Living Mobile

We have at least one member here who thinks its a reason to shame somebody and a bigger fool there is not. Living mobile allows me to enjoy sunshine and great temps ALMOST every day of the year. I have not even seen snow in a decade let alone have to shovel it. I live and travel by "Air Stream" and I can live places where people with ten times my income cannot live.

Any member here have a beach house in California? I HAVE... Here is THE place to be..
image_thumb%25255B201%25255D.png

Yeah, Guno it really sucks to live like this. I'm sure ALL the folks feel the "SHAME" of living like this...
image_thumb%25255B202%25255D.png

YOU folks can call that "Trailer Park" and MAYBE reserve a spot IF someone died. Rates for regulars are lower say about 600 for a month. Do you have any idea how hard it is to live like this in the middle of winter? It might get down to a bone chilling 50 degrees at night.

I LOVE the portable privacy wall these folks put in and if you look at the bottom left that waterfall ROCKS!
image_thumb%25255B219%25255D.png

Now I myself LOVE my Mahogany walls, I just flat LOVE the grain the pattern and the color. So now you want to buy an old one but don't want to "restore" it and yes they have clubs and still make parts to restore old Airstreams AND Shasta's.

Well some member like our village idiot sees this and starts yelling "TRAILER TRASH" which is fine because it keeps HIS kind the hell away.
image_thumb%25255B393%25255D.png

This is a real "mobile home" folks, a forty foot pull behind. But the owner gutted it to the shell and did a remodel added the sliding glass door you see and then knocking out HIS idea for the inside.

image_thumb%25255B272%25255D.png

I got money that says this kitchen is finer then that member ever has had or ever will. But hey time to rest at that beach resort right?

image_thumb%25255B273%25255D.png

True punishment right? GOT what they deserve right? They MUST be stupid retards right?

I live on the edge of the Senora during the winter and the White Apache Mountains during the summer. While that SAME member is out shoveling snow or putting up with rain I am sandal wearing beach side with a campfire for 600 a month.

Now granted 600 a month may sound a little high but when you throw in a Sauna a hot tub a pool a billiard room, weight room and the almost nightly outdoor camp fire it does not seem so bad. Me? I have a mount for my flat scree on the OUTSIDE of my unit so I can watch my favorite movie by camp fire with coffee.

And I smile and snicker at every trailer trash joke that member makes as he shovels snow as I post beach side/desert side or atop the grandest mountains.
I think I will continue to suffer, someone has to take a "hit" for the team right?

Fury

Where is Senora, do you mean Sonora?

As a kid we lived the whole summer in a cabin cruiser boat of the 1950's at the great lakes..

Doing this is on the top of my bucket list...I would probably go on my own because I just want to drive a couple hours and see the sights take it easy.
While my husband has adhd and wants to slam it down and drive far and fast to the next stop.

I want to get a small RV , not the trailer although they are nice too.
Especially the kind that you have an Air Streamer is the best out there..

If someone was to break in I can take off and not be stuck in a trailer, of coarse I would probably get a small weapon too.

Something like this, although very expensive.

images

A snub nose 38 or 32 is my choice with the first shot being "snake shot". I know a fellow with a 410 Derringer that is very pleased with his. "Out there" you will shoot a snake long before you face an ignorant person.

As a woman alone, it may be different. Especially an older woman..not for me anymore but my camper :laugh:

I love doing things on my own, so does my husband.

So do you pay for satellite or dish / comcast for TV / or internet?

Dish you put on auto pay at your bank. You can do the same with your net. Verizon has a "jet pack" that travels under 200 to purchase. MOST parks have free wifi though.

We have at least one member here who thinks its a reason to shame somebody and a bigger fool there is not. Living mobile allows me to enjoy sunshine and great temps ALMOST every day of the year. I have not even seen snow in a decade let alone have to shovel it. I live and travel by "Air Stream" and I can live places where people with ten times my income cannot live.

Any member here have a beach house in California? I HAVE... Here is THE place to be..

Yeah, Guno it really sucks to live like this. I'm sure ALL the folks feel the "SHAME" of living like this...

YOU folks can call that "Trailer Park" and MAYBE reserve a spot IF someone died. Rates for regulars are lower say about 600 for a month. Do you have any idea how hard it is to live like this in the middle of winter? It might get down to a bone chilling 50 degrees at night.

I LOVE the portable privacy wall these folks put in and if you look at the bottom left that waterfall ROCKS!

Now I myself LOVE my Mahogany walls, I just flat LOVE the grain the pattern and the color. So now you want to buy an old one but don't want to "restore" it and yes they have clubs and still make parts to restore old Airstreams AND Shasta's.

Well some member like our village idiot sees this and starts yelling "TRAILER TRASH" which is fine because it keeps HIS kind the hell away.

This is a real "mobile home" folks, a forty foot pull behind. But the owner gutted it to the shell and did a remodel added the sliding glass door you see and then knocking out HIS idea for the inside.

I got money that says this kitchen is finer then that member ever has had or ever will. But hey time to rest at that beach resort right?

True punishment right? GOT what they deserve right? They MUST be stupid retards right?

I live on the edge of the Senora during the winter and the White Apache Mountains during the summer. While that SAME member is out shoveling snow or putting up with rain I am sandal wearing beach side with a campfire for 600 a month.

Now granted 600 a month may sound a little high but when you throw in a Sauna a hot tub a pool a billiard room, weight room and the almost nightly outdoor camp fire it does not seem so bad. Me? I have a mount for my flat scree on the OUTSIDE of my unit so I can watch my favorite movie by camp fire with coffee.

And I smile and snicker at every trailer trash joke that member makes as he shovels snow as I post beach side/desert side or atop the grandest mountains.
I think I will continue to suffer, someone has to take a "hit" for the team right?

Fury

Where is Senora, do you mean Sonora?

As a kid we lived the whole summer in a cabin cruiser boat of the 1950's at the great lakes..

Doing this is on the top of my bucket list...I would probably go on my own because I just want to drive a couple hours and see the sights take it easy.
While my husband has adhd and wants to slam it down and drive far and fast to the next stop.

I want to get a small RV , not the trailer although they are nice too.
Especially the kind that you have an Air Streamer is the best out there..

If someone was to break in I can take off and not be stuck in a trailer, of coarse I would probably get a small weapon too.

Something like this, although very expensive.

images

That is nice but like I said you lose all that cock pit space once you park. Item two is it needs it OWN insurance. Most if not all insurance companies cover a pull behind when its hooked to the tow unit.

Glad I took him off ignore. Good thread.

This is my aim. What I want to do. But I have to find a really small pull-along cuz my van would fit me but not stuff I want to take with me. A nice small trailer would be perfect. Only problem I have run across is..they all look fine on the inside but ALL of them have leaks or had leaks and the owner claims its fixed but we know owners usually lie. If I can see water damage....I ain't interested. That's a bitch to fix. I have been looking though.
I like the idea of just upping and going once yer over wherever you are.

I have been looking at RVs too. But...if you have to run to the store or something, you gotta take yer house with ya and sometimes that can be difficult. So leaving the home parked and hooked up while driving in your tow vehicle seems like a better idea. OR..get an RV and tow a small car. either way.

I have been looking at RVs too. But...if you have to run to the store or something, you gotta take yer house with ya and sometimes that can be difficult. So leaving the home parked and hooked up while driving in your tow vehicle seems like a better idea. OR..get an RV and tow a small car. either way.

Much cheaper to go the tow vehicle route.
And if you plan on staying in one place for an extended period I think it makes sense as well.
If you want to tour the country and stop a lot I could see going the RV route.

Glad I took him off ignore. Good thread.

This is my aim. What I want to do. But I have to find a really small pull-along cuz my van would fit me but not stuff I want to take with me. A nice small trailer would be perfect. Only problem I have run across is..they all look fine on the inside but ALL of them have leaks or had leaks and the owner claims its fixed but we know owners usually lie. If I can see water damage....I ain't interested. That's a bitch to fix. I have been looking though.
I like the idea of just upping and going once yer over wherever you are.
Once you find a "dry" unit you take it home and coat the entire roof with fiberglass resin. About 3/8 ths deep. NO seams = NO leaks.

Sounds like one of these would be perfect.....
Showroom - Scamp Trailers

Sounds like one of these would be perfect.....
Showroom - Scamp Trailers
Scamps are GREAT! And they make a 5th wheel also. You can pull a 16 to 18 foot scamp with a V-6. I know one guy who pulls one with a 4 cylinder Jeep. Those are good units.

I want to gut it and fix it up the way I want it. No toilet either. I have the porta potty. In short, I don't want to have to suck shit out of the tank every now and then. I want it completely flushed, then removed. Gray water tank too..maybe. No shower. No fridge. Ice chest will do fine. My van is a V6, so I want small..like a scamp...or the ol Egg Shaped. Inside is going to be awesome. But first I have to find one.

I want to gut it and fix it up the way I want it. No toilet either. I have the porta potty. In short, I don't want to have to suck shit out of the tank every now and then. I want it completely flushed, then removed. Gray water tank too..maybe. No shower. No fridge. Ice chest will do fine. My van is a V6, so I want small..like a scamp...or the ol Egg Shaped. Inside is going to be awesome. But first I have to find one.
The egg shaped are canned ham models. And you CAN put flush toilets in a travel trailer. They use the same size drop as a house. Just get a 3/4 size toilet from any Home Depot.

If you want a gutted trailer a lot of hunters and fishermen will take one of these and finish it to their liking.
upload_2016-1-30_15-28-36.png

You can make em as plain or as fancy as you want.

Fury

You're a Snow Bird and nothing wrong with it.

The average here in Texas is about four hundred a month, so I can see the appeal to it...

Fury

The average here in Texas is about four hundred a month, so I can see the appeal to it...
Texas treats Snow birds really well and some the best, smoothest black top highway is in Texas. Those folks can build some damn roads.

Fury

Texas treats Snow birds really well and some the best, smoothest black top highway is in Texas. Those folks can build some damn roads.

Maybe thats why I never understood the whining about highway conditions.
It's all good in Texas.

Fury

It's all good in Texas.

It is never the condition of the roads for me, but the ignorant fool with a cellphone to their ear driving 45 in the far left lane on 59 and then want to take the next exit that they are about to pass...

I HATE DRIVING IN HOUSTON!

Fury

It's all good in Texas.
Missouri is like driving in the third world. Reminded me of Pakistan.
I took 60 across Texas and it was like carpet. Texas just KNOWS how to build a road.

Fury

It's all good in Texas.

It is never the condition of the roads for me, but the ignorant fool with a cellphone to their ear driving 45 in the far left lane on 59 and then want to take the next exit that they are about to pass...

I HATE DRIVING IN HOUSTON!

I'm glad I never had to deal with it that often.
Before I retired I went in at six in the morning and left at two so I avoided all the traffic.
But Texas highways are first rate.

New Topics

Forum List

Back