Let's be clear...trump will take his MAGA base and walk if not the 2024 nominee

Let's be clear...trump will take his MAGA base and walk if not the 2024 nominee​

No. Trump is losing his influence.
I don't think so.. How many times have we said this before..

The more that enter the race the more it dilutes the others. Trump has Trump base and that is still a very powerful group within the GOP.

I don't think so.. How many times have we said this before..

The more that enter the race the more it dilutes the others. Trump has Trump base and that is still a very powerful group within the GOP.
Trump’s influence is declining. It’s pretty obvious.

Against Trumpism, for certain!
Voting for a RINO/NEO CON is going to be difficult for me. No more bush family, Dole's, McCain's, Romney and such. Progs vision of unity is still moving left with Republicans help however complaining and causing discourse with the peasants because it is to slow.

Your whole screed indicates that you don't realize that Trump isn't the disease, he's the rash it's broken out into this week.
I agree with you on that, for different reasons. TDS was by no means the first Democratic ___________ Derangement Syndrom. They have hated every Republoican president and pretended that aaaaaany other Republican would have been better for as long as I have been watching them. Their hatred for GWB was the first genuine mental illness, as opposed to Bush 41, Reagan, Nixon, and Eisenhower who they would constantly insult and belittle, but never to the point of literal mouth-foaming as with W., and now Orange Man.

Pretty much since Nixon, the GOP has used racism, homophobia, xenophobia, misogyny and religious fanaticism to get stupid white people to vote against their own economic interests by playing on their racial, religious and sexual fears. Trump just got rid of the dog whistles and replaced it with a bullhorn.
"Dog whistles" is my favorite non-sensicle Democratic catch phrase used to slam a Republican for something that they didn't say, but that Dems claim to be able to hear due to extra-sensitive ears. That's call "auditory hallucination" and it isn't some super-power, but part of the mental illness.
The problem is, that doesn't work anymore. 30% of the electorate is non-white now, and growing. And younger white kids just aren't buying into the dog whistles anymore. This is why Desantis does well playing the homophobic card with older voters in Florida (AKA Death's Waiting Room) but in the rest of the country, that just doesn't play. Gays and blacks just aren't that scary to younger voters.
More non-whites voted for Trump than voted for any previous Republican. If your feet and ankles feel wet right now, that's because your argument doesn't hold water.
So if you take out the racial, religious and sexual bullshit, all the GOP has to run on is, "We want you to work harder to make the rich richer!"

And you'd have to be a complete fucking idiot to vote for that.
That the Republicans want us to work harder to enrich the government, I can't dispute. They join the Dems in doing that every year, while making a show of opposing it. Trump was the tax-cutting president and his economy grew exponentially until the Wuhan Flu struck and and Fauci seized control of that economy.

As far as the wealthy corporations, they've gone more and more woke ever since Bill Gates found out that starting a charity supporting liberal causes magically got the government off his back on the phony monopoly investigations.

Last edited:
Against Trumpism, for certain!
And that's a real benefit for the Democrats. There are many of us who have voted for the Democratic nominee only because we're voting against Trumpism and all its forms.

I'd have voted third party otherwise. Easy call.

I demand some appreciation from the Democratic Party! (Maybe a bottle of single malt)

I'm guessing that we'll know he's panicking if we see him posting about third party.

I was going to say "vaguely about third party", but that requires nuance, and he lacks that capacity.
Maybe he can hire the criminal Bannon if he isn't in jail?

No, against TRUMP!. His name will be mentioned more times than the nominee's. It will be as if the Quid Pro years never even happened and it's still 2020.
No doubt! IF THE R CANDIDATE, supports Trumpism.... Trump's name will be used..... If it is a conservative never Trumper candidate, then Trump's name will be ineffective and not used!

Then it goes back to fighting and name calling, over issues again! :D

No doubt! IF THE R CANDIDATE, supports Trumpism.... Trump's name will be used..... If it is a conservative never Trumper candidate, then Trump's name will be ineffective and not used!

Then it goes back to fighting and name calling, over issues again! :D
No, it doesn't matter who it is, the narrative was set as soon as Quid Pro took office. Of course the democrats are going to go dirty and smear the candidate, it's what they do, but even if he/she is the most severe never TRUMP!er on record, they will attempt to tie them to him. They don't want to waste their investment in their TRUMP! hate ads and protest signs. Any pictures of the candidate even in the same room as TRUMP! would be endlessly looped and the usual suspects would be on here insisting that whomever it is really worships TRUJMP!.

After all, TRUMP!ism is really all about making America stronger, more competitive and more compassionate, so it's inevitable that the Republican candidate will emphasize those things.

Let's be clear...trump will take his MAGA base and walk if not the 2024 nominee​

Well, his base isn't as powerful as it was, but even if it shrinks more, it will be more than enough to determine the party's direction. As long as he wants to (and is able to) run, I don't see that changing.

So yes, and this could cause big problems for the GOP. Maybe they nominate Trump, but he comes with a ton of baggage now and could easily get thrashed in November. If the early Primaries start going to someone else (doesn't matter who), he will threaten to take his minions and run Independent, which everyone knows will hand the keys to the kingdom to any Democrats (doesn't matter who) who runs against them.

He might or might not actually run third party, but if he starts losing, it is absolutely within his character to threaten to run third party, to give himself the nod.

I'm guessing that we'll know he's panicking if we see him posting about third party.

I was going to say "vaguely about third party", but that requires nuance, and he lacks that capacity.
trump's greatest enemy is not Georgia or even the DOJ...but it is his mouth.

I agree with you on that, for different reasons. TDS was by no means the first Democratic ___________ Derangement Syndrom. They have hated every Republoican president and pretended that aaaaaany other Republican would have been better for as long as I have been watching them. Their hatred for GWB was the first genuine mental illness, as opposed to Bush 41, Reagan, Nixon, and Eisenhower who they would constantly insult and belittle, but never to the point of literal mouth-foaming as with W., and now Orange Man.

Well, it's clear that my point went over your head. The problem with Republicans since Nixon is that knowing they can't sell their economic rat poison, they sell the racial, religious and sexual grievances to get white people to vote for the rat poison.

"Dog whistles" is my favorite non-sensicle Democratic catch phrase used to slam a Republican for something that they didn't say, but that Dems claim to be able to hear due to extra-sensitive ears. That's call "auditory hallucination" and it isn't some super-power, but part of the mental illness.

Um, no, it's pretty clear what you mean.
"Obama wasn't born here" - racism
"Crime is out of control- American Carnage!" (even though crime is at decades long lows) _ racism
"Affirmative Action is unfair" - racism.
"We need to save Marriage" - Homophobia.

More non-whites voted for Trump than voted for any previous Republican. If your feet and ankles feel wet right now, that's because your argument doesn't hold water.

First, that's questionable. In shere numbers, maybe, but only because the electorate is larger than it has ever been. Reagan and Bush-43 both did better in terms of percentages, though.

That the Republicans want us to work harder to enrich the government, I can't dispute. They join the Dems in doing that every year, while making a show of opposing it. Trump was the tax-cutting president and his economy grew exponentially until the Wuhan Flu struck and and Fauci seized control of that economy.

Wow, how does one "enrich" the government, exactly. We demand certain services from the government. The only difference is that Republicans just borrow money we don't have while Democrats want the rich to pay their fair share. Trump ran up more debt in his four years than Obama did in 8.

As far as the wealthy corporations, they've gone more and more woke ever since Bill Gates found out that starting a charity supporting liberal causes magically got the government off his back on the phony monopoly investigations.

Meh, actually, Bill has always been kind of a liberal dude.. all the tech guys are.

The real problem is that Big Corporations are realizing that they have created a monster. They might play on your religious stupidity but not a one of them wants to actually live in the Republic of Gilead.

Forum List

Back