Liberals Being Liberals

I
I'm st
The following is a prime example of the sort of thing one has come to expect from the Liberal elites.....
This, being the 23rd of August, an appropriate time to remind all...

1. Here is the background: August 23, 1927 Nicola Sacco and BartolomeoVanzetti were electrocuted in Boston for killing two men in a Mass. payroll hold-up April 15, 1920.

a, The Democrat Governor of Massachusetts, [Michael] Dukakis declared August 23, 1977, the 50th anniversary of their execution, as Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti Memorial Day.His proclamation, issued in English and Italian, stated that Sacco and Vanzetti had been unfairly tried and convicted and that "any disgrace should be forever removed from their names." Sacco and Vanzetti - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Liberals being Liberals.

2. That was in 1977...

" In 1961, a test of Sacco's gun using modern forensic techniques apparently proved it was his gun that killed the guard, though little evidence has been found to substantiate Vanzetti's guilt. In 1977, Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis issued a proclamation vindicating Sacco and Vanzetti, stating that they had been treated unjustly and that no stigma should be associated with their names."
Sacco and Vanzetti executed mdash History.com This Day in History mdash 8 23 1927

3. " Anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were a cause celebre of the 1920s, convicted of murder and executed after a trial many felt was a farce. Author Upton Sinclair wrote extensively about the case. Newly discovered letters reveal his suspicions that the men were guilty." Sacco and Vanzetti Guilty After All NPR

4. Liberal Democrat Dukakis taking the side of felons? Killers?

Is it a doctrine of Liberalism to always bend over backwards in favor of the criminal?
" On April 15, 1920, a paymaster for a shoe company in South Braintree,Massachusetts, was shot and killed along with his guard. "
History.com

What about the two victims??? Anyone know their names?
Why didn't Democrat Dukakis excoriate all to the jurors in the case....by name....you know, the way Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson is being excoriated?

5. Dukakis was not just a Democrat....he was chosen by the Democrat Party to be their nominee for President of the United States. They sure must have loved him....and, one assumes, endorsed his views of the judicial system and of convicted felons.

Sacco and Vanzetti were not his only pet felons.

PC I find it amazing that you do not see the fallacy of taking anecdotal examples and generalizing them to liberals as a whole. It is a shocking lack of basic critical thinking skills.

Imagine if I said republicans are adulterers! and gave you one or two examples of republicans getting caught in sex scandals with male or female prostitutes. Would you say to yourself "oh my god he's right! Republicans are dogs!" No of course you wouldn't. You would dismiss my claim as being short sided and anecdotal. The same logic applies to liberals however.

As usual you demonstrate that you don't even know the objective definition of the American liberal.

"PC I find it amazing that you do not see the fallacy blah blah blah...."

There are no fallacies.

You are a simple fellow, so I'll give you a simple answer.

If you voted for Obama I will blame you for every iniquity of his regime.

It's not my problem that you were remiss in vetting this fraud.

That applies double to Dukakis ! He was the Democrat Liberal pick for President....and his views were well known.

If you don't wish to be tarred with that brush.....don't vote Democrat Liberal.

The rest of the thread will paint an even worse picture of the party you signed up with.

I'm starting to think you don't even know what fallacies are.

"I'm starting to think..."

That'll be the day, BillyZeroIQ

If I am as dumb as you suggest, why can't you come up with a decent response to my first post?

WHAT????

If you are dumb.....why can't I ?????????

I'm responsible for dumbing down posts????

Let me guess: you're a government school grad.
You remain the poster equivalent of Windows Vista.

My response was post #11

Yeah and post #11 sucked. You completely missed the point as usual. I made no mention of Obama nor was I defending any of the dems in your post. The point is that you use anecdotal cases to make sweeping generalizations about an entire ideology. It's dumb and is not a relevant argument against the merits of being liberal.

"... make sweeping generalizations...."

Stop begging to be shielded from responsibility after putting these anti-American sociopaths in office.

I will hold you and every Democrat/Liberal responsible for their vote.

You may think of me as the star-spangled hammer.

I think of you as intellectually lazy and nauseating.

I
I'm st
The following is a prime example of the sort of thing one has come to expect from the Liberal elites.....

1. Here is the background: August 23, 1927 Nicola Sacco and BartolomeoVanzetti were electrocuted in Boston for killing two men in a Mass. payroll hold-up April 15, 1920.

a, The Democrat Governor of Massachusetts, [Michael] Dukakis declared August 23, 1977, the 50th anniversary of their execution, as Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti Memorial Day.His proclamation, issued in English and Italian, stated that Sacco and Vanzetti had been unfairly tried and convicted and that "any disgrace should be forever removed from their names." Sacco and Vanzetti - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Liberals being Liberals.

2. That was in 1977...

" In 1961, a test of Sacco's gun using modern forensic techniques apparently proved it was his gun that killed the guard, though little evidence has been found to substantiate Vanzetti's guilt. In 1977, Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis issued a proclamation vindicating Sacco and Vanzetti, stating that they had been treated unjustly and that no stigma should be associated with their names."
Sacco and Vanzetti executed mdash History.com This Day in History mdash 8 23 1927

3. " Anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were a cause celebre of the 1920s, convicted of murder and executed after a trial many felt was a farce. Author Upton Sinclair wrote extensively about the case. Newly discovered letters reveal his suspicions that the men were guilty." Sacco and Vanzetti Guilty After All NPR

Is it a doctrine of Liberalism to always bend over backwards in favor of the criminal?
" On April 15, 1920, a paymaster for a shoe company in South Braintree,Massachusetts, was shot and killed along with his guard. "
History.com

Why didn't Democrat Dukakis excoriate all to the jurors in the case....by name....you know, the way Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson is being excoriated?

5. Dukakis was not just a Democrat....he was chosen by the Democrat Party to be their nominee for President of the United States. They sure must have loved him....and, one assumes, endorsed his views of the judicial system and of convicted felons.

PC I find it amazing that you do not see the fallacy of taking anecdotal examples and generalizing them to liberals as a whole. It is a shocking lack of basic critical thinking skills.

Imagine if I said republicans are adulterers! and gave you one or two examples of republicans getting caught in sex scandals with male or female prostitutes. Would you say to yourself "oh my god he's right! Republicans are dogs!" No of course you wouldn't. You would dismiss my claim as being short sided and anecdotal. The same logic applies to liberals however.

As usual you demonstrate that you don't even know the objective definition of the American liberal.

"PC I find it amazing that you do not see the fallacy blah blah blah...."

There are no fallacies.

You are a simple fellow, so I'll give you a simple answer.

If you voted for Obama I will blame you for every iniquity of his regime.

It's not my problem that you were remiss in vetting this fraud.

That applies double to Dukakis ! He was the Democrat Liberal pick for President....and his views were well known.

If you don't wish to be tarred with that brush.....don't vote Democrat Liberal.

The rest of the thread will paint an even worse picture of the party you signed up with.

I'm starting to think you don't even know what fallacies are.

"I'm starting to think..."

That'll be the day, BillyZeroIQ

If I am as dumb as you suggest, why can't you come up with a decent response to my first post?

WHAT????

If you are dumb.....why can't I ?????????

I'm responsible for dumbing down posts????

Let me guess: you're a government school grad.
You remain the poster equivalent of Windows Vista.

My response was post #11

Yeah and post #11 sucked. You completely missed the point as usual. I made no mention of Obama nor was I defending any of the dems in your post. The point is that you use anecdotal cases to make sweeping generalizations about an entire ideology. It's dumb and is not a relevant argument against the merits of being liberal.

"... make sweeping generalizations...."

Stop begging to be shielded from responsibility after putting these anti-American sociopaths in office.

I will hold you and every Democrat/Liberal responsible for their vote.

You may think of me as the star-spangled hammer.

I think of you as intellectually lazy and nauseating.

Be honest.....'thinking' is not one of your abilities.

If you want to remember Democrats had a fit about the "Willie Horton" ads. But like "swiftboating' their pet peeve was, it told the TRUTH about a Democrat. Dukakis was also allowing "furloughs" of convicted criminals to have weekends off from prison. Anyone remember this?

Prison Furloughs in Massachusetts Threaten Dukakis Record on Crime - New York Times

10. The GOP and it's allies provided the truth about Democrat/Liberal Michael Dukakis, and the effects of his affection for criminals rather than innocent folks.

Having no defense to blunt the truth of events, what could Liberals do?….Of course! Democrats screamed ‘racism.’ Well, one may claim such, except that the Bush commercial never mentioned race, or even showed Willie Horton.

Here it is:

On the other hand….Bush supporters produced this commercial…. the National Security PAC, not directly by the Bush/Quayle campaign.

Both videos are correct.

Liberals want to forget it was actually Al Gore and 60s Minutes, working in cahoots with Al Gore, that brought up the issue of Willie Horton, ONE YEAR BEFORE, the Willie Horton ad.

Liberals can deny that, but I REMEMBER that very clearly. I remember the 60 minutes report on Willie Horton, very clearly.

Al Gore was running in the primaries against Dukakis and HE brought up Willie Horton first.

But, when the Bush campaign picked up on Horton, ALL OF A SUDDEN, because a republican was now talking about it, the Democrats screamed racism.

It was hilarious and, of course, it didn't work. People could see through that a mile away, BECAUSE MANY OF THEM LIKE ME, REMEMBERED AL GORE AND 60 MINUTES BRINGING UP WILLIE HORTON FIRST!

Liberals have never changed. Any issue Democrats have, they scream racism.

Remember when they tried to claim Bill Clinton was the 'first black president' (I SURE DO) so anything attack against him was racism?????

That's how full of it, this racism charge by liberals truly is.

11. When America is governed by conservatives, it uses the language of good and evil, language regarded by the left as "Manichean"; and even worse, religious. And, in fact, it is: the Judeo-Christian traditions label actions as ‘good’ or ‘evil,’ due to morality and/or self-control; the Left sees the results as due to material inequality, i.e., violent crime due to poverty.

12. A distinguishing characteristic of Liberals and Leftists seems to be an aversion to recognizing or acknowledging evil and its permutations,…the proclivity to appease evil and ignore the sad facts of life. Childish, it is a form of wishful thinking.

The Liberal mouth piece, the Times, actually complained that the truth about the Left's affinity for criminals was revealed:
“But when Bush supporters ran an anti-Dukakis TV commercial playing on fears of black criminals, it took three weeks for the campaign to disapprove.” George Bush and Willie Horton - New York Times

When Horton's crimes were revealed, what was the response of Democrat/Liberal presidential candidate Dukakis?

13. When Cliff Barnes and Angela Miller, the couple that Horton attacked, recovered, they flew to Boston to request a meeting with Democrat Dukakis, hoping for an apology, perhaps some explanation. Dukakis refused to admit that furloughing remorseless murderers was a mistake…and hid from the couple. He issued a statement reaffirming his strong support for furloughing first-degree murderers.

The subject is covered more fully in Coulter's best-seller, "Mugged."

a. Yet the Horton ad has gone down in Liberal history as the most beastly, monstrous act of racist demagoguery in campaign history.

That’s the take-away from the incident.

Those horrible Republicans.....they told the truth!!

So....what happens to miscreants such as Dukakis?

14. "This year, former Massachusetts Gov. Michael S. Dukakis will be honored. Dukakis has had a long career of public service characterized by the active promotion and defense of civil liberties and civil rights. He has opposed the death penalty throughout his career.

Dukakis served three, four-year terms as governor and was the Democratic candidate for president in 1988.

He has been a professor of political science at Northeastern University, a visiting professor of political science at Loyola Marymount University and a visiting professor in the Department of Public Policy at the School of Public Affairs at UCLA.

In 1977, Dukakis issued a proclamation stating that Sacco and Vanzetti had been unfairly tried and convicted and that “any disgrace should be forever removed from their names.”
Memorial service planned to boost opposition to restoration of death penalty in Massachusetts masslive.com

Seems you can only find justice in the dictionary or the cemetery.

Considering Dukakis' legacy, that "the active promotion and defense of civil liberties and civil rights" is really about the "rights" of felons, killers, rapists, kidnappers....at least for Democrat Liberal politicians.

Liberals being Liberals.

So....which should be celebrated in a civilized society.....

August 23, 1927 Nicola Sacco and BartolomeoVanzetti electrocuted for killing two innocent working stiffs....

or...

August 23, 1977, the 50th anniversary of their execution, when Democrat Liberal Michael Dukakis proclaimed that "any disgrace should be forever removed from their names."

Seems to depend on your party affiliation.

They always take the side of the criminal. Whether they be confessed domestic terrorists, or known strong armed thieves--the interests of the criminals far out weighs truth or what is best for the country.
Bull-Loony! "They always"? Hyperbole can be an effective rhetorical tool, but not used in an absurdity.

But you will cop to "way more than the other side does," won't you.

Be advised, PC will never admit anything, she will remain on point until totally flummoxed, at which time she will cut and run; (but, much like Limbaugh, after he has disconnected from the caller, he will lecture him or her with no fear of contradiction) she will always return to get in the last word when her nemesis is no longer online.

They always take the side of the criminal. Whether they be confessed domestic terrorists, or known strong armed thieves--the interests of the criminals far out weighs truth or what is best for the country.
Bull-Loony! "They always"? Hyperbole can be an effective rhetorical tool, but not used in an absurdity.
True, it is absurd.

But this is not so much hyperbole as it is a lie.

Hyperbole might contain a grain of truth, but this is pure fabrication.

Of course the OP is a proven liar.

This whined by a liberal who claims we are always racist, sexist, homophobe, blah blah blah.

Typical of liberals. They dish it out, but they can't take it.

True, it is absurd.

In other words the op is telling the truth, you can't refute so all you can do is sputter.

Typical liberalism.

Be advised, PC will never admit anything, she will remain on point until totally flummoxed, at which time she will cut and run; (but, much like Limbaugh, after he has disconnected from the caller, he will lecture him or her with no fear of contradiction) she will always return to get in the last word when her nemesis is no longer online.

What are you so afraid of?

Just answer the question.

BTW.....I have no nemesis. Stop puffing yourself up....I regularly beat you from pillar to post.
The fear is evident right in your post.

Just answer the question.

True, it is absurd.

I never lie.

Let's prove that, chamber pot......

....find any lies in the thread.

"....until totally flummoxed, at which time she will cut and run;..."

Who was the moron who said that an hour and eight minutes ago?

This whined by a liberal who claims we are always racist, sexist, homophobe, blah blah blah.

"We are always racists"? Nope, many of you are, but not all. Read this thead, I can take it, because most of the New Right are stupid, bigots and racists; I don't mean to use stupid as as pejorative, it's clear to any open minded person that most of the New Right are double digit IQ's under 90.

"We are always racists"? Nope, many of you are, but not all. Read this thead, I can take it, because most of the New Right are stupid, bigots and racists; I don't mean to use stupid as as pejorative, it's clear to any open minded person that most of the New Right are double digit IQ's under 90.

Psssh 90% of Americans have a higher body temperature than IQ, irrespective of political bent. It's quite silly to act like one ideology or another has even a slight "edge" on stupidity. Just read some message boards

"....until totally flummoxed, at which time she will cut and run;..."

Who was the moron who said that an hour and eight minutes ago?
I'm not a moron, asshole. I have a wife, a dog and one child still at home. I have responsibilities beyond defending myself, you, alone cause no one would have you, don't have any.

Today, my wife and I took my son's dog to the dog park, then to a restaurant dog friendly for lunch, and finally home where I worked in our yard as my wife of nearly 39 years worked on a diner menu, which she and I shopped for, prepared and I cooked.

FYI, a nearly three pound Sirloin Steak, Aspiragras, Corn on the Cob (from Brentwood, CA) and Strawberry's from Sonoma.

So fuck off, you're an asshole beyond belief. I'd pity you, but you're not worth it, for you are a piece of shit.

Liberals being Liberals.

2. That was in 1977...

History.com

Oh stop circling the wagons.
You are responding this way because you support the kinds of things described in the OP.

"Nope, many of you are, but not all"...Oh really? Just because you sleep under the blanket of liberalism does not permit you to make assumptions.
And I suppose all of you libs are pure as the driven snow given that 100% of you are 100% racially tolerant 100% of the time....
You libs spend so much of your nearly endless free time pointing your finger at others. Some ideology, you have.

Forum List

Back