Liberals, Surely Now It's Time for CAR Control

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Some liberals will say that the terrorist car attack in NYC is the price we have to pay for the freedom to own and drive cars. But surely, surely most liberals will now support extensive car control, including severe restrictions on car ownership in heavily populated areas. After today's car attack in NYC, surely every sane, humane person can see that it is time for drastic changes in the availability of cars and the freedom to drive them. Here's what we need, for starters:

* An extensive background check on anyone who wants to own a car, whether they buy it from a private party or from a car dealership.

* An extensive background check on anyone who wants to rent a car.

* Restrictions on how rapidly a car can accelerate if it will be driven in cities with a population of more than 20,000.

* A limit of 20 mph on the top speed that cars can attain when driven in or near an inner city or suburbs.

Liberals, surely most of you will rise to the occasion now and do the right thing. It is time for America's fetish with car ownership to come to an end. Civilized nations are better than this. Cars kill people.

Some liberals will say that the terrorist car attack in NYC is the price we have to pay for the freedom to own and drive cars. But surely, surely most liberals will now support extensive car control, including severe restrictions on car ownership in heavily populated areas. After today's car attack in NYC, surely every sane, humane person can see that it is time for drastic changes in the availability of cars and the freedom to drive them. Here's what we need, for starters:

* An extensive background check on anyone who wants to own a car, whether they buy it from a private party or from a car dealership.

* Restrictions on how rapidly a car can accelerate if it will be driven in cities with a population of more than 20,000.

* A limit of 20 mph on the top speed that cars can attain when driven in or near an inner city or suburbs.

Liberals, surely most of you will rise to the occasion now and do the right thing. It is time for America's fetish with car ownership to come to an end. Civilized nations are better than this. Cars kill people.
Wow. It's like you read the script I have posted on this forum many times and incorporated it!

LIBTARD: Guns just killed some more people. We must ban them.

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

RUBE: WE MUST BAN MUSLIMS!!!

The liberals are the first culprits because they are the ones who accept the terrorist Muslims who defend them who protect them.
As in my country in France after the attack in Nice, the Liberals still did not want to see the horror of what happened.
They are heartless towards the victims, they do not see the suffering.
As if it would never happen.
Nice survivors in photo after the Attack.

nice-terrorist-attack-0007.jpg

Cars are already far more controlled than guns. Drivers have to be tested and licensed periodically. Vehicles must be inspected and licensed every year or two. Liability insurance must be carried at all times. Traffic rules must be followed or violators may be punished by fine and/or loss of their driver's license.

Gun owners don't have to be trained, tested, licensed, or insured. They just have to be 21 and pass a background check if they buy from a dealer.

Cars are already far more controlled than guns. Drivers have to be tested and licensed periodically. Vehicles must be inspected and licensed every year or two. Liability insurance must be carried at all times. Traffic rules must be followed or violators may be punished by fine and/or loss of their driver's license.

Gun owners don't have to be trained, tested, licensed, or insured. They just have to be 21 and pass a background check if they buy from a dealer.
But you forget (awwww) driving a car isn't a right.

Guns can be regulated just like cars can.

Why? We don't really care about these things unless they happen to us personally....Las Vegas only affected those it happened to.....Sandy Hook only affected those it happened to....and so on.

No they cant, you lie, again. I dont have to have a gun inspected every year. I don't have to have a license to buy a gun or have a gun or use a gun. There is no speed limit for bullets. I don't have to wear a seat belt to use a gun. My kid can use the gun with no license. My bullets doesn't have to stop at the red light.

No they cant, you lie, again. I dont have to have a gun inspected every year. I don't have to have a license to buy a gun or have a gun or use a gun. There is no speed limit for bullets. I don't have to wear a seat belt to use a gun. My kid can use the gun with no license. My bullets doesn't have to stop at the red light.
You prove my point. Cars are far more regulated than guns. Any yahoo can have a gun. There is no control over anything. People aren't vetted, properly trained, and don't even carry liability insurance for the damage they can cause. Guns aren't inspected, and many may be unsafe to use. Of course, if anyone even suggests some of these things, expect a shitstorm of hysteria in return.

But clearly more car control is needed. Just look at the deaths and injuries caused by cars each year. So obviously we do not regulate cars enough. Indeed, clearly it is time to rethink America's fetish with private car ownership. After all, people don't kill people--cars kill people. If people weren't driving so many cars, there would be far fewer car-related deaths.

But clearly more car control is needed. Just look at the deaths and injuries caused by cars each year. So obviously we do not regulate cars enough. Indeed, clearly it is time to rethink America's fetish with private car ownership. After all, people don't kill people--cars kill people. If people weren't driving so many cars, there would be far fewer car-related deaths.
Meh, pretty soon cars will be automated anyway.

Just yesterday in the Washington, D.C., area, a man deliberately ran over two people with his car. But count on liberals to say that this is just the price we must pay for the freedom to own and drive cars.

As the law stands now, I can walk into a car dealership and buy a car with no criminal background check and no mental health check. As long as I can pay for the car with cash or financing, and can display proof of car insurance, I can drive off with a machine that kills far more people per year than guns kill.

Liberals, why won't you be civilized and humane and starting supporting strict car control laws?

Forum List

Back