Love your enemies and turn the other cheek?

Do you not love yourself?

Hmmm.... I like myself. I guess I just consider myself to have a very good life, and, I'm not a victim. Other people trying to hurt me doesn't make me a victim. Only I allow myself to be a victim. I have a choice to fight or flee, and, sometimes it's better for myself and my mental well being to flee. That is not true for everyone, and I get that
I can get that... And its a great philosophy on victimhood. And prcisely why, when one would see you as prey, you prove yourself the hunter instead. Make an example of those who would wromg you. It makes such things less likely to happen in the future.

I guess I'm more concerned with my own peace of mind than changing others or teaching them a lesson. The sooner "negative" is out of my life the better. Working on revenge only keeps the negative there longer. Especially if they then choose to wrong you again and the pattern repeats...

In this case, what do you mean by peace of mind? You said you would fight back if they wrong your child. For example they take over his farm then chase you all away. Then you can't let go or move on unless you have a second farm. But by looking for that peace you show them to take your second farm away too. So then what keeps the negative longer, the fighting back or the peace of mind?
If you are not paying your mortgage, they have a right to....or is there another scenario?

NRemoveo I mean fighting for your right to exercise your faith

no one has the right to exercise a faith, no one sane anyway. find the truth or stfu.

Everyone is seeking truths of all kind. That's why we have discussion (and I'm not just talking about religious truths...) Pretty harsh and short sighted view....
No I mean fighting for your right to exercise your faith eg even in cases where it may cost you your life.

Everyone is seeking truths of all kind. That's why we have discussion (and I'm not just talking about religious truths...) Pretty harsh and short sighted view....

Pretty harsh and short sighted view ....

your faith is derived from a 4th century book replete with violence against humanity from that time to the present. were you seeking truth you would be rewriting that awful book than mimicking it that is why your right (fighting) to exercise your faith is an invalid and pseudo belief.
Like most things in life, it's never that simple or black and white

changing the conditions for the same egregious errors recorded throughout history by the same christian / desert religions would be indeed simple, black and white that is why the resistance is so overwhelming by their adherents. blind obedience is the lowest denominator.

That "Love your enemies..." is from Matthew 5:44:

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Looking at Christian history for the last 1700 years or so Christians have decided that Matthew 5:44 actually reads:

But I say unto you, Exterminate your enemies, kill them that curse you, do evil to them that hate you, and slay those which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

For Christians it's a good thing they followed the latter interpretation. It meant they thrived and prospered, all for His greater glory.

NRemoveo I mean fighting for your right to exercise your faith

no one has the right to exercise a faith, no one sane anyway. find the truth or stfu.

No I mean fighting for your right to exercise your faith eg even in cases where it may cost you your life.

Pretty harsh and short sighted view ....

your faith is derived from a 4th century book replete with violence against humanity from that time to the present. were you seeking truth you would be rewriting that awful book than mimicking it that is why your right (fighting) to exercise your faith is an invalid and pseudo belief.

changing the conditions for the same egregious errors recorded throughout history by the same christian / desert religions would be indeed simple, black and white that is why the resistance is so overwhelming by their adherents. blind obedience is the lowest denominator.

I simply don't believe intelligent and/or wise people are blindly obedient.
Even not so intelligent people might be obedient, but, if it goes against their nature, they will eventually rebel.

Some people actually have lived "both lives" and prefer Christian living. They believe in God, and not because they are ignorant or brainwashed. Like anything else in life, it's a choice.

Even not so intelligent people might be obedient, but, if it goes against their nature, they will eventually rebel.

Some people actually have lived "both lives" and prefer Christian living. They believe in God, and not because they are ignorant or brainwashed. Like anything else in life, it's a choice.

Like anything else in life, it's a choice ...

since when does believing in the Almighty include a (recorded) history of persecution and oppression, believe as you may but do not include with that a connection to the 1st century events and your 4th century religion and book. -

that's your choice whether you like it or not.

Like anything else in life, it's a choice ...

since when does believing in the Almighty include a (recorded) history of persecution and oppression, believe as you may but do not include with that a connection to the 1st century events and your 4th century religion and book. -

that's your choice whether you like it or not.
Not sure what you are saying here...
Do you take issue with oppression and persecution?

Not sure what you are saying here...
Do you take issue with oppression and persecution?

th

perhaps there is something you are lacking as indicated and generally in those that chose that path well worn by your 4th century book a path the gal above also chose not to follow. where the 1st century is coveted by the 4th, the crucifixion being laid to rest.

Forum List

Back