Louisville in "dire straits" over police shortage

The union is simply whining because their officers no longer have free reign to do whatever they want.
You should have given the cops free reign then. Look at you idiots now.

Should have? They did have it which is what is being addressed.
You should have let them keep it. Now your communities are in shambles.
Yeah we should just let cops kill with impunity and without consequences. Damn that’s dumb.
More people are dying now than before. You should let the cops do their job and crack some fucking scumbag skulls.
You’re idiot.
Did you forget to proof read your post? :laugh:

Lol.

Louisville police department staffing 'in dire straits' amid high crime rates, recruitment woes: union

Sounds like things are going as planned.

We'll have a federalized/centralized police force quicker than they thought, at the rate they're going.

Real funny...

The union is simply whining because their officers no longer have free reign to do whatever they want.
You should have given the cops free reign then. Look at you idiots now.

Should have? They did have it which is what is being addressed.
You should have let them keep it. Now your communities are in shambles.
Yeah we should just let cops kill with impunity and without consequences. Damn that’s dumb.
More people are dying now than before. You should let the cops do their job and crack some fucking scumbag skulls.
You’re idiot.
Did you forget to proof read your post? :laugh:
I did. Thank you.

Fixed.

Interesting that the article said they either retired, or just left policing completely. If they were just dissatisfied with that one town, you would expect many or most to continue being a policeman in another town. I guess that if they were no longer free to kill people at will, that just took all the fun out of the job.

And you really can't see that YOU are part of society's problem today? Did you have any sense of self-awareness surgically removed when you signed your oath of loyalty to the democrat party?
Check back when you get back from your trip to crazy town. For now, you seem to be enjoying your trip.

Interesting that the article said they either retired, or just left policing completely. If they were just dissatisfied with that one town, you would expect many or most to continue being a policeman in another town. I guess that if they were no longer free to kill people at will, that just took all the fun out of the job.

And you really can't see that YOU are part of society's problem today? Did you have any sense of self-awareness surgically removed when you signed your oath of loyalty to the democrat party?
Check back when you get back from your trip to crazy town. For now, you seem to be enjoying your trip.
Even you must realize that is not a legitimate response.

It's crazy ridiculous, people bitching about bad cops but no word said about the democrats whose responsibility it was to weed out the bad apples. But nooo, the democrats everywhere were/are beholden to the police unions, who fight like hell to keep their members working and paying dues.

So yeah, let's have fewer cops on the street and put unarmed social workers out there instead. Yeah, that'll work, how'd you like to be one of those guys trying to reason with a drugged up guy that is twice your size and doesn't want to cooperate. He pulls out a knife and filets your ass in less time than it takes to talk about it.

One of my grandsons was seriously thinking about becoming a cop. I told him that once it was a respected and worthwhile job that was difficult but often rewarding. Then I pointed out that today about half our society hates cops and will make their lives hell by rioting and throwing bricks at them or even murdering them with a firearm when they are just sitting in a car.

He’d wisely decided to join the Navy.

Back in the mid 1960s I also thought about becoming a cop but unfortunately at that time I was too short to meet the requirements. (That was before it was common to see women doing police work.) Today if I was young you couldn’t pay me enough money to be a cop. You may find yourself in a really bad situation when the shit hits the fan and do everything right and by the book but still end up in prison because a jury doesn’t want to see their city burnt to the ground.

The scorn is well deserved.

Former LMPD officer avoids prison after pleading guilty to sexual misconduct

A third Louisville police officer has pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of a minor in Explorer program

Former LMPD detective Mark Handy agrees to plea, includes prison time

LMPD officer who obtained Breonna Taylor search warrant to be fired - ABC 36 News

There is obviously something rotten in Louisville.

There are 18,000 police departments in the United States, slightly over 906,000 full time law enforcement employees and 94,000 part time employees as of 2019.
Police account for 6% of all full-time employees for state and local governments.

When you deal with large numbers of police departments and employees you will find some departments and some officers who are far from perfect.

You also have to take in account that police work is not all that attractive to many people who would do an excellent job. Police departments are having an increasingly hard time finding well qualified candidates.

I remember over ten years ago I was at a police pistol range that was open to the public and several retired officers were talking about the officers that replaced them. They were not all that impressed with the new officers and called them a pack of gorillas. I pointed out that times had changed and now few good people want to have a career as a police officer. They all agreed with me.

I also remember one officer who was approaching retirement talking about how concerned he was that he might get shot before his big day. He said he was practicing weapons retention with his son because he was worried that someone might try to grab his pistol.

That was over ten years ago. Things have not improved since. Far from it.

One of my grandsons was seriously thinking about becoming a cop. I told him that once it was a respected and worthwhile job that was difficult but often rewarding. Then I pointed out that today about half our society hates cops and will make their lives hell by rioting and throwing bricks at them or even murdering them with a firearm when they are just sitting in a car.

Back in the mid 1960s I also thought about becoming a cop but unfortunately at that time I was too short to meet the requirements. (That was before it was common to see women doing police work.) Today if I was young you couldn’t pay me enough money to be a cop. You may find yourself in a really bad situation when the shit hits the fan and do everything right and by the book but still end up in prison because a jury doesn’t want to see their city burnt to the ground.

A third Louisville police officer has pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of a minor in Explorer program

LMPD officer who obtained Breonna Taylor search warrant to be fired - ABC 36 News

There are 18,000 police departments in the United States, slightly over 906,000 full time law enforcement employees and 94,000 part time employees as of 2019.
Police account for 6% of all full-time employees for state and local governments.

When you deal with large numbers of police departments and employees you will find some departments and some officers who are far from perfect.

You also have to take in account that police work is not all that attractive to many people who would do an excellent job. Police departments are having an increasingly hard time finding well qualified candidates.

I remember over ten years ago I was at a police pistol range that was open to the public and several retired officers were talking about the officers that replaced them. They were not all that impressed with the new officers and called them a pack of gorillas. I pointed out that times had changed and now few good people want to have a career as a police officer. They all agreed with me.

I also remember one officer who was approaching retirement talking about how concerned he was that he might get shot before his big day. He said he was practicing weapons retention with his son because he was worried that someone might try to grab his pistol.

The crap we are seeing today has happened for years, it just wasn't recorded.

Garland is going to drive more of them off the force; he's now targeting cops nationwide in his intimidation campaign.
Gods forbid they be investigated for wrong doing. Sounds like a lot of them feel entitled to do whatever they want and not be held accountable.
Yes because after decades of getting away with murdering people, naturally they feel entitled and unaccountable.
You and your fellow deranged loons are scoring big here ... lol

This vicious cycle is going to continue.

What is the incentive to join LE in this climate?

Rhetorical question...

Garland is going to drive more of them off the force; he's now targeting cops nationwide in his intimidation campaign.
Gods forbid they be investigated for wrong doing. Sounds like a lot of them feel entitled to do whatever they want and not be held accountable.
Yes because after decades of getting away with murdering people, naturally they feel entitled and unaccountable.
Could you please explain to me how you can ignore the numerous murders committed by cops the past many decades, yet only a handful of them have been prosecuted and imprisoned?

Could you please explain to me how you can ignore the numerous murders committed by cops the past many decades, yet only a handful of them have been prosecuted and imprisoned?

Can you please troll some newbie who doesn't know you're a ridiculous lunatic?

Can you please troll some newbie who doesn't know you're a ridiculous lunatic?
But you are a newbie and a ridiculous lunatic.

You do realize that that are more than a couple thousand arrests in a year. In any large quantity of encounters a few will go wrong. The object should be to reduce the number of those that do. In 2019 there were 10.1 million arrests not counting traffic violations.

You do realize that that are more than a couple thousand arrests in a year. In any large quantity of encounters a few will go wrong. The object should be to reduce the number of those that do. In 2019 there were 10.1 million arrests not counting traffic violations.

There can be 20 million and it won't excuse a single violation of a single persons rights.

There can be 20 million and it won't excuse a single violation of a single persons rights.

Well then if everybody obeyed the law we would have no reason to have police. Therefore I can’t excuse a single violation of the law especially any violation that includes a weapon.

Dreams of utopia are wonderful but not realistic.

Well then if everybody obeyed the law we would have no reason to have police. Therefore I can’t excuse a single violation of the law especially any violation that includes a weapon.

Dreams of utopia are wonderful but not realistic.

We don't excuse it. People are sentenced by the thousands every day.

Forum List

Back