Let's Talk Dishwashers . . . .

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
.. . . cause mine is doa and I need to buy a new one.

Repair guy said that Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool are no longer the top machines, mostly because of their computer components. He recommends mid-line Bosch. Bosch is pricey though. Avg. life of dishwasher is 8-10 years our croaked at the 10 year mark. How sad. I'm still of the mindset that these appliances should last twice that long. <sigh>

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for fairly basic no big frills, controls don't have to be hidden, $600-$800 price range, quiet. Almost always run a normal cycle, NEVER use heat to dry, prefer flatware basket on door so I can fit in more dishes!, timer a must.

Looking around the interwebz for reviews but all I can find are reviews on the features rather than on how well the machine is made/works/will last, etc.

Suggestions? Danke you guys.

I hate the new dishwashers

The old ones had a dial and a start button. Nothing to go wrong

The new ones have a computer panel and mother board that goes bad in any power surge.

.. . . cause mine is doa and I need to buy a new one.

Repair guy said that Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool are no longer the top machines, mostly because of their computer components. He recommends mid-line Bosch. Bosch is pricey though. Avg. life of dishwasher is 8-10 years our croaked at the 10 year mark. How sad. I'm still of the mindset that these appliances should last twice that long. <sigh>

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for fairly basic no big frills, controls don't have to be hidden, $600-$800 price range, quiet. Almost always run a normal cycle, NEVER use heat to dry, prefer flatware basket on door so I can fit in more dishes!, timer a must.

Looking around the interwebz for reviews but all I can find are reviews on the features rather than on how well the machine is made/works/will last, etc.

Suggestions? Danke you guys.

I don't go for any of the bells and whistles type. The simpler the better, as long as it does the job the way I want it to. As for the new ones, I don't want to have to take a two week course to learn how to use it.
But since you are you and not me: :D

Best Dishwashers - Top 3 Dishwasher Reviews

Best Dishwasher ? Compare Reviews and Rankings | Bestcovery

my preferences on features are:

quiet, utensils on door with ability to hold LONG utensils, internal garbage disposal so dirty dishes can go directly in it without a hand prewash, an internal water heater for when I need to do a hot water load.... because I don't want to use my heating oil to heat the hot water....and of course, an energy saver rated unit. anything else on options I can live without! :D

The new ones have a computer panel and mother board that goes bad in any power surge.

Yup, that's what went on ours. Cost half of a new one to replace it. At ten years old we figured it wasn't worth it. Each new appliance lasts shorter and shorter.

Yup, that's what went on ours. Cost half of a new one to replace it. At ten years old we figured it wasn't worth it. Each new appliance lasts shorter and shorter.

Watch for the noise level I hate noisy dishwashers and washing machines. When we go to bed, I turn that dishwasher on and I want it quiet.

Love the garbage disposal too even though I still pre rinse.

Forum List

Back