Lets Call This Anything but Privilege: Stanford swimmer gets jailed only 6 months for rape

As a sex offender for life, he's going to get plenty of hassle. From employers, landlords, girlfriends, you name it. Considering what he did, I think he deserves it. And it wouldn't surprise me if he does it again.

brock-turner.jpg

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky said in handing down the punishment that a longer sentence would have a "severe impact" on Turner.

Sex assault victim to ex-Stanford swimmer: "Assault is not an accident" - CBS News
As his dad said - 6 months for just 20 minutes of action is too much!

Maybe his dad is the one who taught him it is ok to rape a woman if she is unconscious. Both of them are scum.
Like father like son.

As a sex offender for life, he's going to get plenty of hassle. From employers, landlords, girlfriends, you name it. Considering what he did, I think he deserves it. And it wouldn't surprise me if he does it again.
Get blind drunk and continue the makeout session after the woman has passed out? Probably it will happen again.

The woman allegedly raped will certainly repeat her self destructive behavior until she gets drunk again. She will take the wrong guy home, get in the cute guy's car. She's looking for love. Men are supposed to protect her, care for her when she cannot care for herself.

Her odds are the same as swimming in the ocean and judging that dorsal fin as belonging to a dolphin when a shark is biting off her arm.

She got into the ocean voluntarily. It's not the shark's fault.

Sick pervert should be sent to a hard ass prison after he gets a tramp stamp tattoo which says "open for business" and an arrow pointing at his ass.

No. This case remains one in which an older woman was trolling a frat party, got passed out drunk and got what she wanted. She just didn't get it in the way she wanted.

No. This case remains one in which an older woman was trolling a frat party, got passed out drunk and got what she wanted. She just didn't get it in the way she wanted.

Your insistence that she is an "older woman" is ridiculous. She is a 23 year old college student.

Your insistence that she is an "older woman" is ridiculous. She is a 23 year old college student.
Tipsy is jealous. She is probably some old wrinkled up prune.

Tipsy is jealous. She is probably some old wrinkled up prune.

In addition to her disgusting view on this, she has no problem spouting bullshit & lies.

Get blind drunk and continue the makeout session after the woman has passed out? Probably it will happen again.

The woman allegedly raped will certainly repeat her self destructive behavior until she gets drunk again. She will take the wrong guy home, get in the cute guy's car. She's looking for love. Men are supposed to protect her, care for her when she cannot care for herself.

Her odds are the same as swimming in the ocean and judging that dorsal fin as belonging to a dolphin when a shark is biting off her arm.

No, the woman doesn't leave the house alone anymore. Doesn't socialize and has trust issues. But thanks for continuing to blame the victim. It appears that you're going to continue saying that if a woman puts herself at risk, her rapist should get a license to rape her because a "shark is a shark".

"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Actually, that sounds exactly like what it was.
I'll admit I don't know the details of this case, but is it common to hookup with unconscious women lying on the ground? Just wondering.

Nothing in the op or the linked article suggested that that is the way it went.

When I asked about that, all I got was mindless blather.

When someone finally decided to answer, he linked to a document written by the victim who admits that she has no memory of the incident, so, that wasn't very helpful.

No, the woman doesn't leave the house alone anymore. Doesn't socialize and has trust issues. But thanks for continuing to blame the victim. It appears that you're going to continue saying that if a woman puts herself at risk, her rapist should get a license to rape her because a "shark is a shark".
Care to prove your assertions. Since you know me personally and all.

The rapist should be punished. The woman should learn her lesson.

With all the movie remakes they are doing now how come no one updates Looking for Mr. Goodbar?

"It is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life." That is what this man's father said about his son's acts. What an asshole.

‘20 minutes of action’: father defends Stanford student son convicted of sexual assault
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
What assholes those people are. I'm glad the woman didn't get pregnant.

Well the female body does have a way of shutting down if it is a legitimate rape.
It's the blood from torn vaginal walls that washes away the semen.

This woman was so drunk she was unconscious, and found out on
the news that she was assaulted.

Is this rape ? Absolutely.

Should he be behind bars for many many years and his life completely ruined ? Absolutely.

Do I feel sorry for her ? Nope.

Dear Tipsycatlover
1. are you saying she didn't get raped at all, that it was consensual? And if so, why did the two Swedish students testify otherwise, that she was unconscious at the time, they had to forcibly stop the man and hold him until police arrived. Their testimony got the jury to agree that it was rape and not consensual.

Are you saying it was consensual, and you not being there, you going against the testimony of two witnesses and the jury's decision, is CORRECT and the other 14 people are wrong who agree with the complainant that it was rape?

2. Are you saying it was rape but she deserved it?
That she should be blamed for going to the party and asking for sex, getting drunk and passing out, even if it was rape as agreed upon by the two witnesses who stopped the man and agreed upon by the jurors.

Are you agreeing with the jury that it was rape, but agreeing with the judge/offender that the alcohol and party culture was to blame for the rape so this is equally the fault of the woman as the man that she got raped?

Tipsycatlover does either #1 or #2 come closer to what you are saying? If not, please correct and clarify what you mean. Thanks!

Dear Tipsycatlover
1. are you saying she didn't get raped at all, that it was consensual? And if so, why did the two Swedish students testify otherwise, that she was unconscious at the time, they had to forcibly stop the man and hold him until police arrived. Their testimony got the jury to agree that it was rape and not consensual.

Are you saying it was consensual, and you not being there, you going against the testimony of two witnesses and the jury's decision, is CORRECT and the other 14 people are wrong who agree with the complainant that it was rape?

2. Are you saying it was rape but she deserved it?
That she should be blamed for going to the party and asking for sex, getting drunk and passing out, even if it was rape as agreed upon by the two witnesses who stopped the man and agreed upon by the jurors.

Are you agreeing with the jury that it was rape, but agreeing with the judge/offender that the alcohol and party culture was to blame for the rape so this is equally the fault of the woman as the man that she got raped?

Tipsycatlover does either #1 or #2 come closer to what you are saying? If not, please correct and clarify what you mean. Thanks!

Maybe it was "legitimate rape." I think that is allowed in the Republican Platform, especially with 13 year olds.

Forum List

Back