Maestro

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I always liked the work of Leonard Bernstein and heard a lot of buzz about Bradley Coopers acting and directing.

In a word……Boring

Not much of a plot, not much time spent on the genius of Leonard Bernstein or his work. Much of the dialogue was just Bradley Cooper mumbling and hard to understand.
Not much of a reason to care about Bernstein

What I learned about Leonard Bernstein was he struggled with homosexuality and smoked too damned much

Last edited:
Started (at my wife’s request) to watch it last night.

I thought it was pretentious. It was very much on the boring side. Bradley Cooper is a good actor, but he did mumble lots of lines. I think we gave up on it about half way through.

I don’t plan on bothering to finish it.

It will probably win some self-important academy awards all the same.

Not sure how you managed to sit through that, but I applaud your resolve.

Another one of those Academy Award pushed movies that are just plain boring.

What can be boring about Leonard Bernstein?
He had an amazing career and life work.

Maestro is two hours of watching him smoke

Looked pretty dull to me, but the wife insisted so I think I slept through at least 85% of it and yeah, it sure was dull. That's okay. Sometimes one needs a good nap more than a good movie.

I always liked the work of Leonard Bernstein and heard a lot of buzz about Bradley Coopers acting and directing.

In a word……Boring

Not much of a plot, not much time spent on the genius of Leonard Bernstein or his work. Much of the dialogue was just Bradley Cooper mumbling and hard to understand.
Not much of a reason to care about Bernstein

What I learned about Leonard Bernstein was he struggled with homosexuality and smoked too damned much
We passed on it after reading the user critical reviews on IMdb that pretty much said the exact same thing you said here. Probably another case of Netflix being Netflix in creating films on interesting topics, get a well known actor/ress to star and then just throw it together.

We passed on it after reading the user critical reviews on IMdb that pretty much said the exact same thing you said here. Probably another case of Netflix being Netflix in creating films on interesting topics, get a well known actor/ress to star and then just throw it together.
Seemed like Oscar bait with Cooper doing his best Bernstein impersonation, lot of artsy camera work and B&W framing in the beginning.
Just not much of a story and I kept checking to find out how much longer till it ends

Seemed like Oscar bait with Cooper doing his best Bernstein impersonation, lot of artsy camera work and B&W framing in the beginning.
Just not much of a story and I kept checking to find out how much longer till it ends
Ooh - that;s the death sign of watching a movie... when you check to see how much longer it is.

Forum List

Back