Looks like the HALO series on Paramount is going woke??

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Everyone for decades has wanted a HALO movie. Which has never happened because of Microsoft's unreasonableness. High demands etc.

Just watched the trailer for the new series coming in 2022. And it is impossible to not notice that the trailers shows nearly all of the lead characters are...women. So I looked up the cast...yep... 8 of the 12 leading roles are all women.
What the? There are female characters in HALO. Including soldiers. And then of course Cortona. But literally 3/4 of all characters are women? Uh... no.
I will watch it when it comes on, but now my hopes for it are certainly diminished. Call me old fashioned, I don't care... but any film that shows some 5' 2" - 125lb. woman as some bad ass is just not believable. Essentially comical.
Ugh.

Everyone for decades has wanted a HALO movie. Which has never happened because of Microsoft's unreasonableness. High demands etc.

Just watched the trailer for the new series coming in 2022. And it is impossible to not notice that the trailers shows nearly all of the lead characters are...women. So I looked up the cast...yep... 8 of the 12 leading roles are all women.
What the? There are female characters in HALO. Including soldiers. And then of course Cortona. But literally 3/4 of all characters are women? Uh... no.
I will watch it when it comes on, but now my hopes for it are certainly diminished. Call me old fashioned, I don't care... but any film that shows some 5' 2" - 125lb. woman as some bad ass is just not believable. Essentially comical.
Ugh.

as long as lots of them are either scantily dressed or naked......it wont bother me....

I don't watch movies where the woman is the main character anymore, especially not when it's a bunch of them, and especially never if the movie pushes some "women are powerful" vibe. Because in today's age it always ends up sucking because the creators are more interested in social politics or an agenda then they are making a good movie.

The days are gone when you can have a female lead and it's a great movie because back in the day it wasn't about having a female lead, it was about trying to make a good movie.

Ripley in alien, Frigga in they call her one eye, patch in switchblade sisters, Sara Connor in Terminator 1 and 2, the bride in kill bill, hitgirl in kickass, any of the movies Pam Grier was in back in the day, and dozens and dozens more. They were all cool women characters because the movie wasnt worried about them being women, they were just trying to make a good movie.

I have 0 interest in any movie that sets off my woke radar and I won't support it. I have wayyyyyyyy to many movies and games to watch for me to give my attention to some social agenda pushing piece of shit

I don't watch movies where the woman is the main character anymore, especially not when it's a bunch of them, and especially never if the movie pushes some "women are powerful" vibe. Because in today's age it always ends up sucking because the creators are more interested in social politics or an agenda then they are making a good movie.

The days are gone when you can have a female lead and it's a great movie because back in the day it wasn't about having a female lead, it was about trying to make a good movie.

Ripley in alien, Frigga in they call her one eye, patch in switchblade sisters, Sara Connor in Terminator 1 and 2, the bride in kill bill, hitgirl in kickass, any of the movies Pam Grier was in back in the day, and dozens and dozens more. They were all cool women characters because the movie wasnt worried about them being women, they were just trying to make a good movie.

I have 0 interest in any movie that sets off my woke radar and I won't support it. I have wayyyyyyyy to many movies and games to watch for me to give my attention to some social agenda pushing piece of shit
Maybe, I am the one that is a bit old fashion. I like watching good looking women in battle or most anywhere else but I prefer them without all that armor. If that's being wokey I'm all for it.

Although men are more powerful than comparably fit females, women’s muscles tend to be more resistant to fatigue than men’s, which means they can perform at the same relative intensity for a longer duration than men. And with the enhancements of the Spartans, women could well be better warriors.

Forum List

Back