Lets Call This Anything but Privilege: Stanford swimmer gets jailed only 6 months for rape

And he got 6 months.

Of course she's to blame. There are hundreds of instances in which rape victims are not to blame. This isn't one of them.

You are responsible for your own safety at all times.

What you're saying is that if a woman is unconscious, she's fair game. So if I slip and fall, and I'm knocked unconscious, it's my fault if someone robs me, or rapes me, because I shouldn't have fallen.

As human beings, if someone is unconscious or in need of aid, decent human beings don't rape them. A rapist rapes them. That's what Christians are told they must do, it's what my son would do. But you think it's the victim's fault.

You're scum.[/QUOTE]
If you slip and fall and hit your head and you are unconscious it isn't your fault.

If you are drinking and you feel a bit cheerful so you keep drinking. Then you're dizzy, can't stand, stagger and your speech is slurred, you keep drinking to blackout, yes it is your fault. Somewhere between dizzy and blackout it's your fault.

Good Christians would offer aid. The world isn't full of Christians. If you are going to depend on good Christians you will mostly be shit out of luck. The world is a dark and dangerous place. Human beings are nothing but prey for other human beings. If you do not want to be an appetizer on the menu never, ever, ever disregard your obligation for your own safety.

brock-turner.jpg

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky said in handing down the punishment that a longer sentence would have a "severe impact" on Turner.

Sex assault victim to ex-Stanford swimmer: "Assault is not an accident" - CBS News

Wealth has its privileges.

?had he done that to my daughter he would be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.
Better you train your daughter not to go to frat parties and get shitfaced.

Don't we have talks with girls anymore. If I had a daughter it would never happen to her.

I had all of these talks with my daughter. And still she walked home late at night from a party in a bad part of town, not entirely sober. It might be helpful if we didn't give boys passes for raping women - under any circumstances. If we blamed and shamed the rapists instead of the victims.

Edited to add: My daughter made it home safely, but it was a bad idea and she realized it. The young think they are invincible
You are never going to "cure " the men from being rapists half the time they have rationalized it out.

I'm glad your daughter made it home safely. Better she had called you, a cab, something.

I have been at innumerable parties and never had a problem. I don't drink so when people started getting sloppy I left. Alway always in my own car. I might date a guy for six months before I'd get in his car.

She was 23, not an "older woman". Thank God, because I'm an older woman and I don't want anyone to think it's okay to rape me. She was unconscious. Since when is it okay to take advantage of an unconscious person? When the other students caught him at it, he ran. Hmm, he must have known what he was doing was wrong or he wouldn't have ran. He would have stayed and discussed the fact that she drank too much and passed out and therefore he had the right to have "20 minutes of action", as his father put it. There is NO excuse for rape. Not all the liberal judges or unconscious women or cougars in the world excuse rape. It's a forcible violation of a person's privacy, dignity, and intimacy. All the trolls on this site cannot come up with a viable excuse.

"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Actually, that sounds exactly like what it was.
I'll admit I don't know the details of this case, but is it common to hookup with unconscious women lying on the ground? Just wondering.

"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Actually, that sounds exactly like what it was.
I'll admit I don't know the details of this case, but is it common to hookup with unconscious women lying on the ground? Just wondering.

Not in my world. But apparently some people think her being unconscious makes her willing.

There is no excuse for rape. There is no excuse for any woman handing over her safety to a rapist either.

"It is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life." That is what this man's father said about his son's acts. What an asshole.

‘20 minutes of action’: father defends Stanford student son convicted of sexual assault
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
What assholes those people are. I'm glad the woman didn't get pregnant.

Well the female body does have a way of shutting down if it is a legitimate rape.

With as well known as he is, I would guess the size of his cornhole will increase significantly in those 6 months. I see a little "street/prison" justice in his future....

There is no excuse for rape. There is no excuse for any woman handing over her safety to a rapist either.

You should have stopped with "There is no excuse for rape".

Is it OK to beat and rob an unconscious man? Is it the man's fault if he's beaten and robbed, after all, he got drunk and left himself vulnerable. Should his assailants get a lesser sentence because he was drunk?

Is it OK to beat and rob an unconscious man? Is it the man's fault if he's beaten and robbed, after all, he got drunk and left himself vulnerable. Should his assailants get a lesser sentence because he was drunk?

Odd thing... I've had conversations with two women on this incident. Both of them started off with, "How dumb could this woman be?". One of the woman even implied she got what she went for, just not how she wanted it.

Beating and robbing unconscious men happen every day. The first thing stolen is their shoes. Even before wallets, the shoes are going to go.

Assailants should not get a lesser sentence. If the man was robbed because he was drunk or high, he has to recognize that he put himself in that position.

Beating and robbing unconscious men happen every day. The first thing stolen is their shoes. Even before wallets, the shoes are going to go.

Assailants should not get a lesser sentence. If the man was robbed because he was drunk or high, he has to recognize that he put himself in that position.

Just like this woman should recognize that her behavior was not smart. But it, in no way, excuses the rapist for his disgusting act on an unconscious woman.

Forum List

Back