Lodging While Black: Black man kicked out of Oregon hotel while calling mom in lobby

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
With all of the things that can go awry while traveling, getting trespassed from a hotel in which you have a paid reservation just isn't something for which most people have backup plan.

Black man kicked out of Oregon hotel while calling mom in lobby

PORTLAND, Ore. - A black guest at the DoubleTree Hotel in Northeast Portland says he was harassed by staff for taking a phone call from his mother in the lobby.

Jermaine Massey documented the encounter in a series of Instagram posts.

His attorneys say that while Massey in the lobby, a security guard repeatedly asked him if he was a guest. Eventually, a hotel staffer got involved and police showed up. The police report says Massey refused to provide his room number.

In videos of the incident, Massey pulls out a keycard with a room number and date on it. It's not clear if Massey showed the card to hotel staff.

"I said that I'm a guest, I told you that,” Massey says in the video. “I'm in five something, I don't know the number, I just checked in today, here's my ticket, I just checked in with my American Express."​

That is unfortunate. It is also unfortunate that Mr. Massey spent all of his time filming the incident instead of doing what anyone else would do, pull out his key envelope and show it to security. That would have taken about 5 seconds. But then he wouldn't have a viral video.

That is unfortunate. It is also unfortunate that Mr. Massey spent all of his time filming the incident instead of doing what anyone else would do, pull out his key envelope and show it to security. That would have taken about 5 seconds. But then he wouldn't have a viral video.

A lot of these recent videos have had a white person legit being a douche for whatever reason. This guy had no interest in clearing up the situation as soon as possible. He wants to ride on the coattails of people who really were being fucked with.

not as bad as being disabled while being white, then the blacks torture
Asked about the shouts of “fuck Trump” and “fuck white people
Four arrested over Facebook Live video of man tortured amid anti-Trump taunts
.....the BIG difference in these stories is that most of your crap stories have nothing to do with race, where as my link does
Starbucks/white cop shoots black man/etc--race has nothing to do with it
..you do see the difference--yes??

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello. I watched all five of the edited or chopped-up videos Mr. Massey shared on Twitter.
Jermaine on Twitter

The first video clearly shows Mr. Massey antagonizing the uniform security officer by repeatedly asking officer "Earl" to say "hi" and "hello" for Mr. Massey's camera. :JERK:

Is it possible Mr. Massey, who states he was on the phone dealing with a family emergency, was speaking too loud during the call, or using language that is not acceptable in most public places?

Frankly, I'd like to learn the whole story before making judgment.

However, hotel security asking a person for their name and room number is NOT harassment.

Am_I_Racist, barack obama, kendrick lamar, nasir jones.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Last edited:
#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

OP, plz correct me if I am wrong.

After listening to all five videos and reading Twitter comments, I cannot find ONE reference to Mr. Massey's "mom"...yet your thread title mentions a mom? :curious:

However, I did notice Mr. Massey relaxing in the lobby with his footwear comfortably resting on a couch other folks will be sitting on.

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

He did that. What is unfortunate is that white piece of shit harassed that man for no reason.

Hello. I watched all five of the edited or chopped-up videos Mr. Massey shared on Twitter.
Jermaine on Twitter

The first video clearly shows Mr. Massey antagonizing the uniform security officer by repeatedly asking officer "Earl" to say "hi" and "hello" for Mr. Massey's camera. :JERK:

Is it possible Mr. Massey, who states he was on the phone dealing with a family emergency, was speaking too loud during the call, or using language that is not acceptable in most public places?

Frankly, I'd like to learn the whole story before making judgment.

However, hotel security asking a person for their name and room number is NOT harassment.

Peace.
___

Wrong.

A lot of these recent videos have had a white person legit being a douche for whatever reason. This guy had no interest in clearing up the situation as soon as possible. He wants to ride on the coattails of people who really were being fucked with.

No they have not. The white man is to blame here and no one else.

No they have not. The white man is to blame here and no one else.
You don't see at least the possibility of opportunistic victim hood? Remember Clock boy? If Obama was still President, Mr Massey would be getting ready for his White House visit.

Uh oh...back during the summer a local utility company decided to send an offensive "password" to a black woman who it turns out is a member of the NAACP. Now according to this update, it looks like the black guy who they decided to fuck with ["because we can"] is a former employee of the Justice Department (FBI) :3:.

Kent man kicked out of Portland hotel to file racial discrimination suit

With all of the things that can go awry while traveling, getting trespassed from a hotel in which you have a paid reservation just isn't something for which most people have backup plan.

Black man kicked out of Oregon hotel while calling mom in lobby

PORTLAND, Ore. - A black guest at the DoubleTree Hotel in Northeast Portland says he was harassed by staff for taking a phone call from his mother in the lobby.

Jermaine Massey documented the encounter in a series of Instagram posts.

His attorneys say that while Massey in the lobby, a security guard repeatedly asked him if he was a guest. Eventually, a hotel staffer got involved and police showed up. The police report says Massey refused to provide his room number.

In videos of the incident, Massey pulls out a keycard with a room number and date on it. It's not clear if Massey showed the card to hotel staff.

"I said that I'm a guest, I told you that,” Massey says in the video. “I'm in five something, I don't know the number, I just checked in today, here's my ticket, I just checked in with my American Express."​
I read the article on CNN. I’m glad the hotel employees were fired. Their behavior is inexcusable.

New Topics

Forum List

Back