Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5a06e6041f00003b004a54b6.jpeg

Trump Sides With Putin Over U.S. Intelligence On Election Meddling

He also took shots at the former heads of national intelligence, the CIA and the FBI.

Contradicting U.S. intelligence agencies, President Donald Trump on Saturday said he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin’s claim that the Kremlin did not attempt to interfere in the 2016 election.

Trump spoke with the Russian leader this week in Vietnam during a joint summit with other Asia-Pacific countries. When a reporter asked if the subject of Russian election interference came up, Trump replied, “He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did. ... Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’”

Trump also took multiple shots at his 2016 rival Hillary Clinton and lamented that Putin is “very insulted” by the accusations of election meddling.

The president’s comments fly in the face of a report from U.S. intelligence agencies earlier this year that concluded that Putin had ordered hacking against the Democratic National Committee to help Trump get elected. The hacking is a subject of multiple federal investigations into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia at all, which the president has strongly denied.

Trump told reporters on Saturday that he was skeptical of the intelligence findings and spoke dismissively of several former top Obama officials with long careers in public service.

“You hear it’s 17 agencies [who agreed on the hacking]. Well, it’s three,” he said. “And one is [then-CIA Director John] Brennan. And one is, whatever. I mean, give me a break. They’re political hacks. So you look at it, and then you have Brennan, you have [then-Director of National Intelligence James] Clapper and you have [then-FBI Director James] Comey. Comey’s proven now to be a liar and he’s proven to be a leaker. So you look at that.”

In a statement to CNN on Saturday, CIA Director Mike Pompeo — a Trump appointee ―stood by the agency’s findings.

“The Director stands by and has always stood by the January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment entitled: Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent U.S. Elections,” the agency said. “The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed.”

It’s also worth noting that the number of intelligence agencies involved is four, not three: the CIA, the National Security Agency, the FBI and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. As The New York Times pointed out in July, it’s not problematic that the remaining agencies didn’t report similar findings because “not all 17 were involved in the assessment of Russian interference.”

More: Trump Sides With Putin Over U.S. Intelligence On Election Meddling

Trump's own CIA Director Mike Pompeo stands by the intelligence assessment that Russia did in fact meddle in the 2016 election.

He also took shots at the former heads of national intelligence, the CIA and the FBI.

Contradicting U.S. intelligence agencies, President Donald Trump on Saturday said he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin’s claim that the Kremlin did not attempt to interfere in the 2016 election.

Trump spoke with the Russian leader this week in Vietnam during a joint summit with other Asia-Pacific countries. When a reporter asked if the subject of Russian election interference came up, Trump replied, “He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did. ... Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’”

Trump also took multiple shots at his 2016 rival Hillary Clinton and lamented that Putin is “very insulted” by the accusations of election meddling.

The president’s comments fly in the face of a report from U.S. intelligence agencies earlier this year that concluded that Putin had ordered hacking against the Democratic National Committee to help Trump get elected. The hacking is a subject of multiple federal investigations into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia at all, which the president has strongly denied.

Trump told reporters on Saturday that he was skeptical of the intelligence findings and spoke dismissively of several former top Obama officials with long careers in public service.

“You hear it’s 17 agencies [who agreed on the hacking]. Well, it’s three,” he said. “And one is [then-CIA Director John] Brennan. And one is, whatever. I mean, give me a break. They’re political hacks. So you look at it, and then you have Brennan, you have [then-Director of National Intelligence James] Clapper and you have [then-FBI Director James] Comey. Comey’s proven now to be a liar and he’s proven to be a leaker. So you look at that.”

In a statement to CNN on Saturday, CIA Director Mike Pompeo — a Trump appointee ―stood by the agency’s findings.

“The Director stands by and has always stood by the January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment entitled: Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent U.S. Elections,” the agency said. “The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed.”

It’s also worth noting that the number of intelligence agencies involved is four, not three: the CIA, the National Security Agency, the FBI and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. As The New York Times pointed out in July, it’s not problematic that the remaining agencies didn’t report similar findings because “not all 17 were involved in the assessment of Russian interference.”

Trump's own CIA Director Mike Pompeo stands by the intelligence assessment that Russia did in fact meddle in the 2016 election.

Drumpf looks like he is dying. They shouldnt do close ups of him. He looks disgusting. I guess thats what a life full of lies will do for you.

Thre must be something about Putin’s eyes, didn’t Bush say he trusted Putin after looking into his eyes or something like that?

Vlad is a charming man. A short stout charming man.

Thre must be something about Putin’s eyes, didn’t Bush say he trusted Putin after looking into his eyes or something like that?

Vlad is a charming man. A short stout charming man.
Putin looks like a baby baboon that was born with the side effects of his mom being experimented on in nuclear facility.

Pootie_Poo_Looks_Like.jpg

Just to add a bit more of a twist, CNN is reporting this:

But when asked if Trump and the Russian leader had discussed election meddling, Putin's press secretary Dmitri Peskov simply said, "No," CNN reported.

I'd believe Putin over the proven lying, leftist hack, fake news trash site, the huff'n puff any day.

Putin probably loves America more than the radical democraps here do.

Of course, we all know that Trump CANNOT acknowledge that Russia meddled in the election because THAT would imply that he did not win "bigly" all on his own.

upload_2017-11-11_19-36-59.png

I'm not so sure about Putin's lies or Trumps...both probably lie as "necessary".

But that's the thing, you Leftbangers lie ALL the time.
It's like you can't exist unless lying through your teeth constantly.
This thread is just another parade of your lies (and stupidity).
You, the Left media.....you assclowns lie so much your reality is twisted beyond recognition.

EVERYONE knows it. Even your own people know it.
All credibility lost. So you lie about Truimp and Putin lying just desperately trying to save your own soiled faces.

Pathetic.

btw....we're all enjoying watching Hollywood's foundation crumble under the weight of your lies upon lies. Hollywood is a MAJOR support column for the Left's dirty diapers. It's crumbling...
popcorn_yes-gif.156401

Last edited:
‘"President Trump today stated that he believed Vladimir Putin is being sincere when he denies Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and reiterated that he hopes to cooperate with Russia in Syria," McCain, a strong critic of the President, said in a statement. "There's nothing 'America First' about taking the word of a KGB colonel over that of the American intelligence community. There's no 'principled realism' in cooperating with Russia to prop up the murderous Assad regime, which remains the greatest obstacle to a political solution that would bring an end to the bloodshed in Syria. Vladimir Putin does not have America's interests at heart. To believe otherwise is not only naive but also places our national security at risk."’

McCain slams Trump over siding with Putin on Russia meddling - CNNPolitics

True.

Forum List

Back