Liberals in Illinois demand firearm confiscation

Liberals are dishonest.

The lying bastards tell you they "support the Second Amendment" and are for "common sense gun control" but then their action is always for banning and confiscation.

Here the filthy ass Libtards in Illinois are demanding gun confiscation.

Don't ever trust a Liberal with either your money, Liberty or security because they will lie to you.

This is despicable.

Illinois House Passes Bill Requiring 18-20-Year-Olds to Hand Over Certain Semi-Automatic Firearms

Illinois Bill Requiring 18-20-Year-Olds to Hand Over Certain Semi-Automatic Firearms Moves to Senate

A bill requiring 18-20 year olds to hand over or transfer ownership of heretofore legally possessed “assault weapons” is gaining sponsors in the Illinois Senate after passing the House last month.

The bill, HB 1465, was sponsored in the House by Rep. Michelle Mussman (D-Schaumburg) and passed by a vote of 64-51 on February 28.

After being introduced in the upper house by Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago), the bill has added seven co-sponsors in the last week. Notable among them was Sen. Jim Oberweis (R-Sugar Grove), the NRA “A” rated 2014 Republican nominee for U.S. Senate.

The NRA-ILA described the weapons covered by HB 1465 as “commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.” The bill also requires 18-20-year-olds to forfeit ownership of any magazines that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition.

Some one should provide these commie MFs the definition of an ex post facto law.

i think it was in here last night where someone said they knew most killings and damage was done w/handguns but they'd never get 'em, so they demonize the AR and go for it instead and say "well at least we got something".

They will get the semi-automatic handgun ... After the AR-15 ban doesn't work at stopping the shooters.
It's what they do ... They are in it for the long-game.

Look at how many grabbers come to threads after a tragedy ... Mock and ridicule posters who suggest they want to take our firearms away.
Then give them a few weeks ... And the same posters are in a thread supporting banning firearms across the board.

They have the ... "simply say whatever it takes, and do whatever you can get away with" ... Mentality.

yea, the funniest MEME i've seen lately is a confused pic of trump going A YEAR AGO THEY WERE CALLING ME A NAZI, NOW THEY WANT ME TO TAKE GUNS AWAY...

they just *want*. dunno what or why, but they can't be up front about it and then wonder why no one trusts them.

Liberals are dishonest.

The lying bastards tell you they "support the Second Amendment" and are for "common sense gun control" but then their action is always for banning and confiscation.

Don't ever trust a Liberal with either your money, Liberty or security because they will lie to you.

This is despicable.

Illinois House Passes Bill Requiring 18-20-Year-Olds to Hand Over Certain Semi-Automatic Firearms

Illinois Bill Requiring 18-20-Year-Olds to Hand Over Certain Semi-Automatic Firearms Moves to Senate

A bill requiring 18-20 year olds to hand over or transfer ownership of heretofore legally possessed “assault weapons” is gaining sponsors in the Illinois Senate after passing the House last month.

The bill, HB 1465, was sponsored in the House by Rep. Michelle Mussman (D-Schaumburg) and passed by a vote of 64-51 on February 28.

After being introduced in the upper house by Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago), the bill has added seven co-sponsors in the last week. Notable among them was Sen. Jim Oberweis (R-Sugar Grove), the NRA “A” rated 2014 Republican nominee for U.S. Senate.

The NRA-ILA described the weapons covered by HB 1465 as “commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.” The bill also requires 18-20-year-olds to forfeit ownership of any magazines that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition.

Some one should provide these commie MFs the definition of an ex post facto law.

Yeah ... Even when the federal government threatened the state of Louisiana into raising the drinking age to 21 ...
By refusing to give them funding for interstates ... All those between the age of 18 and 21 were "grandfathered in" and could still buy alcohol.

There would be no reason to confiscate firearms ... If expo facto were enforced.

Liberals are dishonest.

This is despicable.

Yeah ... Even when the federal government threatened the state of Louisiana into raising the drinking age to 21 ...
By refusing to give them funding for interstates ... All those between the age of 18 and 21 were grandfathered in and could still buy alcohol.

There would be now reason to confiscate firearms ... If expo facto were enforced.

You might want to check the definition yourself, you obviously have no clue what it means. Put your thinking cap on your little pea brain and see if you can figure out the difference in criminalizing new actions vs previous actions. You regressives crack me up.

You might want to check the definition yourself, you obviously have no clue what it means. Put your thinking cap on your little pea brain and see if you can figure out the difference in criminalizing new actions vs previous actions. You regressives crack me up.

I know how it was applied ... It meant that 18 year olds who already had the ability to legally buy alcohol could not have their ability to do so removed by a new law.
Hence ... They could not be criminals for being in violation of the new law.

I actually know what the fuck I am talking about ... :thup:

I know how it was applied ... It meant that 18 year olds who already had the ability to legally buy alcohol could not have their ability to do so removed by a new law.
Hence ... They could not be criminals for being in violation of the new law.

I actually know what the fuck I am talking about ... :thup:

Wrong answer ignorant one, it means they could not punish 18 to 20 year olds who bought alcohol before the law was passed. It only affected new purchases.

Wrong answer ignorant one, it means they could not punish 18 to 20 year olds who bought alcohol before the law was passed. It only affected new purchases.

You are wrong ... Those who were 18 before the law was passed could buy alcohol after the law was passed.
Those who were 17 when the law was passed ... Had to wait until they were 21 before they could buy alcohol.
Those born in 1967 was the cut-off year ... And anyone born after had to wait to 21.

That was specifically because of expo facto (after the fact or retroactive).
The law could not make it illegal for those 18 to buy alcohol ... Because it was legal for them when the law was passed.

I know it was that way ... And I know they could purchase alcohol/go to bars ... After the law was passed.

Edit:
  1. Ex post facto law
    An ex post facto law is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law

Last edited:

You are wrong ... Those who were 18 before the law was passed could buy alcohol after the law was passed.
Those who were 17 when the law was passed ... Had to wait until they were 21 before they could buy alcohol.
Those born in 1967 was the cut-off year ... And anyone born after had to wait to 21.

That was specifically because of expo facto.
The law could not make it illegal for those 18 to buy alcohol ... Because it was legal for them when the law was passed.

I know it was that way ... And I know they could purchase alcohol/go to bars ... After the law was passed.

If that was the case the legislature chose to do it that way, they could have made new purchases illegal for those folks and any court would have held it Constitutional. Ex post facto (after the fact) means criminalizing previous actions.

Ex post facto law
An ex post facto law is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law.

That was specifically because of expo facto.

If that was the case the legislature chose to do it that way, they could have made new purchases illegal for those folks and any court would have held it Constitutional. Ex post facto (after the fact) means criminalizing previous actions.

Ex post facto law
An ex post facto law is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law.

I quoted the same in an edit ... It is what I have been saying all along.

If they criminalize 18-20 year olds having "assault weapons' (by their definition) ...
Then there is no need to confiscate weapons if expo facto is considered.

They could keep those 17 and under from purchasing the banned firearms ...
But that doesn't mean they need to confiscate firearms that are already owned.

Note:
If it was at the federal standard (which it isn't) ... They would have a harder time when considering expo facto.
There is no age requirement in federal law that prohibits anyone from owning a rifle and ammunition.
If that were the case ... They couldn't stop anyone born before the law was passed.

I seriously doubt expo facto will be considered though.

Last edited:
Liberals are dishonest.

This is despicable.

They again forgot that Americans will be voting on the election day.

Not their communist friends.

Liberals are dishonest.

This is despicable.

They again forgot that Americans will be voting on the election day.

Not their communist friends.

Unfortunately in Illinois the welfare queens, illegals and stupid Moon Bats in Chicago out number the real Americans in the state.

Liberals are dishonest.

This is despicable.

Good.

Should be 18-25, but we'll take 20.

TRIGGERED GUN NUTTERS!!!

parkland3_640x345_acf_cropped.jpg

dude, if I could I'd throw em all out both parties. I ask you to tell me how to do that? don't say vote, cause blacks are responsible for all the trash that exists in there, cause they always vote demoloser.

Well ... That's something I suggest you get to working on doing.

I know how we secured our firearm rights here.
We changed our state Constitution to ensure the people of this state don't suffer the nonsense you are looking at in Illinois in regards to your firearms liberties.

It isn't easy ... But the best way is to take it to the people.
When the people have to vote on the Constitution ... It doesn't make a difference what the politicians want.

The amendment here passed with over 70% approval ... And the gun grabbers have nothing (until people like you keep making it a federal issue).
Did people get to vote on the amendment or did the legislators?

You know what is going to happen, don't you?

Do you have any idea how many cops (and cops' wives) have mental health diagnoses?

They are going to get all rah-rah about this stupidity..and then they're going to find it means they lose their jobs.

Enter the beautiful shiny SS of our age...young idealistic lunatics from the universities who will step into their spots.

I will be shocked if Rauner signs it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Then prepared to be shocked......he is holding off till the primary is over since Jeanne Ives, the Republican challenger is Pro 2nd Amendment and has the best record on gun rights...her campaign returned my call and said she won't sign that bill...

Rauner is a democrat in Republican suits....he is going to sign that bill as soon as he can...
:clap::clap::clap::clap: another Illinoisan!!!

Liberals are dishonest.

This is despicable.

They want common sense gun control and taking 'certain semi-automatic firearms' away from kids younger than 21 IS COMMON SENSE.

You've got nothing to have a hissy fit about if you are over 21. If you are under 21: stop bitching and wait to grow up. End of.

Bull shit Moon Bat! You are either confused or simply spouting mindless Libtard anti Consitutional hate.

According to the FBI stats very few rifles are used in crimes and very few of them are ARs or other firearms that you idiot Moon Bats call "assault weapons".

The great majority of gun crimes are in Democrat controlled big city ghetto areas with cheap stolen handguns that have strict gun control laws.
she doesn't care about any statistics. none of them do on any subject.

Liberals are dishonest.

This is despicable.

They want common sense gun control and taking 'certain semi-automatic firearms' away from kids younger than 21 IS COMMON SENSE.

You've got nothing to have a hissy fit about if you are over 21. If you are under 21: stop bitching and wait to grow up. End of.

Bull shit Moon Bat! You are either confused or simply spouting mindless Libtard anti Consitutional hate.

According to the FBI stats very few rifles are used in crimes and very few of them are ARs or other firearms that you idiot Moon Bats call "assault weapons".

The great majority of gun crimes are in Democrat controlled big city ghetto areas with cheap stolen handguns that have strict gun control laws.
she doesn't care about any statistics. none of them do on any subject.
they like fake statistics like they like fake news.

I will be shocked if Rauner signs it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Then prepared to be shocked......he is holding off till the primary is over since Jeanne Ives, the Republican challenger is Pro 2nd Amendment and has the best record on gun rights...her campaign returned my call and said she won't sign that bill...

Rauner is a democrat in Republican suits....he is going to sign that bill as soon as he can...

I know all about Rauner, I too am a resident of the state. We shall see.

Did people get to vote on the amendment or did the legislators?

I don't know what the requirements for your state are ... But generally amendments to the Constitution require ratification by the People.

The margin would have been closer if it had been left to the politicians and along party lines ...
But when the people were allowed to speak their mind ... It was abundantly clear.

I was surprised it passed so overwhelmingly.

Edit:
Although I think it can best be explained by the fact that with a Constitutional Amendment ...
You are voting for one thing ... Not a party, and not a whole platform of legislation.

People can like or dislike chocolate ice cream ... If they ask you to vote, that is simple.
If they ask you to vote on who you want deciding what flavors of ice cream are available ... Then you get into trouble having to assume what the people really want.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back