Lunch Nazis to be fired

If you really gave a shit about what your children are eating, then you'd not buy a school lunch for them. You would act like a mature adult and pack them a lunch with ingredients you know are good for them, tastes better than the school gruel and on the plus side, know what your kids were eating.

Do away with all federal funding for school lunch programs. The funds, if they are to be had, should come from the school district, paid for by the community.

Hungry kids? Clearly you don't have any, mine were crying almost non-stop since Obama's lunch thing went into effect. They were trying to buy two lunches just to get through the day it was so unfulfilling/unsatisfying. And no, none of my boys are overweight.
About same here.....

Schools accept federal funds. Once they accept federal funds, the feds own them and can and do demand they tow 147 different lines. That includes following federal guidelines for foods served at schools

If you really gave a shit about what your children are eating, then you'd not buy a school lunch for them. You would act like a mature adult and pack them a lunch with ingredients you know are good for them, tastes better than the school gruel and on the plus side, know what your kids were eating.

Do away with all federal funding for school lunch programs. The funds, if they are to be had, should come from the school district, paid for by the community.
Great idea, except most hungry kids who are getting two meals a day at school free come from poor communities that can't afford to pay more than they already do. Packing healthy lunches is expensive and wouldn't be possible on a family's SNAP budget. I'm just telling ya, this would only make poor kids hungrier.

Easier said than done for some people. But then, RWNJs don't care about children:rolleyes:. They only care about fetuses.

Great idea, except most hungry kids who are getting two meals a day at school free come from poor communities that can't afford to pay more than they already do. Packing healthy lunches is expensive and wouldn't be possible on a family's SNAP budget. I'm just telling ya, this would only make poor kids hungrier.

Betsy DeVos knows that. So does trump.

According to the right its, Let them eat cake. Better yet, starve.

Packing healthy lunches is NOT expensive. You continually fail to address the issue. If a parent is concerned about what their children eat, they will attend to the child's meals at school.

What you are doing is playing outraged advocate for lazing parenting. If the schools can only afford to buy frozen food that has dubious nutritional quality or value, and as a parent, you cannot be bothered to care about your child's nutritional needs, then why am I being asked to stand in for their poor choices through the questionable practice of federal aid to a community school?

Please spare Me and the rest of the forum any response that deals with emotional blackmail.

No, I don't think they're doing this intentionally. They have no clue how most Americans live, and especially not people living on the margins of survival. Neither do a lot of the posters here, apparently, who think it's a dandy idea.
I've told this story before, so excuse me if you've heard it, but my mom's first teaching job was in a one room schoolhouse in a very small rural community during WWII. One family sent their kids to school with no lunch, or on a lucky day, half a raw potato. Mom would pack extra sandwiches and say "Oh, look, they packed me way too much again. Can anyone help me finish all this?" She was the federal school lunch program. Not every teacher would do that, I'm guessing, across the country in this day and age. So kids who come to school with empty stomachs would stay that way all day.

Packing healthy lunches is NOT expensive. You continually fail to address the issue. If a parent is concerned about what their children eat, they will attend to the child's meals at school.

What you are doing is playing outraged advocate for lazing parenting. If the schools can only afford to buy frozen food that has dubious nutritional quality or value, and as a parent, you cannot be bothered to care about your child's nutritional needs, then why am I being asked to stand in for their poor choices through the questionable practice of federal aid to a community school?

Please spare Me and the rest of the forum any response that deals with emotional blackmail.
Trying to help you understand the reality of the situation is not emotional blackmail.

No, I don't think they're doing this intentionally. They have no clue how most Americans live, and especially not people living on the margins of survival. Neither do a lot of the posters here, apparently, who think it's a dandy idea.
I've told this story before, so excuse me if you've heard it, but my mom's first teaching job was in a one room schoolhouse in a very small rural community during WWII. One family sent their kids to school with no lunch, or on a lucky day, half a raw potato. Mom would pack extra sandwiches and say "Oh, look, they packed me way too much again. Can anyone help me finish all this?" She was the federal school lunch program. Not every teacher would do that, I'm guessing, across the country in this day and age. So kids who come to school with empty stomachs would stay that way all day.
Yes, we know. It is a tale of woe.

People who lack all sense of responsibility are having children they cannot care for. It seems that we cannot punish them for their reckless behavior, so you have to punish those of us who are not as reckless to pay for their children's hunger.

As I said. Emotional blackmail.

Trying to help you understand the reality of the situation is not emotional blackmail.
I understand it just fine.

The schools can make priorities and choices based upon those priorities and live within their means. The people of Pennsylvania have all they can do to care for their own children without having to also pay for the children in other states.

Look after your own and don't expect Me to do it for you.

The schools are already feeding our kids such a bunch of junk, what difference does it make? Processed reheated frozen foods packed and trucked across town. Yum!

Yeah, when I think about the shit they fed us when I was a kid I cringe.
You look pretty young, so maybe they did. Ours wasn't great, by any means, but it was made from USDA surplus and was usually half way healthy.

People who lack all sense of responsibility are having children they cannot care for. It seems that we cannot punish them for their reckless behavior, so you have to punish those of us who are not as reckless to pay for their children's hunger.

Well, at least you realize what I am describing is a painful scenario. It seems clear the alternative is to let the kids starve. We can do that--they are doing it in Somalia, why can't we?
I know we've got some welfare bums and a lot of drug addicts (at least here we do) on SNAP that are doing their damndest to use their welfare funds on other things, but should kids, helpless to choose who their parents are, be the ones to grow up malnourished, with stunted learning capacity? It's not an easy thing to fix, but simply cutting off the funds and letting people starve is too much. This is America, not Venezuela or Somalia.

Well, at least you realize what I am describing is a painful scenario. It seems clear the alternative is to let the kids starve. We can do that--they are doing it in Somalia, why can't we?
I know we've got some welfare bums and a lot of drug addicts (at least here we do) on SNAP that are doing their damndest to use their welfare funds on other things, but should kids, helpless to choose who their parents are, be the ones to grow up malnourished, with stunted learning capacity? It's not an easy thing to fix, but simply cutting off the funds and letting people starve is too much. This is America, not Venezuela or Somalia.
Really? The ONLY alternative you can think of is to let them starve?

Let Me know if you ever wish to have a real conversation about what we should do with children that society has to raise because the parents are worthless human beings.

The schools can make priorities and choices based upon those priorities and live within their means. The people of Pennsylvania have all they can do to care for their own children without having to also pay for the children in other states.

I see. Well, if along with cutting the school lunch program they cut my taxes, fine. Because someone's got to make up the slack somewhere, and it will be in state and local taxes.

Really? The ONLY alternative you can think of is to let them starve?

Let Me know if you ever wish to have a real conversation about what we should do with children that society has to raise because the parents are worthless human beings.
I'm perfectly willing to have that conversation.

I see. Well, if along with cutting the school lunch program they cut my taxes, fine. Because someone's got to make up the slack somewhere, and it will be in state and local taxes.
There should be no aid from the Federal level at all. If your taxes are too little, or your school does not perform to your standards, contact your local school board.

As it should be.

Forum List

Back