Lessons from the caucus

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
1) the fact that a majority of Republicans voted for minority candidates shows that the Democrats have been lying about Republican racism for years. Three of the four leading candidates were not white.

2) the Tea party has had tremendous impact on this election. Cruz and Rubio both being products of the Tea Party.

3) Hillary is not above cheating to win. Unless of course you actually believed she won all six coin tosses that have her the edge and all the precinct shenanigans are coincidence.

4) the people are angry at the establishment in both parties.

5) there is alot of enthusiasm on the Republican side, not so much with Democrats.

6) Democrats haven't had any new ideas since 1912.

7) Cruz fans shouldn't get too excited; look at what happened to the last two GOP Iowa caucus winners (Huckabee and Santorum)

What I learned from the cactus was they have points and will stick it to you if you let them.

1) the fact that a majority of Republicans voted for minority candidates shows that the Democrats have been lying about Republican racism for years. Three of the four leading candidates were not white.

2) the Tea party has had tremendous impact on this election. Cruz and Rubio both being products of the Tea Party.

3) Hillary is not above cheating to win. Unless of course you actually believed she won all six coin tosses that have her the edge and all the precinct shenanigans are coincidence.

5) there is alot of enthusiasm on the Republican side, not so much with Democrats.

Interesting that you mention Hillary cheating but not Ted Cruz who obviously threw Carson under the bus, ..
Go ahead and live in your bubble with Rose Republican Glasses..

Why didn't you just put this overtly partisan/highly opinionated thread in the Op-Ed sub-forum

That the Dems haven't provided any solutions to the nation's ills is laughable. Repubs haven't changed their platfotm in 40+ years. It consists of two items:

1) cut taxes on the wealthy
2) deregulate (let polluters run wild)

Except that doesn't tell the whole story. In fact, there were at least a dozen tiebreakers — and "Sen. Sanders won at least a handful," an Iowa Democratic Party official told NPR.

Coin-Toss Fact Check: No, Coin Flips Did Not Win Iowa For Hillary Clinton

Interesting that you mention Hillary cheating but not Ted Cruz who obviously threw Carson under the bus, ..

Crux cheated but his cheating may not be paid for until New Hampshire.

Those are your takeaways?

Here is what really took place.

1. The GOP Happened to vote for a man who is an ethnic minority; not because of what he would do for ethnic minorities.
2. The ethnic minority who won has zero appeal to independents. In case you don't know and I'm betting you don't from the list you posted...independents are barred from voting in the Iowa Caucuses.
3. Independents will (as always) determine who occupies the White House for the next 4 years.
4. Nobody is "angry" at anyone. Karl Rove had it right; there are Democrats and Republicans and then there are democrats and republicans (with small letters).... There are just more republicans with smaller letters than last time given the capture of the Congress and the fact it has been MIA since then.
5. There is zero enthusiasm for the GOP; they had more ads on TV and a clown leading the charge followed by an army of fools.
6.New Ideas? The GOP wants to start yet another war in the ME for the 3rd time in 25 years.

Except it was Steve King who passed along the CNN report, not Cruz. Cruz knew nothing about it until after the fact, and he's also apologized to Carson.

Cruz and Rubio are not white? Really???
Really... Hispanics considered to be a minority group according to the U.S. Government, no?
Are you saying because they have Hispanic heritage they can NOT be white? That's all I was commenting on... without his last name, no one would know Cruz is not white, (he's 'whiter' than me and I am 100% Caucasian) and you know there are Hispanics that are white as snow, such as Cruz, same with Rubio's looks, he is white, like an Italian, or a number of Americans....

Or are you saying these 2 men USED their Hispanic heritage to gain access to the many affirmative action/like benefits provided to Hispanic minorities???

Yes, I was being a little picky, on Avatar saying these two men were NOT white, but I do understand what he meant and what you are saying....any person's blood that is not 100% Caucasian, makes one a minority.... (I guess)

1. The GOP Happened to vote for a man who is an ethnic minority; not because of what he would do for ethnic minorities.
2. The ethnic minority who won has zero appeal to independents. In case you don't know and I'm betting you don't from the list you posted...independents are barred from voting in the Iowa Caucuses.
3. Independents will (as always) determine who occupies the White House for the next 4 years.
4. Nobody is "angry" at anyone. Karl Rove had it right; there are Democrats and Republicans and then there are democrats and republicans (with small letters).... There are just more republicans with smaller letters than last time given the capture of the Congress and the fact it has been MIA since then.
5. There is zero enthusiasm for the GOP; they had more ads on TV and a clown leading the charge followed by an army of fools.
6.New Ideas? The GOP wants to start yet another war in the ME for the 3rd time in 25 years.

Right, no enthusiasm for the GOP, except they had the largest turnout ever in Iowa, nope no enthusiasm at all. The first two got more votes than any GOP winner in caucus history. Nope, no enthusiasm at all. ROFLMAO

Cruz and Rubio are not white? Really???
Really... Hispanics considered to be a minority group according to the U.S. Government, no?
Are you saying because they have Hispanic heritage they can NOT be white? That's all I was commenting on... without his last name, no one would know Cruz is not white, (he's 'whiter' than me and I am 100% Caucasian) and you know there are Hispanics that are white as snow, such as Cruz, same with Rubio's looks, he is white, like an Italian, or a number of Americans....

Or are you saying these 2 men USED their Hispanic heritage to gain access to the many affirmative action/like benefits provided to Hispanic minorities???

Yes, I was being a little picky, on Avatar saying these two men were NOT white, but I do understand what he meant and what you are saying....any person's blood that is not 100% Caucasian, makes one a minority.... (I guess)

you are saying....any person's blood that is not 100% Caucasian, makes one a minority.... (I guess)

The dear leader thinks he's a minority.

i think the coin tosses will kill Hillary. People are getting sick of her blatant cheating.
Plus voters watched the blatant cheating the last time she ran. I'm surprised anyone campaigns for these assholes.

Right, no enthusiasm for the GOP, except they had the largest turnout ever in Iowa, nope no enthusiasm at all. The first two got more votes than any GOP winner in caucus history. Nope, no enthusiasm at all. ROFLMAO

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only Republicans are allowed to vote in the GOP Caucuses...by ordinance....Neither of the top two will get an independent sniff much less a vote in the General. Rubio may get some independent looks....but not enough to unseat Clinton once she wins and Obama begins campaigning for her.

Here is how enthusiastic it was; someone told some Caucus goers that one of the candidates dropped out. And apparently the enthusiasm was so great...it was believed by the caucus voters.

Forum List

Back