LOL how is a CAT-3 storm the most destructive storm EVER.......

Bloomberg has an article today saying that Irma could wind up being more expensive than Andrew in real terms.
Not adjusted for inflation yes........................one also needs factor in that the population of florida has increased as more people seem to want their home blown or floated away every 5 to 10 years.

Irma was supposed to hit Florida as a CAT 4 and not slow down to CAT 3 until near the top of Florida; instead, it hit Florida Keys already as a CAT 3 (where the Keys really DID take a good beating), and so did Naples, but right after Naples, it went inland, slowed to CAT 2 and totally missed Tampa. Shortly after it dispersed to CAT 1.

Bullshit. It hit Key West as a Cat 4. Where it was "supposed to" go changed daily. One poster here said it was following Harvey into Texas. Then it turned up this way. Then it pointed toward New Orleans. Finally it settled on west Florida. That's how these things work --- nobody can predict them a week out. Can't be done.

After hitting Naples, the storm tracked across the peninsula eastward diagonally up to where Florida, Georgia and the Atlantic meet. From there it went sightly out to sea then straight up into the Carolinas. It continues to track due north. It has NEVER veered sharply westward inland towards Tennessee and Kentucky, as they thought.

Yeah that's more bullshit. I'm sitting here IN Carolina --- the western part --- and I can tell you right now there ain't no Irma here. We know our winds around here and there haven't been any.

And the map knows too:

023911_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Think you can find "Tennessee and Kentucky" on that map?

Irma was supposed to hit Florida as a CAT 4 and not slow down to CAT 3 until near the top of Florida; instead, it hit Florida Keys already as a CAT 3 (where the Keys really DID take a good beating), and so did Naples, but right after Naples, it went inland, slowed to CAT 2 and totally missed Tampa. Shortly after it dispersed to CAT 1.

Bullshit. It hit Key West as a Cat 4. Where it was "supposed to" go changed daily. One poster here said it was following Harvey into Texas. Then it turned up this way. Then it pointed toward New Orleans. Finally it settled on west Florida. That's how these things work --- nobody can predict them a week out. Can't be done.

After hitting Naples, the storm tracked across the peninsula eastward diagonally up to where Florida, Georgia and the Atlantic meet. From there it went sightly out to sea then straight up into the Carolinas. It continues to track due north. It has NEVER veered sharply westward inland towards Tennessee and Kentucky, as they thought.

Yeah that's more bullshit. I'm sitting here IN Carolina --- the western part --- and I can tell you right now there ain't no Irma here. We know our winds around here and there haven't been any.

And the map knows too:

Man you are stupid...................they NOAA did predict it a week out, down to the width of Florida...............

What planet are you on

And the map knows too:

Man you are stupid...................they NOAA did predict it a week out, down to the width of Florida...............

What planet are you on

Bull. SHIT.

I have the thread history right here in my pocket; I know exactly where she was projected. And I posted it.

You're still a fucking liar.

And the map knows too:

What planet are you on

Bull. SHIT.

I have the thread history right here in my pocket; I know exactly where she was projected. And I posted it.

You're still a fucking liar.

You are delusional and likely need medication. The storm was projected to head straight to Florida continuing on it's path, then turn North along the east coast of Florida, it ended up turning North along the West coast of Florida. Thus NOAA was off by just the width of Florida.

Kid, you have severe mental issues, as you are arguing a false past, such as the holocaust never happened...

You need help

Where climate science is concerned, 35mph is the new 75mph.

Fuckers duped the public again.......you'd have thought 1,000 Godzilla's were going to stampede through Florida and make it uninhabitable for months just a week ago. Duped the fuck out of me that's for sure......again. So we go from that to cleanup taking about 48 minutes.

Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.
Hurricane expert Klotzbach: #Irma at landfall comes in 7th behind 1935 Labor Day storm
FAKE NEWS!

Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.

It's not. People just don't want to look stupid overhyping when the sucker was out in the ocean. It's stupid people always fall for it.

Who said that Irma was the most destructive storm ever?

What was being said was the it potentially could be the most destructive storm ever.

And despite it not being as bad as first feared, initial estimates are that Irma caused $50 billion in damages, making it one of the most expensive storms of all time.
And that damage was after the building codes were made stricter after Andrew!!!!

You think wrong, since they were not.

And you're grossly uneducated about your topic. What devastated New Orleans was not the hurricane. It was the collapse of the levees underbuilt by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

I'm never wrong.

If my street has bad pothole, I get the city to take care of it. And, until it's fixed I steer around it. I suppose I might even be motivated to do something about it myself, if the city is slack (e.g. fill it with sand, simple and cheap, until a proper repair).

The feds might have the job of maintaining levees, but it's the city's job get the feds to come, to prohibit building in low land, and to even apply cheap and simple fixes until the feds do their job. But, New Orleans is a city that had been ran by incompetent apes for a long time. Blacks elected by racism not qualifications.

You're grossly stupid.

Hurricane expert Klotzbach: #Irma at landfall comes in 7th behind 1935 Labor Day storm
FAKE NEWS!
The government dropped the ball on this one

A) After Andrew all new homes (and buildings IIRC, but I know for a fact all houses) must be built to hurricane code. Andrew's devastation was due to be unprepared-something which Florida was much more so for Irma.

B) Tampa dodged a huge bullet, Irma was a Cat 1 when it hit Tampa...if it was the 4/5 that it could have easily been, it would have been as bad as Andrew.

C) Despite being a Cat 1 when it hit the bay was drained-completely empty on Bayshore. Craziest thing I've ever witnessed in my life.

I watched people standing out in the middle of the street giving news reports as the eye wall passed right over them. This storm lost energy far faster than predicted because Cuba's intervention disrupted the eye wall from regenerating, made it a longer distance to Florida so, more time to lose energy, then going over Florida brought in lots of dry air which stalled out the storm south of the eye. But the Weather Channel is hard at covering up for their entirely blown coverage and predictions--- --- I just saw them still putting up charts of the storm's path that agree with their original forecast but are CLEARLY NOT the path the storm actually took!

Another egg by the weather people who are supposed to be telling me how the Earth will end up in 200 years.

Who told you that Irma missed Tampa? I live in the bay area and the eye (literally) went right over my house. Hell the storm literally emptied out much of the bay. It takes a 20 second Google search to see that the storm hit Tampa, I mean seriously that's just laziness.

Nice try.

You think wrong, since they were not.

And you're grossly uneducated about your topic. What devastated New Orleans was not the hurricane. It was the collapse of the levees underbuilt by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

I'm never wrong.

If my street has bad pothole, I get the city to take care of it. And, until it's fixed I steer around it. I suppose I might even be motivated to do something about it myself, if the city is slack (e.g. fill it with sand, simple and cheap, until a proper repair).

The feds might have the job of maintaining levees, but it's the city's job get the feds to come, to prohibit building in low land, and to even apply cheap and simple fixes until the feds do their job. But, New Orleans is a city that had been ran by incompetent apes for a long time. Blacks elected by racism not qualifications.

You're grossly stupid.

No actually I'm a Katrinite who actually lived there when Katrina arrived and therefore know whereof I speak and therefore don't need to pull it out of my ass. Like you just did.

And the map knows too:

God you are an idiot...........and I rarely use that term in here...............

:spinner:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/dollar150-billion-misfire-how-forecasters-got-irma-damage-wrong/ar-AArKOqd:spinner:

Fucking snowflakes.......they get hysterical about anything.( we need an exploding head emoticon )

Forum List

Back