Mac Jones didnt have a very good pro day

Jones is the stereotype NFL QB drop back in the pocket passer. He isn't the athlete that an Elway, Steve Young was, or the crop of recent QBs with legs....be that a Joe Burrow or going back to a real fast guy like Michael Vick or Jackson with the Ravens. All types can be successful in the NFL.

Jones is predicted to be a late first round pick by several "experts".

That puts 4 Alabama players predicted to be selected in the first round.

More winning for one of the best college teams I have seen. And it will only get better. Recruiting experts are calling the 2021 incoming class the best class Nick Saban has ever had. Keep chanting "We Want Bama!".

I remembered this thread from back in the spring. I thought I'd update it a bit, since the season is well underway.

Mac Jones has some pretty good stats, especially when compared to the other rookie QBs.

In the categories of Completions, Completion Percentage, Passing Yards, and TDs, he is 1st among rookie QBs. For Completion Percentage he is 4th in the league.

Not bad for a QB that some said wouldn't make it.

Mac Jones is just breaking records.

from: Mac Jones makes New England Patriots history, outplays Trevor Lawrence in blowout win
"Jones led the Patriots to a 50-10 win over the Jaguars on Sunday. In the game, Jones put on a clinic throwing the ball. Jones went 22-of-30 for 227 yards and three passing touchdowns. Jones distributed the ball to eight different receivers, including Jakobi Meyers and Kendrick Bourne, who both went for over 70 receiving yards in the game. It was the second time in three games that Jones threw for over 250 yards and he set the Patriots record for most rookie touchdown passes in a season."

Not only is Jones accurate as hell, he has the best touch. He throws so the receiver can catch it and keep going.

Hands down the best QB from the 2021 draft. Product of his environment? lol Yeah right.

This didn't age well, did it?
If you are the first pick and you go to a lousy team, even the best have growing pains.
But Jacksonville's owner is a PC woke who knows nothing about football. He buys the bright shiny objects and knows nothing about what it takes to build an NFL franchise.
He'd be better off owning a soccer club.

Mac Jones is just breaking records.

from: Mac Jones makes New England Patriots history, outplays Trevor Lawrence in blowout win
"Jones led the Patriots to a 50-10 win over the Jaguars on Sunday. In the game, Jones put on a clinic throwing the ball. Jones went 22-of-30 for 227 yards and three passing touchdowns. Jones distributed the ball to eight different receivers, including Jakobi Meyers and Kendrick Bourne, who both went for over 70 receiving yards in the game. It was the second time in three games that Jones threw for over 250 yards and he set the Patriots record for most rookie touchdown passes in a season."

Not only is Jones accurate as hell, he has the best touch. He throws so the receiver can catch it and keep going.

Hands down the best QB from the 2021 draft. Product of his environment? lol Yeah right.
Yeah..let's not get all excited about a "clinic" passing game against a JV football team's defense.
The Colts and the Bills are both good football teams and he threw 4 interceptions and quite
frankly...looked like a rookie quarterback. Throw a good to decent defense on him and he's average.

That being said, I think the kid has a lot of potential. He generally makes good decisions and is
accurate. That bodes well for the future. They may not make it past the first round of the playoffs,
but they have something to build on.

Forum List

Back