Linux Windows 10 "Clone"

Hmmm, I might try it of I knew where it was available.

If its better than anything Microsoft puts out and compatible then I am all in

A lot of operating systems are better than what Windows puts out and a lot of operating systems are worse than what Windows puts out, depends on what you use it for and what you prefer. Linux is not Windows and while it "looks" almost exactly like Windows it's still Linux.

Linux drivers usually sucked big time when I was playing with it, especially video and disc drives; it's like they were trying to burn out hardware as fast as possible. I noticed the difference in the first couple years, with the Linux boxes blowing monitors in months and drives in 2-3 months, while the Winblows boxes' hardware lasted for years. That is the main reason I still use winblows; I like 7, and I've had this box since 2008 without having to replace a damn thing. My old MS 'ergonomic' keyboard I'm typing on came with my first PC, a 286 SX by Austin Computer, I bought in the late 1980's, I think, maybe earlier; the SX had only been out a month or so, and the 386 wasn't due out for another 4 months, but I didn't want to wait. Had the new 'huge' 20Mb hard drive on it, and I wondered if I would ever fill up even a third of it at the time, and of course never did, even with WordPerfect, Turbo-C Builder and a bunch of other stuff on it. The Linux gimps jack up the drivers so they can claim 'how much faster it is than Winblows n Stuff!!!'; they seem to be rich kids with nothing to do and can afford to run out and buy new stuff every month or two, and have no clue about making stuff last.

Last edited:
It depends on what you do with your computer. I was pushed towards Linux by a friend and he even tutored me a healthy bit.
If you're doing web/e-mail stuff...linux is great and it's more secure. Even for office stuff.

Encoding video/photoshop-ish/gaming stuff is best on Windows.
Linux doesn't do games well.

Linux drivers usually sucked big time when I was playing with it, especially video and disc drives; it's like they were trying to burn out hardware as fast as possible. I noticed the difference in the first couple years, with the Linux boxes blowing monitors in months and drives in 2-3 months, while the Winblows boxes' hardware lasted for years. That is the main reason I still use winblows; I like 7, and I've had this box since 2008 without having to replace a damn thing. My old MS 'ergonomic' keyboard I'm typing on came with my first PC, a 286 SX by Austin Computer, I bought in the late 1980's, I think, maybe earlier; the SX had only been out a month or so, and the 386 wasn't due out for another 4 months, but I didn't want to wait. Had the new 'huge' 20Mb hard drive on it, and I wondered if I would ever fill up even a third of it at the time, and of course never did, even with WordPerfect, Turbo-C Builder and a bunch of other stuff on it. The Linux gimps jack up the drivers so they can claim 'how much faster it is than Winblows n Stuff!!!'; they seem to be rich kids with nothing to do and can afford to run out and buy new stuff every month or two, and have no clue about making stuff last.
Riiiiight.......... :rolleyes-41:

You are the only person I know of who has EVER made such a claim concerning hardware failures and I've been using Linux for at least a decade. Never seen anything like what you claim so pretty much I'm calling bull shit, probably a simple case of coincidence. Granted the old Linux drivers were not the best but they didn't blow up hardware oh and BTW, welcome to 2020.......... Linux like every other OS out there didn't stand still, if it had there'd be even fewer people using it today, much fewer. Also, you can get proprietary drivers on Linux, have been able to for quite some time..........

Don't worry about Sourceforge, I've been DLing from them since '98.
I put WindowsFX on yesterday, and I like it; but it wiped out the files on my data partitions, including my /home partition. It did not format the partitions, and the recovery app (Testdisk) read the deleted main directories on the partition, but there were no sub-directories or files that I could recover. I have been installing Ubuntu and derivatives since 2008, and have never encountered such an error in doing the partitioning. Still hoping I can find the sub-direcories with something else for the partition that I did not have backed-up recently.

Forum List

Back