Life After Default

Nope.

I'm not ready for a global depression and watching BILLIONS starve to death. I doubt anybody is "ready for" something like that.

That's what Democrats keep saying, but we are there, it's time to stop paying your bar tab. Your spending levels are completely insane

As a fiscal conservative, I'm against deficit spending and also against defaulting on the debt. The deficit and debt are two separate things.

Funny thing about deficits. They seems to have an uncanny way of turning into long term structural debt, like the $33 trillion we have now.

Our payback each year on the debt is more than what we spend on defense.

Guess who is getting a large amount of that interest? Biden's Chinese buddies.

As a fiscal conservative, I'm against deficit spending and also against defaulting on the debt. The deficit and debt are two separate things.
I'm not, or wasn't until 2007, worried too much about the structural debt of soc sec and medicare, because when we boomers die off, the deficits will decline.

But in 2000 W beat Gore (sorta) by telling us we can vote ourselves a tax cut rather than restructuring middle class entitlements. I realize us boomers are useless, spoiled, ready to change ideology when its convenient, and more than happy to send other people's kids to die or be maimed ..... but I doubt the millennials will prove better.

Funny thing about deficits. They seems to have an uncanny way of turning into long term structural debt, like the $33 trillion we have now.

Our payback each year on the debt is more than what we spend on defense.

Guess who is getting a large amount of that interest? Biden's Chinese buddies.

That's very true but I don't approve of handling that $33 trillion in like fashion that Biden views the solution to handling college loans.

Default is inevitable, I’d say. You can’t raise taxes enough, alone, to get the debt paid off, and there is no political will to cut spending (and even if there were those people would be voted out before it could do any good). So, default is inevitable.
The enemies of the Republic deliberately bankrupted us. Democrooks do not get all the blame, because the sociopath traitors that own that criminal syndicate have plenty of republicrats on the payroll as well. The Coward/Piven strategy was used by our enemies, and I'm confident we will see a collapse of the dollar in the next 10 years and the global collectivists will introduce a global currency to replace it.

At least that's what I perceive the results will be.

I'm not, or wasn't until 2007, worried too much about the structural debt of soc sec and medicare, because when we boomers die off, the deficits will decline.

But in 2000 W beat Gore (sorta) by telling us we can vote ourselves a tax cut rather than restructuring middle class entitlements. I realize us boomers are useless, spoiled, ready to change ideology when its convenient, and more than happy to send other people's kids to die or be maimed ..... but I doubt the millennials will prove better.
Sorta my ass. You bed wetters have questioned every election you couldn't cheat in and win ever since. W beat that environazi fraud fairly.

piss yourself, bed wetter. LOL the dems didn't attack the capitol over gore. And i voted for W! That time.
You're the bed wetter comrade, and no one "attacked" the capitol except for queen antifa's minions and federal agent provocateurs. Everyone else was there to protest the failure of the government to thwart a fraudulent election . BTW you can ignore the fuckin BOMBINGS leftist pieces of shit like you committed in DC over the years as well as the months you pieces of shit spent destroying numerous cities and communities after a piece of shit thug OD'd and died in custody.

Worm.

So the gist of your argument for default is that no one will cut spending unless we cause a completely manufactured crisis that will lower GDP , cost hundreds of thousands of jobs, and possibly cause a Recession…

Horse shit

Nope, I didn’t say any of that. I said l, if you look up a few posts, “default is irresponsible as well as is blindly spending”…or something to that effect.

What I AM saying is, we can’t keep doing what we’re doing. Government spends like an drunken sailor, and what do they care, it’s not THEIR money, it’s ours. All those people in congress are either rich, or they will be taken care of. If we go into recession or depression, if we get downgraded, or if the stock market tanks, those people don’t feel it. They are in government. They will always get their pay, they will always get their benefits, they will never have to worry about not having enough money to make ends meet, or have to choose between food and medicine, or gas and rent.

So, when it comes to spending OUR money, yes, I demand accountability, and I demand them to spend OUR money wisely. That’s not too much to ask. The first thing they can do is to make sensible budgets and spend what we have…not what they want to have later on down the line.

Why do we need to borrow money for our massive bloated Federal government when we are already $33 trillion in debt?

Isn't that stupid as shit?

We take in over $5 trillion in revenue so why not spend that and be happy? Why do we have go out and borrow another trillion and half? $5 trillion is a tremendous amount and more than the GDP of all but three or four countries on earth.

Here is just a small list of things the Democrats want to go in debt to fund.

• Giving ineligible citizens COVID Economic Injury Disaster Grants (SBA)…..$4,500,000,000
  • Using COVID relief funds to construct an 11,000 square foot spa…………….. $140,000,000
  • Using COVID relief funds to purchase luxury cars ……………………………..$31,500,000
  • Wisconsin school using COVID relief funds to upgrade turf fields………………..$1,600,000
  • Camouflage uniforms that do not fit the Afghanistan environment (DOD)……..$28,000,000
  • Funding a 1.5-mile park in Austin, Texas, used for yoga and concerts (DOD)…….$9,000,000
  • Starbucks espresso machines (DOD)………………………………………………$192,592
  • Interest Payments on the Debt (Treasury)……………………………………$475,000,000,000
  • Maintaining 77,000 empty Federal buildings (GSA)……………………………$1,700,000,000
  • “Basic education” projects in Jordan (USAID)………………………………….$210,069,000
  • Expanding the Washington, D.C. Streetcar that’s rarely used and unreliable…….$175,000,000
  • Helping illegal immigrants avoid deportation (DHS)………………………….. $168,000,000
  • Mismanaged and un-tracked fuel purchases (State)……………………………… $77,000,000
  • Subsidizing the free New York Staten Island Ferry (DOT)………………………..$70,000,000
  • Overpaying government contractors for a terminated contract (GSA)…………..$69,000,000
  • East Baton Rouge unused federal housing grants (HUD)…………………………$13,400,000
  • Boosting the Tunisia travel sector during COVID-19 (USAID)………………….$50,000,000
  • Unused hotel rooms for illegal immigrants (DHS)……………………………….$17,000,000
  • Constructing a Gandhi museum…………………………. ………………………..$3,000,000
  • Watching hamsters fight on steroids (NIH)………………………………………..$3,000,000
  • Super Bowl commercials telling you to fill out the Census (Commerce)…………$2,500,000
  • Injecting 6-month-old beagle puppies with cocaine (NIH)…………………………$2,300,000
  • Encouraging Ethiopians to wear shoes (NIH)………………………………………………$2,100,000
  • Training mice to binge drink alcohol (NIH)……………………………………….$1,100,000
  • Studying the romance between parrots (NSF)……………………………………………$689,222
  • Studying the social life and collective intelligence of ants (NSF)……………………..$675,000
  • Using mice to study racial aggression (NIH)…………………………………………$519,828
  • Redeveloping the United States hard cider market (USDA)……………………….. $491,794
  • A radio campaign telling drivers to stop at railroad crossings (DOT)………………..$200,000
  • Verifying that kids love their pets (NIH)……………………………………………$187,500
  • Researching if Thanos could snap his fingers wearing the infinity gauntlet (NSF)..$118,971
Lol, I like the one about spending so that mice can get drunk..

“Hey Fred…uuhhhh, why duuuu ttthey kep gurving ush thish aaaallcohull shtuff hic…I love you ya lil fugger..”

We haven’t had a balanced budget in decades.

What cracks me up is the born again debt hawks who silently watched Trump blow the debt up now are willing to blow up the entire economy … over debt.

Trump added FIVE TRILLION to it in 2020 alone (yeah I know… Covid).

Biden was also dealing with COVID and only added 3T in two years

Come on, let’s be honest here. Like wasn’t 4T of that from Covid spending? You can’t really blame him there. If he hadn’t spent that money, you dems would be here blaming him for not spending money.

Lol, I like the one about spending so that mice can get drunk..

“Hey Fred…uuhhhh, why duuuu ttthey kep gurving ush thish aaaallcohull shtuff hic…I love you ya lil fugger..”
How about spending billions to build EV charging stations?

Why don't the people that buy the EVs pay for their own charging stations?

Then you have money going to India to build electric buses. You would think that if they can afford to send a rocket to the moon they could afford to build their own electric buses without the American taxpayers funding them, wouldn't you?

How about spending billions to build EV charging stations?

Why don't the people that buy the EVs pay for their own charging stations?

Then you have money going to India to build electric buses. You would think that if they can afford to send a rocket to the moon they could afford to build their own electric buses without the American taxpayers funding them, wouldn't you?
I’m curious..if the government is spending money to build ev stations..who runs and maintains them? The government? Is that legal? Can the federal government be a business owner? How does that work with competition? Do they build them and then sell them to someone? Again, can the federal government be entrepreneurs? How does that work.

That's what Democrats keep saying, but we are there, it's time to stop paying your bar tab. Your spending levels are completely insane

That's the same as saying "Welp...we all have to die some time...may as well kill myself right now".

I don't subscribe to that philosophy!

Come on, let’s be honest here. Like wasn’t 4T of that from Covid spending? You can’t really blame him there. If he hadn’t spent that money, you dems would be here blaming him for not spending money.
True enough but the same people who want to blow up the economy over debt said NOTHING while Trump added that and Three trillion more precovid to the debt.

Don’t try to sound reasonable. You ain’t

I’m curious..if the government is spending money to build ev stations..who runs and maintains them? The government? Is that legal? Can the federal government be a business owner? How does that work with competition? Do they build them and then sell them to someone? Again, can the federal government be entrepreneurs? How does that work.
You gonna blow up the economy over fucking EV STATIONS?

Fuck off

True enough but the same people who want to blow up the economy over debt said NOTHING while Trump added that and Three trillion more precovid to the debt.

Don’t try to sound reasonable. You ain’t

Nope, trumps debt increase in no better than bidens. By the way, we were arguing about budgets and debt ceiling..not the debt increase. All I’m asking for is a REAL budget…not this monstrosity of what they are doing now.

You gonna blow up the economy over fucking EV STATIONS?

Fuck off
What the….

Ok…you all are WAAAAAY to hypersensitive. I didn’t mention anything about blowing up the economy over ev stations. I just asked, if the government builds them…who runs them?

I don’t get the hostility, I just asked a question.

Forum List

Back