Only player to beat all 32 NFL teams

Tom Brady postseason records​

• Games started (47)
  • Wins by a starting quarterback (35)
  • Consecutive playoff wins (10, from 2001-2005)
  • Passing yards (13,049)
  • Passing touchdowns (86)
  • Interceptions (38)
  • Completions (1,165)
  • Multi-touchdown passing games (27)
  • Game-winning drives (14)
  • Conference championship appearances (14)
  • Conference championship wins (10)

Tom Brady Super Bowl records​

• Super Bowl appearances (10)
  • Super Bowl wins (7, more than any NFL franchise)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (5)
  • Touchdown passes (21)
  • Passing yards (3,039)
  • Completions (277)
  • Pass attempts (421)
  • Completions in a game (43)
  • Pass attempts in a game (62)
  • Game-winning drives (6)
Yep. It takes more than talent. It takes a lot of luck - right place, right time, all that. Mahomes has boatloads of talent, and a great attitude, but there's no telling whether his luck will hold out.

yeah, I was one of those that said Mahomes would suffer from losing Hill; and to my surprise Mahomes hasn’t missed a beat
Interestingly, neither has Hill. I saw an article talking about all the public statements both sides were making after the trade. The Chiefs saying they'd be better off spreading the ball (and the money) around to different receivers and beefing up their supporting cast. Hill saying that Tua was as good, if not better in some ways, than Mahomes. It sounded like both sides were just "coping", trying to put the best spin on an unfortunate breakup. But it would appear both sides were right.

He reminds me of Dan Quisenberry with the royals. The way he can sidearm or under arm pass with ease and accuracy is crazy
Yeah, he can through the ball using so many different angles. He even throws no look passes. Dude’s talent is crazy. And I’m not even mentioning his arm strength

He reminds me of Dan Quisenberry with the royals. The way he can sidearm or under arm pass with ease and accuracy is crazy
Oh, absolutely. Like many great athletes, much of Mahomes' magic comes from the intersection of multiple sports. I've always said he throws like he's playing baseball. Sometimes even basketball. :)

Interestingly, neither has Hill. I saw an article talking about all the public statements both sides were making after the trade. The Chiefs saying they'd be better off spreading the ball (and the money) around to different receivers and beefing up their supporting cast. Hill saying that Tua was as good, if not better in some ways, than Mahomes. It sounded like both sides were just "coping", trying to put the best spin on an unfortunate breakup. But it would appear both sides were right.
Oddly enough I think you’re right, I thought Hill sounded like a jilted lover when he said Tua is more accurate than Mahomes, and I still think that’s a ridiculous statement; but just like Mahomes hasn’t skipped a beat without Hill, Hill hasn’t skipped a beat without mahomes.

Oddly enough I think you’re right, I thought Hill sounded like a jilted lover when he said Tua is more accurate than Mahomes, and I still think that’s a ridiculous statement; but just like Mahomes hasn’t skipped a beat without Hill, Hill hasn’t skipped a beat without mahomes.
It would be pretty awesome to see them face off in the SB.

Forum List

Back