Left Now Engaged in Criminal Activity to Silence Rush

Rush calling a woman a slut when she whines about needing to pay for birth control in addition to her $30,000/year private law school bills, is just analyzing the situation. She must sleep with so many men to not be able to afford birth control....so she is a slut.

Meanwhile Bill Maher, calls Palin a slut and makes fun of her retarded child for what reason? Did Palin sleep around and demand free birth control the past few years to be called a slut? What did her child do to be made fun of?

That is the point, liberals are scum calling people names whereas people like Rush just make an observation about someone putting their face on TV with behavior consistent with a.....slut.

Keep up the anti women BS- love you morons. Birth control is cheaper in the long run for insurers than no birth control, but keep telling women how to live their lives- working just GREAT! LOL

Fitz my friend, there is simply no way to convince us that your enemies have dragged you into the mud they wallow in when you've been offered a hand up out of it and refused. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

The matter on both sides is covered by protected speech. Now it's just a matter of how low we can set the common denominator. There is no glory to be had here, there is no "win". There is no need to put yourself in this position. Those that will see your point already well have. The rest are not going to come around, much less by this method you have chosen in your attempt. I applaud your conviction but your method is in vain. Again, pull yourself together and stand up man.
I find two things interesting in your critique.

First, that I'm arguing over some vainglorious matter of honor. I am not. I know that many people here that are the target of my ire will not change their minds. It's not their minds I hope to change, but others who read silently. I don't know if you notice, but many people read these threads who are not members or have hidden themselves. I've received notes from them off and on in the past for making points or causing them to think differently about a situation. It's not often, but enough to let me know that those people are the audience, not the other bloke 'in the ring'. The method is not vain, it's just not for the benefit of the target unless they have actual intellectual honesty, and that is sadly lacking on this board.

Secondly, it takes a man to stand up instead of letting fools and charlatans just run rhetorical roughshod over you because to stand up for your beliefs, truth or just plain historical fact is impolite. Depending on the discussion, this is the course to take, but here? No. If you want to get compromise, find a nice heavily moderated board in which you agree with all the time, and will protect you from dissension. You are not going to shame me into silence by questioning my manhood.

Lastly, I bolded and highlighted Boncher's Maxim in my signature below. I live by it and know full well it's repercussions.

Keep up the anti women BS- love you morons. Birth control is cheaper in the long run for insurers than no birth control, but keep telling women how to live their lives- working just GREAT! LOL
Keep telling religions how to believe. THAT'S a winning argument.

Rush calling a woman a slut when she whines about needing to pay for birth control in addition to her $30,000/year private law school bills, is just analyzing the situation. She must sleep with so many men to not be able to afford birth control....so she is a slut.

Meanwhile Bill Maher, calls Palin a slut and makes fun of her retarded child for what reason? Did Palin sleep around and demand free birth control the past few years to be called a slut? What did her child do to be made fun of?

That is the point, liberals are scum calling people names whereas people like Rush just make an observation about someone putting their face on TV with behavior consistent with a.....slut.

The point is well taken. Each case is protected speech. WHY they said it or the rationalization for it are beside the point. There is no need to try and justify one with the other. Judge each one on it's individual merits. Neither has anything to do with the other. When we say "hey, whadda ya mean my guy offended you? He didn't offend anyone...YOUR GUY is the offensive one so leave my guy alone..."

Can anyone explain what EXACTLY this has ever accomplished besides continuing to drag the conversation to lower and lower levels. There is no justification from either side EXCEPT free, protected speech. For once, instead of seeing grown men and women have to argue that MY GUY isn't nearly disgusting as YOUR GUY maybe we could try and ELEVATE the conversation. I'd like to say, all right, I don't agree with that but I appreciate that it that it wasn't vulgar and it wasn't shouted at me.

I'm not a taking a side here guys. I'm asking for a more civilized conversation starting right here. Rush and Bill aren't here, we are.

You don't have the right to force Christians that oppose birth control to pay for it through their organizations.

You would not force muslims to serve pork in school......or eat it. You're just a fucking hypocrite and a liar.

Rush let his inner voice go out over the radio and most people listening were probably thinking the same as him.

Maher just calls Republican women names with no substance behind it because he thinks it makes him look cool and intelligent, when in fact it makes him look like a piece of shit that would be lucky to make it out alive from a bar. He hides out in Hollywood but he might walk into the wrong bar someday and his big nose will get pushed up into whatever little brain he has.

The point is well taken. Each case is protected speech. WHY they said it or the rationalization for it are beside the point. There is no need to try and justify one with the other. Judge each one on it's individual merits. Neither has anything to do with the other. When we say "hey, whadda ya mean my guy offended you? He didn't offend anyone...YOUR GUY is the offensive one so leave my guy alone..."

Can anyone explain what EXACTLY this has ever accomplished besides continuing to drag the conversation to lower and lower levels. There is no justification from either side EXCEPT free, protected speech. For once, instead of seeing grown men and women have to argue that MY GUY isn't nearly disgusting as YOUR GUY maybe we could try and ELEVATE the conversation. I'd like to say, all right, I don't agree with that but I appreciate that it that it wasn't vulgar and it wasn't shouted at me.

I'm not a taking a side here guys. I'm asking for a more civilized conversation starting right here. Rush and Bill aren't here, we are.

Watch the movie based on the court transcripts and actual interviews. It's incredible. This is one of the roots of the coarseness of the modern political process. These young kids are now the elders 'statesmen'. Their philosophies and tactics have only mellowed a little, and their tactics have improved. But the ideals have not changed.

Chicago Seven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Fitz my friend, there is simply no way to convince us that your enemies have dragged you into the mud they wallow in when you've been offered a hand up out of it and refused. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

The matter on both sides is covered by protected speech. Now it's just a matter of how low we can set the common denominator. There is no glory to be had here, there is no "win". There is no need to put yourself in this position. Those that will see your point already well have. The rest are not going to come around, much less by this method you have chosen in your attempt. I applaud your conviction but your method is in vain. Again, pull yourself together and stand up man.

First, that I'm arguing over some vainglorious matter of honor. I am not. I know that many people here that are the target of my ire will not change their minds. It's not their minds I hope to change, but others who read silently. I don't know if you notice, but many people read these threads who are not members or have hidden themselves. I've received notes from them off and on in the past for making points or causing them to think differently about a situation. It's not often, but enough to let me know that those people are the audience, not the other bloke 'in the ring'. The method is not vain, it's just not for the benefit of the target unless they have actual intellectual honesty, and that is sadly lacking on this board.

Secondly, it takes a man to stand up instead of letting fools and charlatans just run rhetorical roughshod over you because to stand up for your beliefs, truth or just plain historical fact is impolite. Depending on the discussion, this is the course to take, but here? No. If you want to get compromise, find a nice heavily moderated board in which you agree with all the time, and will protect you from dissension. You are not going to shame me into silence by questioning my manhood.

Lastly, I bolded and highlighted Boncher's Maxim in my signature below. I live by it and know full well it's repercussions.

I'm not a big fan of moderation, I prefer a civil conversation with reasonable, voluntary respect for one another. I'm not sure where my earlier comrades are, I will try and bring them to the conversation, but a few of the regulars here just yesterday made an excellent plea that we recapture shame. I thought it was a fine, Christian idea.

At any rate, I'd ask you think about this: I have stuck with you in this conversation and made a little investment in the conversation mostly because you seem like you might be a decent fellow that I want to hear out. But what you have just told me is that rather than respond to a polite and reasoned plea for your courtesy, you choose to carry on, in spite of my polite and reasonable debate, in hopes of influencing someone who you aren't even sure is listening? I find that rather disingenuous, wouldn't you say? If your intent is to influence people, why have you overlooked me? I've been right here, I haven't scoffed or insulted you, I have listened and responded politely and considered your opinion. I have offered feed back of a most reasonable and pleasant nature. And yet, you are prepared to disregard and any chance you have of of influencing a person who is ACTUALLY ENGAGED with you, so that you might instead ramble on with this conversation to the choir?

I won't give up on a more civil conversation Fitz. It doesn't serve me, it serves you my friend. I have no other reason to be here.

Nobody is- just telling them what no cost choices they have to offer their secular employees. But keep digging...lol!

Watch the movie based on the court transcripts and actual interviews. It's incredible. This is one of the roots of the coarseness of the modern political process. These young kids are now the elders 'statesmen'. Their philosophies and tactics have only mellowed a little, and their tactics have improved. But the ideals have not changed.

Fitz, you aren't hearing me I don't guess. You can't win my respect, or many other folks respect, by pointing to rationalization or causation for bad behavior. You have an opportunity to lead by example. This excellent tool we have here is your podium. Trust me, you can have a greater impact by adjusting your speech according to YOUR convictions and values, not lowering it to someone else.

It takes time, but you are an intelligent guy. I just ask that you try. Not all at once, but try.

I'm not a big fan of moderation, I prefer a civil conversation with reasonable, voluntary respect for one another. I'm not sure where my earlier comrades are, I will try and bring them to the conversation, but a few of the regulars here just yesterday made an excellent plea that we recapture shame. I thought it was a fine, Christian idea.

At any rate, I'd ask you think about this: I have stuck with you in this conversation and made a little investment in the conversation mostly because you seem like you might be a decent fellow that I want to hear out. But what you have just told me is that rather than respond to a polite and reasoned plea for your courtesy, you choose to carry on, in spite of my polite and reasonable debate, in hopes of influencing someone who you aren't even sure is listening? I find that rather disingenuous, wouldn't you say? If your intent is to influence people, why have you overlooked me? I've been right here, I haven't scoffed or insulted you, I have listened and responded politely and considered your opinion. I have offered feed back of a most reasonable and pleasant nature. And yet, you are prepared to disregard and any chance you have of of influencing a person who is ACTUALLY ENGAGED with you, so that you might instead ramble on with this conversation to the choir?

I won't give up on a more civil conversation Fitz. It doesn't serve me, it serves you my friend. I have no other reason to be here.
I'd love to see shame in the conversation more. There are a few on the right, but far far far FAR more on the left who need it desperately. I am a fervent enemy of double standards and hypocrisy, even though I know at times I've engaged in both. That's why that maxim is the way it is, and I've yet to find anyone who can find a flaw in it. We can only minimize the subjects and scales in which it is exhibited in us.

Yes, you have taken on a much more moderate tone, but I still see the claws and left handed compliments too. I am not blind to nuance. I have in the past been able to influence some of the people I've talked with, this is true. I've been influenced at times as well. But I also am not going to back down from my conviction for fear of offending someone with what I find factual. I like the quote from David Gerrold in one of his "War against the Chtorr" novels.

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. by Solomon Short"

You have questioned if people are listening to my diatribes. It varies. But with as many guests reading threads, at least someone out there is seeing it and learning something. Nobody knows the size of the footprint anyone has in any public conversation. There is always a surprise in who's listening. This is as private a conversation as a televised debate, and although most who see it won't comment, your comments as well as mine go a long way.

I'm sure that many won't notice the same things I do. For instance, I find the condescending tone taken as if to chide me like a parent does a child a bit.... distasteful, but none the less there. The same way you probably find my abrasive nature to be problematic. It could be unintentional, and possibly some of the ways you view my words are not as I intended. It's the reason why online conversation is not as good a medium as we may think.

In person, I'm fairly certain we'd be able to get along and maybe even personally like each other regardless of our intense political disagreements (assuming there are) on various topics. I know most people who meet me have said I'm charming witty and erudite. Of course I warn them I'm rude, crude, socially unacceptable, twisted, rotten and nasty; and those are my good points.

C'est la vie.

Nobody is- just telling them what no cost choices they have to offer their secular employees. But keep digging...lol!
It's called Planned Parenthood. Multiple locations near Georgetown.

Fitz, you aren't hearing me I don't guess. You can't win my respect, or many other folks respect, by pointing to rationalization or causation for bad behavior. You have an opportunity to lead by example. This excellent tool we have here is your podium. Trust me, you can have a greater impact by adjusting your speech according to YOUR convictions and values, not lowering it to someone else.

It takes time, but you are an intelligent guy. I just ask that you try. Not all at once, but try.
I'm not in this to 'win respect'. I'm in this to defend what I think is right and condemn what I think is wrong.

I have done the honey over vinegar approach. Some it works, but I also decide when to use both ingredients, and I'm done using honey with people who only respect vinegar.

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

So crazed is the left to silence those who oppose their agenda and dare mock their sacred cows, they have resorted to committing telecommunication crimes to get the word out and silence a private citizen.

Illegal robocalls accuse Republicans over Rush Limbaugh and 'slut' slur - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

The outrage should be towards this tactic, and prosection on those who have undertaken it.

Criminal activity is not protected free speech.

Women of the 99% Robocall Attacks Rush Limbaugh March 8, 2012 - YouTube

Watch out everybody!

Fitz has an edited audio tape posted on a right wing blog!

Oh Noez! It's the smoking gun!

So crazed is the left to silence those who oppose their agenda and dare mock their sacred cows, they have resorted to committing telecommunication crimes to get the word out and silence a private citizen.

Illegal robocalls accuse Republicans over Rush Limbaugh and 'slut' slur - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

The outrage should be towards this tactic, and prosection on those who have undertaken it.

Criminal activity is not protected free speech.

Women of the 99% Robocall Attacks Rush Limbaugh March 8, 2012 - YouTube

Watch out everybody!

Fitz has an edited audio tape posted on a right wing blog!

Oh Noez! It's the smoking gun!
The left has taught us that blogs are news sources. And the London Daily Mail is a 'right wing' source? Who knew? (Oh it's cause they turned on the glowbull wurming chicken littles... isn't it?)

Just living down to your standard. Then again, I've heard the robocalls from multiple sources. Shit, my family got one. So, yes, they're happening, and yes they're criminal.

Fitz, I am sorry if you felt "chided". My intention is not to chide anyone. If you did like I have and left this place a few years and then came back, you'd probably be appalled, as I must admit I am. I am not saying that to insult or hurt anyone. I am just being honest. The level of conversation here is below the moral fiber that most decent people will tell you they aspire to. And that is not a left or right statement. It's a statement from someone who has made an honest effort at improving myself and the people around me. I work a lot with the public, I belong to a lot of web communities. It is difficult to say without some here taking it personal but this is as vile and uncivilized a group of folks as I ever came across, regardless of which political flag is being flown under the name.

I guess that is kind of "chiding". Be that as it may, there is a more effective way to communicate than what we have here.

Forum List

Back