Lots of softball on lately.

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
In our hyper-PC culture, racially sensitive teams names, how in the world is softball not the MOST sexist and insulting to women sport ever conceived? Pitching underhand and using an oversized ball isn't insulting? Because...?

And if the point of pitching underhand was so girls didn't get hurt, isn't a 100mph underhand pitch sorta defeating the purpose? :)

I played on a co-ed softball team. I played with a guy that spent an exuberant amount of time trying to nail women with the ball. He initiated a deep dark fantasy of beating him with a bat.........
Yep.

I don't want to watch it on tv. I don't care about who thinks what about it. I just like to play.

In our hyper-PC culture, racially sensitive teams names, how in the world is softball not the MOST sexist and insulting to women sport ever conceived? Pitching underhand and using an oversized ball isn't insulting? Because...?

And if the point of pitching underhand was so girls didn't get hurt, isn't a 100mph underhand pitch sorta defeating the purpose? :)
The PC Police are very selective about what "offends" them.

If they determine at some point that there is some political advantage in complaining about women's softball, you can bet they will.

Women fielding the ball throw overhand just fine, so why must they pitch underhanded? Why's the ball gotta be so much bigger than a regular baseball? Whole sport seems like a huge "F You!" to women.

Isn't it hightime to admit women's softball is sexist and degrading and switch them over to baseball? Is it the MLB 'keeping em down' afraid of the competition in viewership?

Have women's full tackle football (sort of) :)

LFL_0404.jpg

Don't look fraile or fragile to me.

"There’s nothing wrong with competitive fastpitch softball. It’s a great game. But if girls and women want to play baseball, we, as a society, should do all we can to make it easier for them.
As Span concludes, “There is no rational basis to claim that girls can’t throw overhand, run 90 feet between bases or handle a hardball. And there is no reason but sexism to prevent them from doing so.”"
Baseball Softball and Sexism League of Fans

Forum List

Back