Zone1 Leftists object to (possible) selection of James Bond actor because….

If body counts are the only concern then what about the anti-cop and defund the police hysteria after George Floyd, considering that blacks kill more blacks than cops do?
But what about…but what about…You are conflating multiple events into one thing that have nothing to do with hate crimes against specific groups. Well done.

From my perspective, I would be more concerned with ideologies that spawned actual violence against me as opposed to college campus rhetoric or intimidation. That isn’t to say it should be ignored, but any equivalency is lost once you start engaging in violent actions against people. The OP seems constantly (in multiple threads) give a pass to her own political side.

Excellent point. If body count is what matters, why did the BLM vent their rage on cops when 99% of deaths of by other causes - with the vast majority of blacks being murdered by other blacks?
What does that have to with ideologically based hate against specific groups?

What does that have to with ideologically based hate against specific groups?
It shows that body count isn’t the measure.

When Jews start shoving Palestinian babies into ovens and/or cutting their little heads off…..or tying toddlers to their parents and setting them all on fire to burn to death….or raping a woman while another slices off her breasts and laughs as he tosses them around….let me know.

There’s no moral equivalence. All HAMAS has to do is surrender and return the hostages, if any have survived 5 months of abuse, and it will be over.

But Far Left & Left own 21st Century Antisemitism
Absolutely. And they’re the ones using Israel to push it. There would be NO tolerance for the Nazi-era hate being spewed if it were against any other group than Jews.

Can you imagine if a group of whites were chanting “Death to Blacks?” at Harvard, and a Congressperson asked the Harvard president if it were OK to call for the genocide of blacks - and she answered “it could be, depending on the context”?

I have never seen such widespread antisemitism in my life, and it is coming from the Left 90% of the time.

(Cue up…..but, but, Charlottesville from the last decade!)

Absolutely. And they’re the ones using Israel to push it. There would be NO tolerance for the Nazi-era hate being spewed if it were against any other group than Jews.

Can you imagine if a group of whites were chanting “Death to Blacks?” at Harvard, and a Congressperson asked the Harvard president if it were OK to call for the genocide of blacks - and she answered “it could be, depending on the context”?

I have never seen such widespread antisemitism in my life, and it is coming from the Left 90% of the time.

(Cue up…..but, but, Charlottesville from the last decade!)
My guess is 92% of the time

My guess is 92% of the time
Going by the posters on this forum, sounds about right.

And what makes it so ironic is that it is those on the left who claim they hate bigots. And they’re the worst.

I just linked to an article.…
post #148.

1) And if there aren’t any calls to kill Jews on liberal universities, why were the three lib presidents called to Congress, asked to condemn the calls to genocide Jews being shouted on their campuses, and they refused? They said in some contexts it’s OK.

They asked a general question about whether they would discipline or expel a student if they called for genocide against Jews. Not a specific case (read it).

2) And why can’t we focus on the hate skyrocketing toward Jews? No other group is on the receiving end of death chants! When you keep insisting on saying….well, there’s hate toward other groups, too, aren’t you diminishing the hate toward Jews?
I dunno…when we talk about racism you coming bounding in with antisemitism, why does it bother you?

NO group (in this country) is on the receiving end of death chants that I am aware of. Even Jewish groups pointed out the protesters were not calling for genocide of Jews but chanting: “Israel, we charge you with genocide.” Apparently that is a common chant during pro-Palestinian protests.

Given how much you diminish hate against other groups, you really don’t have a leg to stand on.

It is all bad and has ratcheted way up, especially against Jews and Muslims after 10/7, and it needs to be taken seriously (but with strong protections for free speech rights). This is especially true with college campuses. However, turning it into a partisan exercise really helps no one.

I’m curious, what would you do to combat it?

3) After all, that was the insistence about Black Lives Matter. if anyone suggested that Mexican Lives Matter, or Jewish Lives Matter, or Gd-forbid White Lives Matter, the libs came out on the attack insisting this was to be focused on blacks and only blacks, and anyone who says other is…..you guessed it…..a racist.

Do you have a link showing libs attacking because someone said Mexican lives matter or Jewish lives matter?

So why do libs like yourself defend the right of blacks to focus solely on racism, but don’t allow Jews to focus solely on antisemitism.

I have zero issue with focusing solely on one “ism”. The issue for me is when you feel the need to minimize what others go through in order to make your point. That isn’t necessay.

Your double standards are all over the place.
Your own double standards have been laid bare.

How do you deal with hate directed against others solely because of who they are? Does it only count when your group is the target? Is that why you tear down the others by discounting them?

It shows that body count isn’t the measure.

No. It shows nothing. You are attempting to compare completely unrelated things.

When Jews start shoving Palestinian babies into ovens and/or cutting their little heads off…..or tying toddlers to their parents and setting them all on fire to burn to death….or raping a woman while another slices off her breasts and
laughs as he tosses them around….let me know.
Cue the predictable recitation of Hamas atrocities.

There’s no moral equivalence. All HAMAS has to do is surrender and return the hostages, if any have survived 5 months of abuse, and it will be over.
What attempted equivalence are you talking about?

They asked a general question about whether they would discipline or expel a student if they called for genocide against Jews. Not a specific case (read it).

I dunno…when we talk about racism you coming bounding in with antisemitism, why does it bother you?

NO group (in this country) is on the receiving end of death chants that I am aware of. Even Jewish groups pointed out the protesters were not calling for genocide of Jews but chanting: “Israel, we charge you with genocide.” Apparently that is a common chant during pro-Palestinian protests.

Given how much you diminish hate against other groups, you really don’t have a leg to stand on.

It is all bad and has ratcheted way up, especially against Jews and Muslims after 10/7, and it needs to be taken seriously (but with strong protections for free speech rights). This is especially true with college campuses. However, turning it into a partisan exercise really helps no one.

I’m curious, what would you do to combat it?

Do you have a link showing libs attacking because someone said Mexican lives matter or Jewish lives matter?

I have zero issue with focusing solely on one “ism”. The issue for me is when you feel the need to minimize what others go through in order to make your point. That isn’t necessay.

Your own double standards have been laid bare.

How do you deal with hate directed against others solely because of who they are? Does it only count when your group is the target? Is that why you tear down the others by discounting them?
You’re too hostile to me to continue a “discussion” particularly when you accuse of of doing what liberals do - and then you have no problem. You’ve already revealed your attitude toward Jews in earlier posts, and I’m done.

Why don’t you pick on that poster who is always posting videos of blacks acting like savages? Not Jewish, I’m guessing.

You are way too biased to be a mod.

It’s about attitude…not size.
Uh no , Imagine a Soy Bond in that Knifefight in a phone booth ( The Train Car Sleeper Fight to the death between Sean Connery Bond vs Strapping Muscled Robert Shaw that I consider one of the greatest fight scenes in Celluloid History )

You’re too hostile to me to continue a “discussion” particularly when you accuse of of doing what liberals do - and then you have no problem. You’ve already revealed your attitude toward Jews in earlier posts, and I’m done.
You like to dish it out but can’t take when it is given back?

There has actually been some discussion and a question you ignored. How would you address antisemitism in college campuses while protecting free speech?

Why don’t you pick on that poster who is always posting videos of blacks acting like savages? Not Jewish, I’m guessing.

Nope. After engaging several times I can recognize when it is futile. Hardcore racists (and other ists) don’t usually provide space for discussion.

You are way too biased to be a mod.

WOW! Talk about dismissing or downplaying prejudice. Shit!
No. Talk about your relentless USING of an atrocity to promote your point of view or dismiss discussions you don’t like. Using an atrocity like that doesn’t look good. We all know what Hamas did, but that doesn’t give you a free pass.

No. Talk about your relentless USING of an atrocity to promote your point of view or dismiss discussions you don’t like. Using an atrocity like that doesn’t look good. We all know what Hamas did, but that doesn’t give you a free pass.
Equating Arab atrocities to Israel prosecuting a War is very telling

Uh no , Imagine a Soy Bond in that Knifefight in a phone booth ( The Train Car Sleeper Fight to the death between Sean Connery Bond vs Strapping Muscled Robert Shaw that I consider one of the greatest fight scenes in Celluloid History )
My only complaint is he doesn’t look “cool” enough. He reminds me too much of Gene Wilder to see him in non-comedian roles. So…ya, it will be a stretch.

My only complaint is he doesn’t look “cool” enough. He reminds me too much of Gene Wilder to see him in non-comedian roles. So…ya, it will be a stretch.
Tom Ellis ( Lucifer) would have been an excellent Bond ( 4 years ago ) he is aging out of contention now , whomever gets the part needs to be late 30s at most

Equating Arab atrocities to Israel prosecuting a War is very telling
Depends on the discussion. What Hamas did is what Hamas did. No decent person would support or excuse it. But that doesn’t mean Israel has carte blanche to do as it wishes to Gaza and its civilian population free of criticism.

Forum List

Back