Let's say Trump colluded with the Russians, but didn't intend to

One reason I personally never cared was that I don't doubt he possibly could have without knowing. Most of the shit him and his associates are accused of are pretty obscure laws. Yeah, somebody with the political knowledge of Paul Manafort knew he was doing something wrong, but I don't expect Jared Kushner to know all the rules.

Situation 1
Russian Official: I have pictures of Hillary Clinton picking her nose and eating buggers from when she visited Russia.
Trump: Thanks for the pictures. They will be a big help.

Situation 2
Russian Official: We can hack the DNC server and get dirt on the democrats (especially HRC) and help your campaign.
Trump: Please do that because it will be a big help.

I don’t see a problem with situation number 1. If the dirt on HRC is obtained legally (can not be proven to have been obtained illegally) then Russia should be able to pass the info to Trump, no problem. After all, Russian nationals have freedom of speech in America just like anyone else.

Situation #2 is a problem because hacking the server is illegal. If Trump was “colluding” with the hacking, that’s a problem, whether Russians or anyone else.

• Banned
Sir, I wasn't "intending" to rape that girl, I just wanted to make love to her.

James Comey: There was no "intent". I can't recommend prosecution.

The answer is obvious: The FBI already determined that even though Hillary broke numerous laws, there was no "intent".

You beat me by a moment. :laughing0301:

• Banned
Your honor, I didn't "intend" to shoot that girl in the head. I was just shooting off my gun to celebrate the 4th of July.

Friendly, good-old-boy DA: There was no "intent" to shoot that girl. I can't recommend prosecution.

If the legal standard so generously bestowed upon Hillary was the universal legal standard in America, virtually nobody would be prosecuted, let alone convicted.

So, here's what I'm thinking. Let's forget about Russia for a moment. Let's say that the allegations that Jared, Ivanka and even Trump himself are illegally cashing in on their power, so what? Since Hillary skated, why shouldn't the Trumps? For that matter, Manafort, Flynn, etc. should all be pardoned by Trump since Hillary skated. And if Trump himself, somehow, gets into trouble and is forced out of office, Pence can pardon him.

Any prosecution of Hillary would have blown the top off the Obama regime's staggering corruption. That's why there was NO WAY Obama was going to risk that occurrence.

All is forgiven, right?
That’s for the people to decide through their elected representatives in the House, to call for impeachment and a trial in the Senate.

Of course, Trump’s seemingly endless list misdemeanors unrelated to the Russia investigations are alone ample grounds for articles of impeachment.

And, needless to say, depending on the evidence and the nature of the collusion, a criminal indictment of Trump would be warranted.

I never understood why some people find it so hard to believe that a man who rose to become a billionaire and President of the United States may have done some unethical things along the way. I'm not knocking the guy for it. You don't just rise to that level of power without stepping on a few necks along the way. :dunno:

Mister DA, it wasn't my "intent" to hurt that man when I hit him over the head with a baseball bat and stole his money. I was just trying to get ahead in life.

James Comey: There was no "intent" to hurt the man. I can't recommend prosecution.

All is forgiven, right?
That’s for the people to decide through their elected representatives in the House, to call for impeachment and a trial in the Senate.

Of course, Trump’s seemingly endless list misdemeanors unrelated to the Russia investigations are alone ample grounds for articles of impeachment.

And, needless to say, depending on the evidence and the nature of the collusion, a criminal indictment of Trump would be warranted.

What "Misdemeanors?"

My wife had me arrested for attempting to rape her on our wedding night. She said no on our wedding night. We argued. She won. There was no rape. Yet I spent a week in jail and $3,000 surety money out of pocket because of it. Innocent until proven guilty my ass.

Forum List

Back