Last person who was receiving a Civil War pension has died

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Well, a month ago anyway.

I read about this woman years ago, her mother was 28 when she married a Civil War vet who was 77.

Wouldn't that be weird that in 2020 she could still say her father was a Civil War vet.

Last Person to Receive a Civil War-Era Pension Dies

Irene Triplett, the last person receiving a pension from the U.S. Civil War, has died at the age of 90.

Ms. Triplett’s father, Mose Triplett, started fighting in the war for the Confederacy, but defected to the North in 1863. That decision earned his daughter Irene, the product of a late-in-life marriage to a woman almost 50 years his junior, a pension of $73.13 a month from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Ms. Triplett, who suffered from mental disabilities, qualified for federal financial support as a helpless ((CQ)) adult child of a veteran. She died Sunday from complications following surgery for injuries from a fall, according to the Wilkesboro, N.C., nursing home where she lived.

So we're done paying for the war between the states?

But not to worry. The Democrats have a new war of condescension to beat up everybody who refuses to go commie with them. And their war is spendy as they throw a trillion at this issue and a trillion at that, to benefit their offshore accounts.

But not to worry. The Democrats have a new war of condescension to beat up everybody who refuses to go commie with them. And their war is spendy as they throw a trillion at this issue and a trillion at that, to benefit their offshore accounts.

Meanwhile stepford, you blob just signed off on $2.2T in deficit spending and is preparing for another round of spending as well.

Meanwhile stepford, you blob just signed off on $2.2T in deficit spending and is preparing for another round of spending as well.
Well, well, well. The Demmies spend 2.2T and blame President Trump for it and call him an ugly name. Why am I not surprised.

Well, well, well. The Demmies spend 2.2T and blame President Trump for it and call him an ugly name. Why am I not surprised.

He signed off on it shit brains.

I am fairly confident my pension will be be there when I am on my death bed. Big changes a comin....big ones.

Don't worry. When you take over you will raise the federal tax on the peasant to 50% for the first 30 thousand dollars.

Yeah we can put it to bed now, and focus on the spouses and children of the Spanish American War.

Forum List

Back