Leslie West RIP

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
It seems like only yesterday, when I was lying on my bed with the black light illuminating the posters above me as I listened to Mississippi Queen.

Hard to believe that was 50 years ago.

"Leslie West was the very first US guitar player I met when Humble Pie opened for Mountain here. Leslie's playing and sound had me glued watching everything he did. He was a sweetheart and an extremely funny man. I love you Leslie and will miss you dear friend. RIP" --Peter Frampton

"Very sad about my dear friend @lwestmountain's passing" --Ozzy Osbourne

"Rest In Peace #LeslieWest. His guitar tone on "Mississippi Queen" is hands down the BADDEST guitar tone on record." --Tom Morello

"The great Leslie West !!! Our prayers are with you ..." --Gene Simmons

"RIP," Slash wrote on Instagram alongside a picture of the Leslie West. Just a few days before Leslie's passing, Slash wrote on Instagram, "Sending tons of positive energy to #LeslieWest to get better as quickly & thoroughly as he can. We're all thinking of him during this time."

"So very sad. Leslie's tone could stop a rhino in a full charge. Mountain sound was massive. Leslie was a warm and lovely guy. Sad." --Paul Stanley

"I didn't even know there was a Les Paul Jr. until I saw @lwestmountain with it. This mountain of a man with this little guitar...and he made it scream and sing and...God I miss him." --Dee Snider

"Rest in peace @lwestmountain we became friends in the 90s and I'll never forget you bringing your whole family to Jekyll and Hyde on Broadway and you and me staying up all night after the show in my hotel room hanging out talking about rock and roll. F off 2020" --Sebastian Bach

"One of the baddest, true hard-core rock and roll guitar warriors that ever lived! Never In My Life did I find a legend like you. Great musicians will never die. Rest in Peace Leslie West. @lwestmountain" --Lita Ford

"Rest In Peace friend. Thank you for allowing me in your world. Leslie West was a rock and roll hall of fame member that didn't need a statue nor ceremony to prove it. He just was and will always be." --Joe Bonamassa

"Will never forget those nights with the top down, and listening to Leslie shred it. Oh yeah, and the car's top was down too! RIP Les" ~~Digital Drifter

"R.I.P Leslie West...Yet another sad loss...I've never tired of listening to Mountain..." --David Coverdale

"R.I.P. Leslie West. We had some great times together onstage and some legendary laughs everyday on tour. Thank you for all the great music. My deepest condolences to the West family." --Joe Satriani

"Sad to hear of Leslie West's passing. Such a lovely bloke. He was fantastic to us when Sabbath supported Mountain on our first US tour. He came to see us at Mohegan Sun, even though he was wheelchair bound. Mississippi Queen one of, if not the, greatest riff of all time. RIP" --Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath

Dee Snider "told me Leslie West of Mountain was in his final moments. His Long Red has been sampled over 700 times. If you need a reference Just check the very beginning of Eric B is President." --Chuck D of Public Enemy

"Rest In Peace, friend. Grin opened for Mountain and West, Bruce and Lang through early '70's. Sweet, bad a-- blues man. Got to play together first Rock n Roll Fantasy Camp. I'll always remember his smile as he looked me in the eye, inspired and shared his gifts. #LeslieWest" --Nils Lofgren of the E Street Band

Mountain Climbing is great but the best song on it is not the great Queen but rather Theme from an Imaginary Western.
I met him close to 3 years ago at a private event in OCean City Md. interesting to hear him say how he used three fingers for his unique sound. Papalardi death a real soap opera mess.

Forum List

Back