Lost tribe or converts?

Why not tell us how many Hindus your own brethren slaughtered when Pakistan was created. Did the Muslims really have to have their own country? Is there something wrong with you that you feel you have to jump into every post. Get away from your computer once in a while. It might clear your mind. Maybe you can go collect some funds for the unfortunate people whose relatives have been slaughtered by your brethren in the rest of the Middle East. Now that is what I call a slaughter.

Hoss, remember crazy Joan from the old board, who was on that board 24/7? Yeah, well, the Irish lush with the multiple screen names has now become her.

They arrived from other nations on the promise of work and easy money, they were the dregs of arab muslim society. This is why their own people detest and hate them and don't want them back.
Who, the European jews

No the arab muslims who were shipped in 3 times to work the land and left shortly after. That is why the ottomans invited the Jews to migrate and settle. Then when the hard work was done by the Jews the arab muslims saw a chance of taking over and not having to do any work.

Former Netanyahu aide behind 'lost tribes' moving to Israel from India

A former Netanyahu aide is the key figure behind an unprecedented government decision to allow an indigenous people from north-eastern India to immigrate to Israel and convert upon arrival.According to an investigation by Haaretz, nearly 1,000 members

https://fedgeno.com/apps/global-paradigm-shift/links/former-netanyahu-aide-behind-lost-tribes-moving-to-israel-from-india-167751

michael-freund-with-bnei-menashe-indian-jewish-tribe.jpg

Children from India, no proof they are jewish in any way, but giving them the right of return. I guess who better to convert to Judaism than children. No room for the Pals , but lets take in children and turn them into Jews. I read several articles stating there is no proof of them being Jews. Oh the deception never ends. Very adorable kids, I do hope they turn into good adults.

Quest: Did their parents come as well or are they orphans?

Again, WHY are you talking about things you have no idea about?!

The community of Bnei Menashe is racognized as the lost tribe by the Rabbis of Israel. Not Netanyahu.

Converts? Are you dense? you know the procedure of converting children to Judaism? you know it's nearly impossible to convert a gentile child,? The Rabbis don't allow it, and it's against Judaism to convert someone who cannot cry aloud "I want".

God, you prove over and over the complete lack of knowledge you have on the subject.

They were Christian, and they are not Jewish. Who did Joseph have children by according to the OT, Must of been an Egyptian. I could careless, I just wonder where there is room for all these ? jews , when the Pals need more room. All you want is bodies.

They are no more Jews than I am, but few Jews living there are probably real Jews. They just want to take room form the Pals, they did DNA testing and not Jewish.
Who was ? josephs wife, and Egyptian. They were Christians and using evangelical money are turning them into Jews. Deception never ends. That is why Bibi is telling everyone to come to Israel. Where are they going to live, the Pals need room.

Bnei Menashe - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The funniest thing here is how Penelope is so obsessed with the Jews that she spends all day long bashing them on forums. If a truth serum was administered to her it would be found out that she really doesn't care about the Arabs, but it is all about the Jews. If we all took a DNA test we would find out that we all came out of Africa, but maybe Penelope would have a fit over that. Years ago there were Israeli Jews posting on a message board. They said that they could tell from the accent where the different Arabs came from -- Egypt, Syria, etc., just like we here in the U.S. can tell different accents -- New York, the South, Minnesota, etc. This is probably the way the English officials in the area were able to tell where these Arabs came from when they came in droves when the Israelis had jobs for them. Since Penelope wants to see the Jews go back to Europe, I will say let the Arabs go back to their original countries or the countries where their ancestors came from. So many of them have Egyptian last names so since the Sinai is a huge place, they could move there.#4 Let's tell everyone here who came in the last fifty years to go back to the country they came from, Penelope. There would sure be a heck of a lot less Arabs living here then

Once again, the Pals never left so they are in their own country. They don't want to move. Just because scavengers moved on their land why should they move? Oh to make room for the Christian children , not Jewish, to become Jewish , I see. I guess the Presbyterian Church in India is very upset over this.

They arrived from other nations on the promise of work and easy money, they were the dregs of arab muslim society. This is why their own people detest and hate them and don't want them back.

Less than 10% of the migrants to Palestine were non-Jews. 90% were European Jews. Stop lying, the facts from source documentation confirm you are a clownish propagandist.

From 1920 to 1946 of 414,456 migrants 376,415 were Jews.. Lying clown.

View attachment 37091
Berman Jewish Policy Archive

A Survey of Palestine Volume 2 Berman Jewish Policy Archive NYU Wagner

Which has been shown to be wrong by the P.M. in Britain who went and saw for himself. He said that the arab muslims migrated in their thousands to Palestine and were never counted.

A former Netanyahu aide is the key figure behind an unprecedented government decision to allow an indigenous people from north-eastern India to immigrate to Israel and convert upon arrival.According to an investigation by Haaretz, nearly 1,000 members

https://fedgeno.com/apps/global-paradigm-shift/links/former-netanyahu-aide-behind-lost-tribes-moving-to-israel-from-india-167751

Children from India, no proof they are jewish in any way, but giving them the right of return. I guess who better to convert to Judaism than children. No room for the Pals , but lets take in children and turn them into Jews. I read several articles stating there is no proof of them being Jews. Oh the deception never ends. Very adorable kids, I do hope they turn into good adults.

The community of Bnei Menashe is racognized as the lost tribe by the Rabbis of Israel. Not Netanyahu.

Converts? Are you dense? you know the procedure of converting children to Judaism? you know it's nearly impossible to convert a gentile child,? The Rabbis don't allow it, and it's against Judaism to convert someone who cannot cry aloud "I want".

God, you prove over and over the complete lack of knowledge you have on the subject.

They were Christian, and they are not Jewish. Who did Joseph have children by according to the OT, Must of been an Egyptian. I could careless, I just wonder where there is room for all these ? jews , when the Pals need more room. All you want is bodies.

Then let the P.A provide the room for them, that is what they were elected for. They do not have any rights in Israel under International law.

Then let the P.A provide the room for them, that is what they were elected for. They do not have any rights in Israel under International law.

Wham, your right the Pals do not have any rights in Israel, and soon the blacks wont as well.

Wham, your right the Pals do not have any rights in Israel, and soon the blacks wont as well.

If they are not Israeli citizens then that don't, just as in the are not American citizens they have no rights in America. Once you start to understand that simple concept you will see were you are going wrong.
By the way I have no rights in America or Israel either as I am not a citizen of either country.

If they are not Israeli citizens then that don't, just as in the are not American citizens they have no rights in America. Once you start to understand that simple concept you will see were you are going wrong.
By the way I have no rights in America or Israel either as I am not a citizen of either country.

Those poor little kids wont either.

Those poor little kids wont either.

You know this for a fact do you, care to provide a link proving your claim ?

Who, the European jews

No the arab muslims who were shipped in 3 times to work the land and left shortly after. That is why the ottomans invited the Jews to migrate and settle. Then when the hard work was done by the Jews the arab muslims saw a chance of taking over and not having to do any work.

When was that. Not between 1920 and 1946. The Jews were 90% of the migrants to Israel during that period.

Why not tell us how many Hindus your own brethren slaughtered when Pakistan was created. Did the Muslims really have to have their own country? Is there something wrong with you that you feel you have to jump into every post. Get away from your computer once in a while. It might clear your mind. Maybe you can go collect some funds for the unfortunate people whose relatives have been slaughtered by your brethren in the rest of the Middle East. Now that is what I call a slaughter.

Hoss, remember crazy Joan from the old board, who was on that board 24/7? Yeah, well, the Irish lush with the multiple screen names has now become her.
Sure, I rememember her. Mr. S. appears to be someone with Palestinian roots who thinks the Jews took away his family's land and all their grand villas. Why do you think he is posting all the time trying to get people to believe that the Jews shouldn't be in what his considers his ancestral lands when his roots are probably actually in Egypt?

Who, the European jews

When was that. Not between 1920 and 1946. The Jews were 90% of the migrants to Israel during that period.

Why do you ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDISTS always cherry pick which period you want to use for your facts. Why only this very short 26 year period out of the last 150 years ?

Goes to show that you know the reality does not support your claims

They are no more Jews than I am, but few Jews living there are probably real Jews. They just want to take room form the Pals, they did DNA testing and not Jewish.
Who was ? josephs wife, and Egyptian. They were Christians and using evangelical money are turning them into Jews. Deception never ends. That is why Bibi is telling everyone to come to Israel. Where are they going to live, the Pals need room.

Bnei Menashe - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is not your place to determine who's Jewish and who's not. There are enough people among the Jews and Israelis to decide that.

What Penelope thinks is laughable and very irrelevant.

The pals can go to jordan, where they really belong. They think by terror they can gain what they want. Bnei Menashe are lovable and peaceful, not like the ISIS-fans in Gaza and Judea and Samaria.

The pals can go to jordan, where they really belong. They think by terror they can gain what they want. Bnei Menashe are lovable and peaceful, not like the ISIS-fans in Gaza and Judea and Samaria.

these kids are not Jewish or any lost tribe. The Pals have been there before any Hebrews and stayed, your the outsiders.

So, how does that compare to Muslim animals saying convert or die with a knife at your throat, Fatima?

these kids are not Jewish or any lost tribe. The Pals have been there before any Hebrews and stayed, your the outsiders.

That's not what the Pals themselves said not too long ago:

Let us hear what other Arabs have said:

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".
- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".
- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, Syrian Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937 -

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".
- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but Southern Syria".
- Representant of Saudi Arabia at the United Nations, 1956 -

Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:
"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".

So, how does that compare to Muslim animals saying convert or die with a knife at your throat, Fatima?

Its a lie, they are not members of any lost tribe, they were Christians and the Presby Church in India is upset , and you used evangelical money to transport and care for these indian kids

Its a lie, they are not members of any lost tribe, they were Christians and the Presby Church in India is upset , and you used evangelical money to transport and care for these indian kids

FYI many Jews that fled the various pogroms, including the Arab ones, fled to East Asia and South Asia. But who cares really? I don't see anything wrong with Israel helping these kids that are in need of a new home.

Early History
India has a legacy of three distinct ancient Jewish groups: the Bene Israel, the Cochin Jews, also called the Malabar Jews, and the White Jews from Europe. Each group practiced important elements of Judaism and had activesynagogues. The Sephardic rites predominate among Indian Jews. More recent Jewish immigration to India includes the Baghdadi Jews, Bene Menashe, and Bene Ephraim.

Jewish merchants from Europe traveled to India in the medieval period for purposes of trade, but it is not clear whether they formed permanent settlements in south Asia. Our first reliable evidence of Jews living in India comes from the early 11th century. It is certain that the first Jewish settlements were centered along the western coast. Abraham ibn Daud's 12th century reference to Jews of India is unfortunately vague and we do not have further references to Indian Jews until several centuries later.

Migrations in the 16th and 17th centuries created important settlements of Jews from Persia, Afghanistan and Characin (Central Asia) in northern India and Kashmir. By the late 18th century, Bombay became the largest Jewish community in India. Bene Israel Jews lived in Bombay, as did Iraqi and Persian Jews.

[paste:font size="4"]Bene Israel ("Sons of Israel") lived primarily in the cities of Bombay (now Mumbai), Pune, Karachi (now in Pakistan), and Ahmadabad. The native language of the Bene Israel was Judeo-Marathi. They arrived in India nearly 2,100 years ago after a shipwreck stranded seven Jewish families from Judea at Navagaon near Alibag, just south of Mumbai.

beneisraelsyn.jpg

Bene Israel Synagogue

The Bene Israel claim to be descended from Jews who escaped persecution in the Galilee in the 2nd century B.C.E. The Bene Israel resembled the non-Jewish Maratha people in appearance and customs, which indicates intermarriage between Jews and Indians. The Bene Israel, however, maintained the practices of Jewish dietary laws, circumcision, and observation of Sabbath as a day of rest.

The Bene Israel say their ancestors were oil pressers in the Galilee and earned the nickname "Saturday oil-pressers" because they abstained from work on Saturday, which is the Jewish Shabbat, a day of rest. In the 18th century, they were "discovered" by traders from Baghdad. At that time, the Bene Israel were practicing just a few outward forms of Judaism (which is how they were recognized), but had no scholars of their own. Teachers from Baghdad and Cochin taught them mainstream Judaism in the 18th and 19th centuries.

In 1796 “Shaar Rahamim”, the first Bene Israel synagogue, was built in the city. After its establishment, several other synaogues and Jewish centers emerged throughout Bombay.

David Sassoon and his followers fled to Bombay in 1832 following the pogroms of Daud Pasha in Baghdad. The Sassoon family became known as the “Rothschilds of the East” because of the wealth they accumulated in trade and also because of their philanthropic donations to the community. In fact, many well-known landmarks in Mumbai today can be attributed to the Sassoon family.

In the 1830s, there was an estimated 6,000 Bene Israeli Jews living in India, and nearly 10,000 at the turn of the century. At their peak in 1948, the Bene Israel numbered 20,000. Since then, most of the Bene Israel Jews have migrated to Israel, and under 5,000 remain today.

Beneisrael.jpg

Bene Israel

In 1964, the Rabbinate of Israel declared that the Bene Israel are "full Jews in every respect."

The Bene Israel community claimed to be descendents of the Kohanim, the ancient Israelite priests, which claims descent from Aaron, the brother of Moses. In 2002, a DNA test confimed that the Bene Israel share the same heredity as the Kohanim.

[paste:font size="4"]Jews in Cochin in southern India (today, its the port city of Kochi) were the so-called "Black Jews," who traditionally spoke the Judeo-Malayalam tongue, native to the state of Kerala. Some say that these "Black Jews" settled in the Malabar coast during the times of King Solomon of Israel, and after the Kingdom of Israel split into two. The Pardesi Jews, also called the "White Jews" settled later, coming to India from western European nations such as Holland and Spain, and spoke the ancient Sephardic language of Ladino. A notable settlement of Spanish and Portuguese Jews starting in the 15th century was Goa, but this settlement eventually disappeared. In the 17th and 18th centuries, Cochin had an influx of Jewish settlers from the Middle East, North Africa, and Spain.

pardesisyn.jpg

Pardesi Synagogue Cochin

The Jews of Cochin traditionally say that they came to Cranganore (an ancient port near Cochin in south-west India) after the destruction of theTemple in 70 C.E. They had, in effect, their own principality for many centuries until a chieftainship dispute broke out between two brothers in the 15th century. The dispute led neighboring princes to dispossess them. In 1524, the Moors, backed by the ruler of Calicut (today called Kozhikode) attacked the Jews of Cranganore on the pretext that they were tampering with the pepper trade. Most Jews fled to Cochin and went under the protection of the Hindu Raja there. He granted them a site for their own town that later acquired the name "Jew Town" (by which it is still known).

Unfortunately for the Jews of Cochin, the Portuguese occupied Cochin in this same period and indulged in persecution of the Jews until the Dutch displaced them in 1660. The Dutch Protestants were tolerant, and the Jews prospered. In 1795, Cochin passed into the British sphere of influence. In the 19th century, Cochin Jews lived in the towns of Cochin, Ernakulam, Aluva, and North Paravur.

Most of Cochin's Jews have emigrated (principally to Israel), intermarried, or converted, and now there are believed to be only 13 elderly Indian-born Jews, from seven families, still living in Kochi. There are currently 53 practicing Cochin Jews in Kerala, along with three synagogues. The Pardesi Synagogue in Kochi, built in 1568, is the only one still open and is a protected heritage site. Many fear that the Jews of Cochin will soon wither away.

jewtownrd.jpg

Jew Town Road, Cochin across from Pardesi Synagogue.
Notice the Rabbi Nachman stickers on the motorbike.
cochincem.jpg

Jewish cemetery in Cochin

[paste:font size="4"]WWII, the rise of Indian nationalism made Jews feel less comfortable because they were identified with the English by the Indians. India's Jewish population declined dramatically starting in the 1940s with heavy immigration to Israel, England and the United States. This is where most Indian Jews live today.

The Jews of Calcutta now number about 2,150, of whom 150 are European and the remainder natives of Asiatic Turkey, Persia, and southern Arabia.

[paste:font size="4"]Yemenite, Persian, and Turkish origin. The community developed as a result of Jews fleeing religious persecution in Muslim lands to the northwest of India during the British imperial era. Unlike other Jewish communities in India whose oral tradition attest to a presence in India going back as long as 2000 years, the Baghdadi communities were established relatively recently (in the past few centuries).

The Baghdadis have completely assimilated into Indian society. A contributing factor for their assimilation was their physical features and resemblance to the East Indians. The Baghdadis originally came to India from Iraq, Turkey,Syria, Iran, and Afghanistan, so they had dark olive skin and black, dark brown hair, that gave them that distinct Middle Eastern appearance and an Indian resemblance.

[paste:font size="4"]Bene Menashe community consists of approximately 7,000 members of the Chin-Kuki-Mizo tribe, which lives in the northeast Indian states of Manipur and Mizoram, near the border of Myanmar. Linguistically, they are Tibeto-Burmans. For generations they kept Jewish traditions, claiming to be descended from the Tribe of Manasseh, one of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel that were exiled by the Assyrians in the eighth century B.C.E. and have since disappeared.

In the 19th century, the tribe's members were converted to Christianity, but in the 1970's, some of the community began practicing Judaism again and set themselves apart from the rest of the tribe, after Pentecostalist called Chalianthanga or Mela Chala (the name varies) from the Buallawn village dreamt that God instructed him to direct his people to return to their pre-Christian religion, which he determined to be Judaism, and to return to their original homeland, Israel.

bneimenasheflag.gif

Flag of Bene Menashe

The group was named Bene Menashe by Rabbi Eliyahu Avichail, who heard about the tribe in 1979 and traveled to their village in India several times in the 1980s, because they believe that the legendary Kuki-Mizo ancestor Manmasi is one and the same withMenassah, son of Joseph. Rabbi Avichail's organization, called Amishav (Hebrew for "my people return") dedicated himself to converting the Bene Menashe in the Orthodoxtradition, and eventually bring them to settle in Israel.

In July 2005, the Bene Menashe community built their first mikvah, or a Jewish ritual bath, in Mizoram under the supervision of Israeli rabbis in order to begin the conversion process. Shortly after, a similar mikvah was built in Manipur. In mid-2005, with the help of Shavei Israel, an organization founded by Avichail's friend, journalist Michael Fruend, and the local council of Kiryat Arba, the Bene Menashe opened its first community center in Israel.

In March 2005, Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar, one of Israel's two chief rabbis, decided to recognize the members of India's Bene Menashe community as descendants of the ancient Israelites due to their exceptional devotion to Judaism. Nevertheless, those who arrived in Israel were required to go through a conversion process.

Indian religious figures in the Mizo-Kuki churches in Mizoram, as well as Indian government officials, later expressed concern about the plan to convert the Bene Menashe and bring them to Israel so the effort was suspended, although members of Bene Menashe continued to arrive in Israel in 2006 and 2007. After a five-year period when there was no aliyah, the Israeli government announced in November 2012 that it would resume flights to bring the Bene Menashe to Israel, starting with a planeload of 270 people.

Since the early 1990's, approximately 2,000 Bene Menashe have immigrated to Israel; another 5,000 are in the pipeline waiting to immigrate. In October 2013, the Israeli government gave approval for 899 more Bnei Menashe to come.

[paste:font size="4"]Ephraim") are a small group of Jews, sometimes called the Telugu Jews because they speak Telugu, a Dravidian national language of India, who reside in the south-eastern province of Andhra Pradesh, whose recorded observance of Judaism, like that of the Bene Menashe, is quite recent, going back only to 1981. In the 19th century, the Bene Ephraim were converted to Christianity by Baptist missionaries.

Since 1981, about fifty families around Kottareddipalem and Ongole (capital of the nearby district of Prakasham) have begun to study and teach Torah, learn Hebrew, and sought recognition from other Jewish communities around the world. The community has been visited over the years by several groups of rabbis, who have thus far not seen fit to extend the same recognition to this community as that recently extended to the Bene Menashe.

In 1992, the first Bene Ephraim synagogue opened in Kottareddipalem, called The House of the Children of Yakob, founded by former Christian preacher Shmuel Yakobi, who first encountered Judaism in the 1980's on a trip to Jerusalem. Yakobi also founded an independent open university offering correspondence courses in Torah and Hebraic Studies, calling the community the Council of Eastern Jewry.

I read all about it. There is no definitive Dna test. You did just what the RC did , go in destitute areas and tell people about Judaism , give them books etc, tell the they are the lost tribe of Joseph and to come to the "promised land" . Most were Christians due the Christian church already being there. You want to grow your race, and you need bodies to take the place of Pals. The Pals are more blood relation to the Israelites than the Indian kids are.
Did their parents come too, or just the kids?

Forum List

Back