Leading physicist resigns in protest after speaker invite request denied over George Floyd riot comments

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It's just a matter of time before America starts losing top talent. The same way Canada has for decades. Now we are losing talent to many countries other than America, the U.S will suffer the same consequences if people don't feel free to pursue their dreams and speak their conscience.

The U.S must reject those who Cancel and decimate others who have opinions. In fact, maybe those who wish to destroy others, should be rewarded with similar treatment!

A leading climate physicist at Berkeley University resigned in protest after his colleagues rejected his bid to invite a speaker to campus following outrage on the speaker’s views on the sweeping violence last summer after George Floyd’s death.

"I hold BASC and its faculty – my friends and colleagues – in the highest regard, and so it has been a great honor to serve as BASC's director these past five years. But it was never my intention to lead an organization that is political or even ambiguously so," David Romps said in a Twitter thread explaining why he resigned as director of the Berkeley Atmospheric Sciences Center.

He resigned Monday after Berkeley rejected his request to invite Dorian Abbot to speak on campus, according to his Twitter thread. He will officially leave the position by the end of the year or when the school finds a replacement.

I guess being against having innocent peoples lives burned to the ground, or flat out ending, is bad to some.
And those people are the ones we are supposed to "listen to"
:lol:

It's just a matter of time before America starts losing top talent. The same way Canada has for decades. Now we are losing talent to many countries other than America, the U.S will suffer the same consequences if people don't feel free to pursue their dreams and speak their conscience.

The U.S must reject those who Cancel and decimate others who have opinions. In fact, maybe those who wish to destroy others, should be rewarded with similar treatment!

A leading climate physicist at Berkeley University resigned in protest after his colleagues rejected his bid to invite a speaker to campus following outrage on the speaker’s views on the sweeping violence last summer after George Floyd’s death.

"I hold BASC and its faculty – my friends and colleagues – in the highest regard, and so it has been a great honor to serve as BASC's director these past five years. But it was never my intention to lead an organization that is political or even ambiguously so," David Romps said in a Twitter thread explaining why he resigned as director of the Berkeley Atmospheric Sciences Center.

He resigned Monday after Berkeley rejected his request to invite Dorian Abbot to speak on campus, according to his Twitter thread. He will officially leave the position by the end of the year or when the school finds a replacement.
Even Fox News is guilty of bad journalism

I had to do a search to discover who Dorian Abbot is and what was making the lib wackos in academia so angry

Forum List

Back