Mac Jones didnt have a very good pro day

I was watching Zach Wilson's pro day the other day....after 10 mins he never threw a pass over 5 yds. I got bored watching that mess. Every pass was from a stationary position as if there was no rush....and he threw them pretty much on a line which meant his pass could easily be blocked by defenders. Anyone can complete a pass with no rush and nobody covering your receiver. A H.S. quarterback can do that.

He threw over 60 passes, the vast majority of which ended up in the hands and arms of his wide receivers.

There were some special displays of his talent as well, flicking dimes deep down the field while scampering outside of the pocket.

He threw over 60 passes, the vast majority of which ended up in the hands and arms of his wide receivers.

There were some special displays of his talent as well, flicking dimes deep down the field while scampering outside of the pocket.
As I said....I watched his video for a good while.....and he did nothing difficult. Every pass was from a stationary position to a wide-open receiver. Simulating a rush would have made it a bit more interesting. I remember seeing Josh Allen during the combine throwing the ball 80 yds down the field with a flick of his wrist. It was obvious he had more arm than everyone else on the field. Now watch....he overthrows the WR.....and this happens when you're trying to show arm-strength.

Last edited:
Here's Zach Wilson.....

Safe throws forever.

Nothing challenging. Everything on line as if there wouldn't be any kind of a rush in his face.

Maybe he was just warming up his arm.

I remember watching Steve Young BYU QB play in college in person when I was going to school at San Diego State. He was the best athlete on the field. When he threw the ball it sounded like a cannon shot when it hit the WR in the numbers. When he ran he made everyone else seem like they were in slow-motion. I think he was faster than every WR on the field. His only problem was his height....but he was strong and mobile. He could outrun the rush or throw on the run. He could run a 4.35 in pads. The only other guy I saw in person with that kind of speed was Oakland Raiders WR Cliff Branch.

I remember watching Steve Young BYU QB play in college in person when I was going to school at San Diego State. He was the best athlete on the field. When he threw the ball it sounded like a cannon shot. When he ran he made everyone else seem like they were in slow-motion. I think he was faster than every WR on the field. His only problem was his height....but he was strong and mobile. He could outrun the rush or throw on the run. He could run a 4.35 in pads. The only other guy I saw in person with that kind of speed was Oakland Raiders WR Cliff Branch.
I had a steve young jersey when i was in middle school

I remember watching Steve Young BYU QB play in college in person when I was going to school at San Diego State. He was the best athlete on the field. When he threw the ball it sounded like a cannon shot. When he ran he made everyone else seem like they were in slow-motion. I think he was faster than every WR on the field. His only problem was his height....but he was strong and mobile. He could outrun the rush or throw on the run. He could run a 4.35 in pads. The only other guy I saw in person with that kind of speed was Oakland Raiders WR Cliff Branch.
I had a steve young jersey when i was in middle school
San Diego State had a good QB.....but he wasn't nearly the player Steve Young was.

I remember about 20 years ago, the scouts gave largely the same write up to this guy out of Michigan. He ended up going in the 6th round.
Wonder what happened to that guy?? :auiqs.jpg:Probably retired early in shame....pfffft.....LOL.

I remember about 20 years ago, the scouts gave largely the same write up to this guy out of Michigan. He ended up going in the 6th round.
Wonder what happened to that guy?? :auiqs.jpg:Probably retired early in shame....pfffft.....LOL.
Bradys college stats werent very impressive. Macs are but he is a product of environment. The Alabama offense was absolutely amazing this past season.
Still, you make a good point!

Bradys college stats werent very impressive. Macs are but he is a product of environment. The Alabama offense was absolutely amazing this past season.
Still, you make a good point!

I don't mean to be flip about it but I approach these "pro days" with healthy skepticism. They're basically a jerk off day for stats geeks, sabremetrics disciples, and team officials and staff looking to see how they can stack the draft in order to pay players the minimum they can out of the gate. Anybody remember Ryan Leaf????

As a Niners fan, I sure hope this helps convince them that Fields is their guy.
I think they will get Wilson. Unless the Jets get him.
Wilson is a project......Fields is also a project....injury-prone.....but he's been playing with tougher competition.
He's like Dak Prescott.
The only sure thing is Trevor Lawrence.

Forum List

Back