Liberal Myth: Conservatives Are Outside The Mainstream

Liberals are more insolent and are better organized, they get more tax money therefore they can make anything they want, even dare to claim to be only representatives of American people.

Liberals have never claimed that.

Republicans represent millionaire, billionaires and corporations (which, according to them, are people too). Republicans also represent many on Medicare and Medicaid, the majority of white people and people who are anti education and think they want to make America a kind of "Christian Theocracy" like Iran, but Christian. You have to admit that's a pretty good job of summing up Republicans.

Democrats represent pretty much everyone else.

Clusterfuck = The party of a bazillion independent thinkers each with his distinct and emotionally rationalized ethos.

Brilliant.

the%20way%20liberals%20really%20feel.jpg

This is how the left marginalizes the right and claims the right is full of radicals:

Conservatives can’t be mainstream because it is liberals who speak for the American people. The fact that 41 percent of Americans identify themselves as conservative and only 21 percent as liberal doesn’t matter—liberals are the guardians of the genuine interests of the American people. In the liberal imagination, the political spectrum consists of left, center, right, and far right. Liberals simply define the center as somewhere near where they are and consign vast swaths of the electorate to a place outside polite society called the far right.

What do they site as their proof? The left says they stand for the working man. They support higher wages by supporting increases in the minimum wage and by supporting minorities through government mandates. They pander to their special interests. The latest is through diversity hiring inside the Department of Defense and other agencies. Thousands of employees are being retired and let go, enough so that the gains in the private sector has been cancelled out to obtain a net gain in jobs of zero.

Obama has also decided to go around Congress and essentially grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.

The fact is Liberals don't speak for mainstream America. They speak for a very large group of special interests. They speak for unions, illegal aliens, Gays, , La Raza, the New Black Panthers, the NAACP, The Congressional Black Caucus, radical environmentalists, the ACLU, SEIU, ACORN, the Communist Party, every special interest you can think of they support. They only control a small portion of the land-mass of the united states but they think they run the place. So how can they say they're mainstream and conservatives are radical???

Tell me I'm wrong.

This is how the right treats the troops in "real life":

Republican’s War on Veterans Benefits Continues

How many of the injured and disabled veterans became that way because the Republicans sent them to Iraq with old and rusty equipment? Now they want to screw them AGAIN?

A few minutes later, a soldier from the Idaho National Guard's 116th Armor Cavalry Brigade asked Mr. Rumsfeld what he and the Army were doing "to address shortages and antiquated equipment" National Guard soldiers heading to Iraq were struggling with.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/08/i...8cnd-rumsfeld.html?pagewanted=print&position=

The NY Times only cares when some soldier complains....but only when the Administration is GOP.

When I was deployed to Somalia we asked for armor in 93' and were rejected. The result was 18 dead and 99 wounded in 19 hours.

I don't remember seeing the NY Times asking me shit about it.

Also, part of the reason we didn't have enough armor when we went into Iraq was because Clinton sat on lessons learned for years and didn't supply us with any in case we had another Somalia.

Last edited:
Who lies and who doesn't? Who is brainwashed and who isn't? The rest is horse patoot. And the world is aghast at our RW fanatics.

CONSERVATIVE Chancellor of the Exchequer: "The greatest danger to the world economy is right wing fanatics in the US congress."

Tell me I'm wrong.

You’re wrong.

Liberals support the rule of law, as a majority of voters – via referendum or elected representatives – do not determine who may or many not have his Constitutional rights.

Consequently liberals support gays being allowed access to their 14th Amendment right to equal protection (Romer v. Evans, Lawrence v. Texas), and of undocumented immigrants their right to due process (Plyler v. Doe). They support the right of African Americans to equal treatment (Brown v. Board of Education) and Hispanics’ right to be free from discrimination (Hernandez v. Texas). They follow the law with regard to Congress’ authorization of the EPA (American Electric Power Co. v. Connecticut).

The Administration’s decision to prioritize deportations based on severity of offense has nothing to do with ‘liberal’ or ‘conservative’ and comports to Constitutional case law with regard to undocumented immigrants and education (Plyler v. Doe). It is appropriate and desirable for an administration to allocate its agencies’ resources to best serve the people. And for one to say that the Administration’s policy with regard to deportation ‘circumvents the will of the people’ is only exhibiting his ignorance.

With regard to working class Americans and the middle class, Liberals obey laws established to protect workers’ rights, to be paid a fair wage, and work in a safe working conditions (West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish, US v. Darby).

As Justice Jackson noted in West Virginia Board of Education vs. Barnette, writing for the majority:

The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal Principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.

They only control a small portion of the land-mass of the united states but they think they run the place. So how can they say they're mainstream and conservatives are radical???

As we see in Barnette, it’s of no matter how much ‘land mass’ a given political ideology occupies, all that matters is the acknowledgement of the rule of law and obeying the laws as interpreted by the courts in the context of the Constitution.

No, his point is that liberals lie when they portray conservatism as a "far right extremist" platform.

What we see, rather, is conservatives outside of the legal mainstream; with regard to equal protection (same sex marriage), due process (immigration, ‘1070,’ undocumented students, etc), and privacy rights (abortion).

Conservatives have become so frustrated with this fact that many have started to reject the legal edifice of the rule of law and judicial review (interpretation) altogether – in violation of the original intent of the Framers, of course.

Indeed, a conservative should be posting something along those lines soon, how the Court ‘always gets it wrong,’ or ‘goes against the will of the people,’ or similar ignorant nonsense.

Last edited:
Who lies and who doesn't? Who is brainwashed and who isn't? The rest is horse patoot. And the world is aghast at our RW fanatics.

CONSERVATIVE Chancellor of the Exchequer: "The greatest danger to the world economy is right wing fanatics in the US congress."

Right-wing Fanatics is a misnomer only the left uses.

The left is so far left that everyone is a fanatic to them.

You are wrong if you conflate the Hard Right with the conservatives of America. The hard right is reactionary and or libertarian, and they are not mainstream. You can condemn liberals over there for all sorts of things, but not this one. You are condemned for a failed OP.

One person's condemnation means exactly zero.

Especially an extremist's condemnation.

You are wrong if you conflate the Hard Right with the conservatives of America. The hard right is reactionary and or libertarian, and they are not mainstream. You can condemn liberals over there for all sorts of things, but not this one. You are condemned for a failed OP.

Being hard right these days is wanting spending cuts......any spending cuts....without tax-increases.

Wow....that's some radical shit brother.

deflection, whistle. the hard right is not representative of American conservatives. the hard right is a small very loud group trying to be mainstream, which they are anything but.

Except anyone who is Republican or Christian is defined by the left as "extremist" and "hard right".

And libs are defined by the left as "moderate". I had a USC prof friend define OBAMA as moderate on her fb page, for pete's sakes, not 2 months ago.

Except anyone who is Republican or Christian is defined by the left as "extremist" and "hard right".

And libs are defined by the left as "moderate". I had a USC prof friend define OBAMA as moderate on her fb page, for pete's sakes, not 2 months ago.

The libturds have studied the methods of Herr Joseph Goebbels and learned his lessons well.

The mainstream media has unmasked itself as little more than the propaganda arm of the DNC. This all started, BTW, during the reign of Herr Roosevelt II. Goebbels learned much of his technique by studying the method of Roosevelt.

Anyone who confuses you with a "conservative" is suffering from severe brain damage.

Koshergrl is still at it. 'Everyone is against right-wingers, and if you're not a right-winger you think they're crazy extremists, even though it's actually the left that are the extremists.'

I'll tell you again, I'm a member of the left, and I don't think that every conservative is bat shit crazy...are you insinuating that I'm the only one?

This is how the left marginalizes the right and claims the right is full of radicals:

Conservatives can’t be mainstream because it is liberals who speak for the American people. The fact that 41 percent of Americans identify themselves as conservative and only 21 percent as liberal doesn’t matter—liberals are the guardians of the genuine interests of the American people. In the liberal imagination, the political spectrum consists of left, center, right, and far right. Liberals simply define the center as somewhere near where they are and consign vast swaths of the electorate to a place outside polite society called the far right.

What do they site as their proof? The left says they stand for the working man. They support higher wages by supporting increases in the minimum wage and by supporting minorities through government mandates. They pander to their special interests. The latest is through diversity hiring inside the Department of Defense and other agencies. Thousands of employees are being retired and let go, enough so that the gains in the private sector has been cancelled out to obtain a net gain in jobs of zero.

Obama has also decided to go around Congress and essentially grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.

The fact is Liberals don't speak for mainstream America. They speak for a very large group of special interests. They speak for unions, illegal aliens, Gays, , La Raza, the New Black Panthers, the NAACP, The Congressional Black Caucus, radical environmentalists, the ACLU, SEIU, ACORN, the Communist Party, every special interest you can think of they support. They only control a small portion of the land-mass of the united states but they think they run the place. So how can they say they're mainstream and conservatives are radical???

Tell me I'm wrong.

Tell you you're wrong? Not at all. I think I can, however, explain some of why this is.

You see, liberals - in their own minds, at least - are smarter and more moral than other people. Therefore, they don't NEED to be "mainstream America", because they believe themselves to be the higher, more evolved beings that mainstream America aspires to be . . . or, at least, that it SHOULD aspire to be.

So, to their way of thinking, THEY (in their great enlightenment) are speaking for what people should want, and would want if they were as good and wonderful as liberals are. That's why it's okay for them to force their agenda down people's throats: because it's what's best for them, which they just don't understand yet, but which they will appreciate once liberals have taught them to be as wise and enlightened as the liberals are.

Koshergrl is still at it. 'Everyone is against right-wingers, and if you're not a right-winger you think they're crazy extremists, even though it's actually the left that are the extremists.'

I'll tell you again, I'm a member of the left, and I don't think that every conservative is bat shit crazy...are you insinuating that I'm the only one?

Being a neocon fundy is rather like being an addict. Paranoia is part-and-parcel of the symptomatology.

Tell me I'm wrong.

ok your wrong, there i said it. I've already seen this argument before by Rabbi. It was stupid then and is stupid now.

Yep.

The majority of people in this country do not identify themselves as conservatives.

And you can see conservatives acknowledging that at every turn by their denigration of Democracy and efforts to squelch or completely squash the popular vote.

Would you care to PROVE that the majority of people in this country do not identify themselves as conservatives, given that polls by groups like Gallup show that they DO? We all know how much the left LOVES polls normally . . . provided they can get them to say what they want to hear.

ok your wrong, there i said it. I've already seen this argument before by Rabbi. It was stupid then and is stupid now.

Yep.

The majority of people in this country do not identify themselves as conservatives.

And you can see conservatives acknowledging that at every turn by their denigration of Democracy and efforts to squelch or completely squash the popular vote.

I'd like to think that the vast majority dont align themselves with any party.
Here is the reality of today from what i see. Yes some are hardcore liberals and conservatives. You will always have that, but in todays day and age of instant media. People tend to be a little of everything.

It really depends on the issue. I've seen "conservatives" become liberal on one subject while Liberals become conservative on other issues.

Blanket statements dont really work that well anymore when you are talking in the context of the OP.

The best thing i have seen is people tend to be fiscally conservative, but socially liberal on issues. The people like their entitlements but what them run better. That right there proves they want it both ways.

What the OP is trying to do is take the hardcore 20-30% of either party and apply it to the whole of the nation.

Thats why the OP is a fail, and why they argument is quite stupid.

Conservative and liberal aren't parties, moron. No one said anything about parties except YOU.

That's why your posts are always fails, and why your arguments are quite stupid: because you have no idea what you're talking about, and can't stick to a topic.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong. J/K. Actually, I don't think the extreme Liberals speak for America any more than extreme Conservatives do. It's a matter of defining what is extreme. I've been called a "NeoCon" by extreme Libs simply because I'm not 100% convinced about climate change being all man-made. On the other side, 3/4 of the time I've disagreed with Conservatives on anything, they have called me a Liberal (apparently, I'm some kind of Obama hating, Obamacare hating, anti-union secret agent Liberal :eusa_whistle:).
So no, I don't think Liberals - and expecially the whackjobs who celebrated at the funerals of fallen vets etc... speak for America. Any more than Conservatives do.

Forum List

Back