Libs destroying the education system: California mandates gay history be taught

Main article: Moscone–Milk assassinations

After his disagreement with Milk over the proposed rehab center, White frequently clashed with Milk as well as other members of the board. On November 10, 1978, White resigned his seat as supervisor.[5] The reasons he cited were his dissatisfaction with what he saw as the corrupt inner-workings of San Francisco city politics, as well as the difficulty in making a living without a police officer's or firefighter's salary, jobs he could not hold legally while serving as supervisor. White had opened a baked-potato stand at Pier 39, which failed to become profitable.[6] He reversed his resignation on November 14, 1978 after his supporters lobbied him to seek appointment from George Moscone.

Moscone initially agreed to White's request, but later refused the appointment at the urging of Milk and others. On November 27, 1978, White visited San Francisco City Hall with the later-declared intention of killing Moscone, Milk, and two other San Francisco politicians whom he also blamed for lobbying Moscone not to re-appointment him. He arrived that day by climbing through a first-floor window on the side of City Hall carrying a loaded gun and 10 rounds of ammunition. By entering the building through the window, White was able to circumvent the recently installed metal detectors. After entering Moscone's office, White pleaded to be re-instated as supervisor, but Moscone said no. White then killed Moscone by shooting him in the shoulder, chest, and twice in the head. He then walked to the other side of City Hall to Milk's office, reloaded his gun, and fatally shot Milk five times, the final two shots fired with the gun's barrel touching Milk's skull, according to the medical examiner. White then fled City Hall, turning himself in at the San Francisco's Northern Police Station where he had been a police officer. While being interviewed by investigators, White recorded a tearful confession, stating, "I just shot him."

Nothing about Milk being gay is there?
If White thought things were corrupt, why did he want his job back? That's right, he did...after he resigned. The man was a loony....remember, the twinkies made him do it.

It doesn't change the cold hard fact that Harvey Milk's being gay had nothing to do with his assassination but that will not be taught in the schools. What will be taught in an outright lie.

Of course toleration of minorities can be taught in public school.

Yes. Mostly by simply having kids of different colors next to each other in class and correcting them when racism pops up.

There's no need to spend valuable class time on it.

That is called the hidden curriculum. Of course discussion happens when racism is brought up. When it continues in the classroom, lessons are appropriate..

When teachers taught the classes merged with white middle class and innercity kids (many who were minorities - bussing), the stress was appreciation of everyone in the class. In my class it worked very well.

After his disagreement with Milk over the proposed rehab center, White frequently clashed with Milk as well as other members of the board. On November 10, 1978, White resigned his seat as supervisor.[5] The reasons he cited were his dissatisfaction with what he saw as the corrupt inner-workings of San Francisco city politics, as well as the difficulty in making a living without a police officer's or firefighter's salary, jobs he could not hold legally while serving as supervisor. White had opened a baked-potato stand at Pier 39, which failed to become profitable.[6] He reversed his resignation on November 14, 1978 after his supporters lobbied him to seek appointment from George Moscone.

Moscone initially agreed to White's request, but later refused the appointment at the urging of Milk and others. On November 27, 1978, White visited San Francisco City Hall with the later-declared intention of killing Moscone, Milk, and two other San Francisco politicians whom he also blamed for lobbying Moscone not to re-appointment him. He arrived that day by climbing through a first-floor window on the side of City Hall carrying a loaded gun and 10 rounds of ammunition. By entering the building through the window, White was able to circumvent the recently installed metal detectors. After entering Moscone's office, White pleaded to be re-instated as supervisor, but Moscone said no. White then killed Moscone by shooting him in the shoulder, chest, and twice in the head. He then walked to the other side of City Hall to Milk's office, reloaded his gun, and fatally shot Milk five times, the final two shots fired with the gun's barrel touching Milk's skull, according to the medical examiner. White then fled City Hall, turning himself in at the San Francisco's Northern Police Station where he had been a police officer. While being interviewed by investigators, White recorded a tearful confession, stating, "I just shot him."

If White thought things were corrupt, why did he want his job back? That's right, he did...after he resigned. The man was a loony....remember, the twinkies made him do it.

It doesn't change the cold hard fact that Harvey Milk's being gay had nothing to do with his assassination but that will not be taught in the schools. What will be taught in an outright lie.

Your slant won't be taught because it is not true.

Your slant won't be taught because it is not true.

Of course it's true. Your position is pretty much WHY truth isn't taught any more, nor will it ever.

So why was Milk killed and not the other City Reps?

Your position is why critical thinking skills keeps being taught to help folks like you.

Can you describe the corruption for us? :popcorn:

Right wingers made White a "hero". Even his name was "right". Until he got out of prison. Seems no one wants to live next to a murderer. Especially one who killed a family man with 5 children. Dan ended his pitiful existence by committing suicide. Too bad he didn't do that about 6 years earlier.

Can you please describe the facts upon which you base a belief that Milk was killed for no other reason than he was gay?

Can you please describe the facts upon which you base a belief that Milk was killed for no other reason than he was gay?

You made a claim and have offered no solid, substantive facts for it.

Your claim summarily fails until you do so.

Typical lib.

I gave you the facts of the case. There is no basis on which it could be claimed that Harvey Milk was killed because he was gay. Since Mayor Moscone was also shot, the concept of Milk being killed solely because he was gay is sort of moot.

It does make for a good agenda supporting legend.

Now you are moving to solely and you are ignoring collateral damage that often happens in assassinations.

You have to show us that absolutely no evidence can support that the assassination was not about Milk's orientation.

Interesting that Milk has been brought up. I actually taught sections about Milk in my history class. The information I conveyed to my students was his background as a gay activist and his rise to office due to the backing of the gay community. However, I pointed out that his murder was probably not motivated by his homosexuality since White targeted both Milk and Moscone. Moscone was not just "residual damage." He was specifically targeted by White and in fact upon entering the City Hall building he went directly to Moscone's office before even looking for Milk. Additionally, White was a harsh political opponent of Milk after Milk switched his vote on an issue regarding a mental health clinic. White and Milk had previously been allies on that issue and Milk withdrew his support at the final vote. It was a huge issue for White's district and after that they became political enemies.

White's decision to murder Moscone and Milk stemmed from Moscone refusing to reinstate White and Milk's political opposition. Homosexuality had nothing to do with it and in fact had Milk not changed his vote on the mental health clinic issue White probably would have further regarded him as a political ally.

And yes we discussed the Twinkie Defense.

Last edited:
Interesting that Milk has been brought up. I actually taught sections about Milk in my history class. The information I conveyed to my students was his background as a gay activist and his rise to office due to the backing of the gay community. However, I pointed out that his murder was probably not motivated by his homosexuality since White targeted both Milk and Moscone. Moscone was not just "residual damage." He was specifically targeted by White and in fact upon entering the City Hall building he went directly to Moscone's office before even looking for Milk. Additionally, White was a harsh political opponent of Milk after Milk switched his vote on an issue regarding a mental health clinic. White and Milk had previously been allies on that issue and Milk withdrew his support at the final vote. It was a huge issue for White's district and after that they became political enemies.

White's decision to murder Moscone and Milk stemmed from Moscone refusing to reinstate White and Milk's political opposition. Homosexuality had nothing to do with it and in fact had Milk not changed his vote on the mental health clinic issue White probably would have further regarded him as a political ally.

As truthful and factual as your explanation is, it is unlikely that many minds will be changed. Harvey Milk was killed because he was gay. That is a political truth, even if a factual lie.

As truthful and factual as your explanation is, it is unlikely that many minds will be changed. Harvey Milk was killed because he was gay. That is a political truth, even if a factual lie.

Point taken and conceded.

As an educator I don't have an issue discussing the history of homosexuality so long as it is presented accurately and responsibly. In regards to Milk I don't see an issue with discussing how homosexuality was perceived in San Francisco in the 1970's, discussing the fact that homosexuals were often the subjects of random acts of violence and received very little protection from law enforcement, that Milk was a major force in uniting the gay community to demand rights and protections, and that he was eventually killed giving an accurate depiction of why he was killed.

All of that is accurate, it's part of our history, and that's fine. However, if it's portrayed as "this poor, gentle soul, Harvey Milk, who wanted nothing more than to help his community in the face of oppression and was ruthlessly murdered by a maniac, who said the twinkies made him do it, in order to exact revenge on the gay community." Ok well that's total bullshit and any instructor who would present the lesson that way has no damn business in a classroom.

In addition, I'm sure that what will be taught is the fabricated PC version of gay history.

Anyone who sends their children to public school should be prosecuted for child neglect.

This will give the kids more material for new faggot jokes

Forum List

Back