Liberal Hippie Takes Over Discovery Channel

It matters who the shark is fighting.

But, the peace loving liberal hippie is dead.

MSNBC no less...
Police kill Discovery building gunman - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Police were called to the scene when a crowd that had gathered began growing “unruly” as Lee threw thousands of dollars of cash into the air, some of it still in shrink-wrapped packages, police said at the time. (Lee was found not guilty of littering.)

Lee said at the time that he experienced an ‘‘awakening” when he watched former Vice President Al Gore’s environmental documentary ‘‘An Inconvenient Truth.”

Nathaniel Harrington, a former Discovery employee, told msnbc TV’s Peter Alexander that he saw Lee outside the building during the 2008 protest.

“He was seen as something of a joke,” Harrington said. “I hate to say it, but at the time we kind of half-joked about it because he could come back shooting. Nobody took it very seriously.”

Ugh!!

I just want to go on record (again) and say that "crazy" does not belong to the Left or the Right. It is just plain crazy and crazy is everywhere. I only included the above link as it tends to be the Left that need be reminded this sad fact more often than not. But! But... no political (or religious) view ought to be branded by crazy people who do crazy crap because they are, well, crazy.

(the above rule does not apply IF a political (or religious) view advocates being crazy killers)

:cool:

Zero population growth nutters have been around since the 70's convinced that people are unntatural and that the planet would be better off without/with much much less of us.

If the inconvinent truth thing pans out it becomes interesting, seeing that supporters of the mosque in NY like to connect those opposed to it to the recent uptick in poltical crimes against muslims. By that logic Al Gore can be held liable for this guy.

And before people go nuts, I do not believe al gore caused this, just as I don't believe the anti mosque thing caused the attacks on muslims.

The Washington Monthly

RIGHT-WING VIOLENCE.... In light of the shootings at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in D.C. this afternoon, allegedly committed by white supremacist James Von Brunn, Matt Yglesias noted, "I hope that everyone who mau-maued the Department of Homeland Security for expressing concern about this kind of thing feel appropriately ashamed of themselves."

It's hardly an unreasonable point. Two months ago, Richard Poplawski, a right-wing extremist, allegedly gunned down three police officers in Pittsburgh, in part because he feared the non-existent "Obama gun ban." A few weeks ago, Scott Roeder, another right-wing extremist, allegedly assassinated Dr. George Tiller in Kansas. A few hours ago, Von Brunn, another right-wing extremist, allegedly opened fire at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.

Not so fast, Calc...

It seems that Van Brunn was also interested in the Weekly Standard:
"FBI agents visited the offices of the conservative Weekly Standard magazine yesterday after a shooting at the Holocaust Memorial Museum and told employees they'd found the magazine's address

A senior Standard staffer confirmed the visit but declined to discuss it in detail. An FBI spokeswoman, Katherine Schweit , also declined to comment on the investigation.

The suggestion that the Standard may have been a target complicates any view of the racist shooter in contemporary left-right terms. Von Brunn's white supremacist roots put him under the rubric of a "right-wing extremist," but the substance of his views -- which included everything from believing that President Bush may have been in on the September 11 attacks to denying that President Obama is an American citizen -- are too far on the fringe to fit into conventional political classification."
Weekly Standard may have been shooter target - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Poor calc....everythings falling apart...

CaféAuLait;2685987 said:
I guess he succeeded in his quest-- one less person on the plant using its resources.
al%20gore%20picture.jpg

Last edited:
Lets see, a Cabbie was stabbed in New York by a supporter of the Mosque in New York ( probably a left wing whack job). A mosque site had a fire set by a member of the Mosque, and we all know the left love Mosques, and now a left wing environmental nut job wants to blow up Discovery channel.

Great going Liberals, care to provide us with any similar right wing nut jobs?

Have you no empathy????

This has been a very, very bad week for our left-wing friends...and you pile on?

You're probably about to mention that every one of Sarah Palin's endorsements won their elections...

and then you'll mention the poll:
"A new GOP-boosting blockbuster from Rasmussen? Not quite: This comes from Kos’s new pollster, PPP.
The Bushitler over the Lightworker in the paradigm midwestern swing state — by eight points. On a gut level, that strikes me as more amazing than even yesterday’s Gallup blockbuster.
We’ll start rolling out our Ohio poll results tomorrow but there’s one finding on the poll that pretty much sums it up: by a 50-42 margin voters there say they’d rather have George W. Bush in the White House right now than Barack Obama.Independents hold that view by a 44-37 margin and there are more Democrats who would take Bush back (11%) than there are Republicans who think Obama’s preferable (3%.)"

Hot Air Ohio: Bush 50, Obama 42

Oh, the humanity, the humanity....

See, this is the difference between the right and the left. With the right, lots of people die because they are truly dangerous and evil. Whether it's Republican Timothy McVeigh killing a 168 people or doctors being shot in church or right wing racists lynching people.

The left "threatens" because they want Americans to take care of their country or stop Republican lies.

It's lucky the only one killed was the guy making the threats. Too bad right wing wackos couldn't be more like him. If they are going to be wackos, at least don't kill anyone.

Jil, I believe they stated he is an evirnomental extremist! That makes him a leftist!
Why does that make him a "leftist"?

Does the fact that he claims to be Christian make Fred Phelps a "rightist"?

Interesting place to attack. The Discovery Channel promotes the Green Agenda and shows the beauty of nature and preserving it. They bravely promote the great show Whale Wars to show the inhuman destruction of whales.

Leftist or not we can both agree that he is beyond mentally ill!!!

what a nutjob... a loon with a bomb and a gun in front of a tv station and you pretend it's a 'leftie', 'hippie' type.

:loon:

it's so sad that some people are dumb as toast.

why didn't you just say, he's asian so he must be an operative of the chinese govt?

:cuckoo:

It's a mark of poor critical thinking when you can't recognize that crazy people are just crazy, and instead choose to make it a partisan attack.

5. Immigration: Programs must be developed to find solutions to stopping ALL immigration pollution and the anchor baby filth that follows that. Find solutions to stopping it. Call for people in the world to develop solutions to stop it completely and permanently. Find solutions FOR these countries so they stop sending their breeding populations to the US and the world to seek jobs and therefore breed more unwanted pollution babies. FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THEM TO STOP THEIR HUMAN GROWTH AND THE EXPORTATION OF THAT DISGUSTING FILTH! (The first world is feeding the population growth of the Third World and those human families are going to where the food is! They must stop procreating new humans looking for nonexistant jobs!)
Sounds like a plant who in the middle of his rant reverted to his true Political self. :eusa_whistle:

What was funny, as HanNITWITy was ticking off each of his demands as being politically Liberal, when he got to #5 he went into the patented CON$ervative dumb act and asked, "What does that mean?" :lol:

After equating this fruitcake to a political Liberal, HanNITWITy then said that what separates CON$ from Libs is Libs would make him out to be a CON$ervative and CON$ would not politicize him and see him only as a crazy person. :cuckoo:

I'm glad to see no CON$ have politicized this guy on these boards. :rofl:

Jil, I believe they stated he is an evirnomental extremist! That makes him a leftist!

Interesting place to attack. The Discovery Channel promotes the Green Agenda and shows the beauty of nature and preserving it. They bravely promote the great show Whale Wars to show the inhuman destruction of whales.

what a nutjob... a loon with a bomb and a gun in front of a tv station and you pretend it's a 'leftie', 'hippie' type.

:loon:

it's so sad that some people are dumb as toast.

why didn't you just say, he's asian so he must be an operative of the chinese govt?

:cuckoo:

It's a mark of poor critical thinking when you can't recognize that crazy people are just crazy, and instead choose to make it a partisan attack.

(emphasis added)

Nope, especially given the fact he ran as a democrat in several political races.

We all know he's crazy, were talking about what kind of crazy.

This was the peace loving liberal hippie crazy.

CaféAuLait;2686072 said:

(emphasis added)

Nope, especially given the fact he ran as a democrat in several political races.

Continuing to prove my point, I see.

Crazy is crazy. Nothing more.

If you really feel the need to be a partisan hack, go for it. But don't expect anyone to take you seriously. This goes for both the right and the left.

FOXNews.com - Armed Man With Bomb Takes Employees Hostage Inside Discovery Channel Building

they read his demands which include things such as environmental programming to inspire people to save the planet.

see, liberals, your side has whackos too. although youre all whack from my pov.

oh he has a gun and is holding hostages too.

I am glad he was shot dead. Holder will probably find a way to sue the cops for something though. The nutjob had a history of nutjobs. Here is a portion of the manisfesto he had left earlier for Discovery: "Lee is believed to have distributed a manifesto outside the Discovery building several weeks ago that called on the network to "broadcast to the world their commitment to save the planet."

"All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions," the list of demands read.

"In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it."

We will be seeing these nutjobs more and more, and from all sides of the political spectrum....

FOXNews.com - Gunman Shot and Killed After Hostage Standoff at Discovery Channel Building

Forum List

Back