Los Angeles mayor declares the city a "sanctuary" for illegals, then gets mad when they show up

I have no problem with the Governors doing it, as long as they get the excess migrants out of their own state for their publicity stunt. If she renounced being a sanctuary city, I would be in favor of the Feds helping her, as they have deeper pockets than any state, but if she does not wish to cooperation with the Federal Government, so be it. She can go it alone.
Pretty sure this move was in direct response to this

Deporting illegals to a state where they are not held accountable for their crimes seems like a pretty humane option.
Certainly better than sending them home to whatever shit-hole they fled in the first place.
The courts should actually force the sanctuary state to compensate the law abiding state for travel expenses.
I'm sure the sanctuary state will come out ahead when the illegals stay off welfare, get farming jobs, and contribute to the tax base, right libs?

I get such a hoot over the faux outrage.
fauxoutrage (2).jpg

"Basically invited?" Bullshit.

sanctuary city​

[ sangk-choo-er-ee sit-ee ]

noun
  1. a city in which the local government and police protect undocumented immigrants and refugees from deportation by federal authorities: sanctuary cities where law enforcement cannot question crime suspects about their immigration status.

Isn't this thread about Abbott and Los Angeles? Get it together.
I am. I mentioned Los Angeles, as you said "Yes." Biden should somehow step in to stop Abbott from giving migrants free passage to Los Angeles, though I cannot think of a single Federal Law Abbott might be breaking. Can you?

I am. I mentioned Los Angeles, as you said "Yes." Biden should somehow step in to stop Abbott from giving migrants free passage to Los Angeles, though I cannot think of a single Federal Law Abbott might be breaking. Can you?
I said Yes to someone else.
Abbott is a cheesy wimpy Texas politician who can't handle his own in State affairs, so he sluffs it off on other States.

So your comment that the LA mayor didn't ask for these immigrants is irrelevant. She's obligated to accept them as the leader of a sanctuary city. And Abbott, or any other state official anywhere, is free to send as many immigrants as they like to the places that have advertised their willingness to accept them.

I hope thousands more are on the way, since Biden won't secure the border.

So your comment that the LA mayor didn't ask for these immigrants is irrelevant. She's obligated to accept them as the leader of a sanctuary city. And Abbott, or any other state official anywhere, is free to send as many immigrants as they like to the places that have advertised their willingness to accept them.

I hope thousands more are on the way, since Biden won't secure the border.
Good for you.

Forum List

Back