Let me be the first to dash the hopes of fans of other teams.

I think Nick is a better recruiter than a coach frankly. When he doenst have an overwhelming talent advantage at every position on the field he doesnt do nearly as well.

I think Nick is a better recruiter than a coach frankly. When he doenst have an overwhelming talent advantage at every position on the field he doesnt do nearly as well.

He recruits incredibly well. And he develops the talent he recruits incredibly well.

Starting with his undefeated season in 2009, Saban has won 6 National Championships with 5 Offensive Coordinators, 3 Defensive Coordinators, and 5 different QBs.

In his time at Alabama he has won 6 National Championships. In that same time span, Dabo Sweeney at Clemson has won 2. No one else has won more than one.

Between 2008 and 2020, Saban has lost a total of 17 games. One season he lost 3 (2010). Four seasons he lost just 2 games (2008,2013,2014,2019).
In the other eight seasons he has lost one game or less.

Doesn't do nearly as well? lol When was that? When he missed the playoffs one year? When he lost 3 games one year?

Since 2008, the Crimson Tide has not ended the season outside the Top 10. Not once. In 2010 the AP listed them at #10 in the final poll. That was the worst they have been ranked at the end of the season for 13 seasons. The Crimson Tide, in 13 seasons, have only been ranked outside the Top 5 for four of those years.

So, in 13 seasons, Saban has:
Gone 163-17
Won 6 National Championships
Lost 1 game or less for 8 seasons
Been ranked in the Top 10 every year
Been ranked in the Top 5 at the end of 9 seasons

There is no better college football coach in History than Nick Saban. He has won it all with completely different defensive and offensive schemes. He has adapted to what he had and what he faced. His coordinators and assistant coaches are poached every year. And he has consistently put players in the NFL and had high numbers graduate.

Oh, and recruiting is one of the most important jobs for a Head Coach. don't pretend it is not.

He recruits incredibly well. And he develops the talent he recruits incredibly well.

Starting with his undefeated season in 2009, Saban has won 6 National Championships with 5 Offensive Coordinators, 3 Defensive Coordinators, and 5 different QBs.

In his time at Alabama he has won 6 National Championships. In that same time span, Dabo Sweeney at Clemson has won 2. No one else has won more than one.

Between 2008 and 2020, Saban has lost a total of 17 games. One season he lost 3 (2010). Four seasons he lost just 2 games (2008,2013,2014,2019).

Doesn't do nearly as well? lol When was that? When he missed the playoffs one year? When he lost 3 games one year?

Since 2008, the Crimson Tide has not ended the season outside the Top 10. Not once. In 2010 the AP listed them at #10 in the final poll. That was the worst they have been ranked at the end of the season for 13 seasons. The Crimson Tide, in 13 seasons, have only been ranked outside the Top 5 for four of those years.

Gone 163-17

There is no better college football coach in History than Nick Saban. He has won it all with completely different defensive and offensive schemes. He has adapted to what he had and what he faced. His coordinators and assistant coaches are poached every year. And he has consistently put players in the NFL and had high numbers graduate.

Oh, and recruiting is one of the most important jobs for a Head Coach. don't pretend it is not.
I said that he was a great recruiter. Doesn’t make him a great coach. No one said he hasn’t been successful, o one said he hasn’t won a ton of games. But give me his same rosters against the same opponents and I bet I win 3-4 Nattys and lose maybe 5-10 more games max over the same time span.

Gone 163-17

I said that he was a great recruiter. Doesn’t make him a great coach. No one said he hasn’t been successful, o one said he hasn’t won a ton of games. But give me his same rosters against the same opponents and I bet I win 3-4 Nattys and lose maybe 5-10 more games max over the same time span.
Doubtful. Where do you coach at again?

Gigantic waste of money. There is no reason the taxpayers should be paying any football coach anything...much less the gazillions of dollars they are paying this guy with almost zero return on investment.

Gone 163-17

First of all, as I said, recruiting is one of the most important duties of a Head Coach. Also, Saban gets the most out of those great recruiting classes. Most other head coaches do not.

He is a great coach because he recruits the best, gets the most out of his players, and makes the right calls at the right time. Very few times in any sport can you point to a single call by a head coach as being responsible for winning a championship game. Saban has done it twice. First, by calling an onside kick against Clemson. With Clemson's defense, that was a gutsy call. And second, by benching a QB that was 26-2 in favor of a true freshman that had only played in garbage time.

I know what you are saying as far as great players go. But those great players come to UA because of Saban. And he has beaten teams with just as many great players.

For the 2020 season he beat 11 SEC teams. Georgia had great players. Florida had great players. Nick beat them.
Then he beat 2 of the biggest names in college football in Notre Dame and Ohio State. And he didn't just win. He beat the hell out of them.

I would love to hear any division 1 head coach you think is a better coach.

Gigantic waste of money. There is no reason the taxpayers should be paying any football coach anything...much less the gazillions of dollars they are paying this guy with almost zero return on investment.

First off, Nick Saban's contracts have always included a lot of money from outside sources by way of endorsements. It has also paid off for the University of Alabama. The Crimson Tide is one of the most profitable football teams in the country. Enough so that the football revenue supports the entire athletic dept and still contributes millions of dollars to provide for faculty support and non-athletic scholarships.

And since Saban has been at UA, the number of out-of-state students has doubled. Which brings in even more revenue.

Gone 163-17

First of all, as I said, recruiting is one of the most important duties of a Head Coach. Also, Saban gets the most out of those great recruiting classes. Most other head coaches do not.

He is a great coach because he recruits the best, gets the most out of his players, and makes the right calls at the right time. Very few times in any sport can you point to a single call by a head coach as being responsible for winning a championship game. Saban has done it twice. First, by calling an onside kick against Clemson. With Clemson's defense, that was a gutsy call. And second, by benching a QB that was 26-2 in favor of a true freshman that had only played in garbage time.

I know what you are saying as far as great players go. But those great players come to UA because of Saban. And he has beaten teams with just as many great players.

For the 2020 season he beat 11 SEC teams. Georgia had great players. Florida had great players. Nick beat them.
Then he beat 2 of the biggest names in college football in Notre Dame and Ohio State. And he didn't just win. He beat the hell out of them.

Only in college (and Catholic HS’s) is recruiting important. Look he’s a good coach. But Alabama is a self licking ice cream cone. They get the best players because they are good and get on TV a lot and they are good and get on TV a lot because they get the best players. Nick didn’t last in the NFL because he couldn‘t make it when his players weren’t the best on the field at every position. And as far as a better actual coach check out Mount Union. That dude can coach.

First off, Nick Saban's contracts have always included a lot of money from outside sources by way of endorsements. It has also paid off for the University of Alabama. The Crimson Tide is one of the most profitable football teams in the country. Enough so that the football revenue supports the entire athletic dept and still contributes millions of dollars to provide for faculty support and non-athletic scholarships.

And since Saban has been at UA, the number of out-of-state students has doubled. Which brings in even more revenue.
Also did you graduate or play ball at Alabama?

Gone 163-17

Only in college (and Catholic HS’s) is recruiting important. Look he’s a good coach. But Alabama is a self licking ice cream cone. They get the best players because they are good and get on TV a lot and they are good and get on TV a lot because they get the best players. Nick didn’t last in the NFL because he couldn‘t make it when his players weren’t the best on the field at every position. And as far as a better actual coach check out Mount Union. That dude can coach.

I am sure the head coach at Mount Union is a good coach. But it is Division III ball. You do not play the best teams in the country year in and year out.

Oh, and Saban's recruiting started before he won a National Championship at Alabama. He had the #1 recruiting class in 2008.

But now he has an even better recruiting tool. Every player he recruited, if they stayed 3 years, has a National Championship ring. So it will only be rolling onward.

And the 2021 recruiting class is supposed to be the best he has ever had.

Also did you graduate or play ball at Alabama?

Yes, I graduated from Alabama. So did my 3 children.

Congratulations Alabama.

And I was hoping Saban would run for president in 2024.

Nick doesn't have the patience with idiots that is required of a President.
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Maybe he just didn't have that much time for you that day?

I've met him. But he is always busy.

But as far as dealing with idiots, watch some of his press conferences on YouTube. He does not suffer fools lightly.

Cool...so with all of this money he brings in...tuition should be free for any Alabamans who wish to attend, right?

According to this site; it costs you about $22K after aid....

1623124385119.png

I'm not seeing the benefit for the average citizen of Alabama.

Now ditto for any public university and high school. I'm just picking out U of A because there is a thread on it.

Paying a coach so much is flat out crazy. Any coach. I don't care who he or she is.

Cool...so with all of this money he brings in...tuition should be free for any Alabamans who wish to attend, right?

View attachment 498507

Now ditto for any public university and high school. I'm just picking out U of A because there is a thread on it.

Paying a coach so much is flat out crazy. Any coach. I don't care who he or she is.

The money spent is returned many times.

View attachment 498507

The money spent is returned many times.
Yes...the stadium has gotten bigger and more luxurious. The tuition? Higher and higher.

Again...the benefit for the average citizen of Alabama...non existent.

Forum List

Back