Last nights violence is why cops treat inner city blacks the way they do.

152460_600.jpg

I don't get it. I truly don't. My roommate mentioned the crap going on in Ferguson and I said "they tore up their own town" and she said "that poor boy. They had a right to express their anger" and I said "by destroying their own town??? And that "boy" deserved what he got" and she looked at me like I was crazy. She yelled HE DID NOT! And I said well we have to agree to disagree. But the point is...what is not understood? they TRASHED that town, with businesses owned by other blacks, all for goods..NOT for Michael Brown. Even the parents are blaming everyone other than the guy himself for being a dick to the wrong person who happened to have a gun. What part of this do they refuse to understand???
"The boy deserved what he got? "

What did he do to deserve to be killed?

Or perhaps last night's violence is the result of cops treating inner city blacks the way they do. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
If that were the case, why did 96% of Ferguson commend the police department when they were asked how well they were doing just prior to Brown's death? I had the link here somewhere but don't remember which thread it is in.
Seems all was well in Ferguson until Brown decided to beat up a tiny asian man, steal, then attempt to harm a police officer and wound up shot.

I don't get it. I truly don't. My roommate mentioned the crap going on in Ferguson and I said "they tore up their own town" and she said "that poor boy. They had a right to express their anger" and I said "by destroying their own town??? And that "boy" deserved what he got" and she looked at me like I was crazy. She yelled HE DID NOT! And I said well we have to agree to disagree. But the point is...what is not understood? they TRASHED that town, with businesses owned by other blacks, all for goods..NOT for Michael Brown. Even the parents are blaming everyone other than the guy himself for being a dick to the wrong person who happened to have a gun. What part of this do they refuse to understand???

He was Black. Thats all that is required.

Robbery, attacking a police officer. If you are attacked by a 6'2" 300 lb man, what would you do? Cry and beg? Pray he didn't beat you up too badly or kill you? Or protect yourself?

Or perhaps last night's violence is the result of cops treating inner city blacks the way they do. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
If that were the case, why did 96% of Ferguson commend the police department when they were asked how well they were doing just prior to Brown's death? I had the link here somewhere but don't remember which thread it is in.
Seems all was well in Ferguson until Brown decided to beat up a tiny asian man, steal, then attempt to harm a police officer and wound up shot.
Who told you it was 96% of the population? Most of the Black people say the PD is racist. Its amazing what white people claim to know about Black people.

Racial Tensions in Ferguson Started Long Before DontShoot - US News

Robbery, attacking a police officer. If you are attacked by a 6'2" 300 lb man, what would you do? Cry and beg? Pray he didn't beat you up too badly or kill you? Or protect yourself?
If the cop was scared for his life and acted in self defense then perhaps the cop shouldn't be convicted of murdering the unarmed teenager that he shot down but that doesn't mean the child deserved to die. I don't know what actually happened. People do stupid things all the time that gets them killed (there are web site devoted to this) but it doesn't mean they deserve to die. Your roommate should have looked at you like you were crazy... what is not understood?

Last night's violence was minimized by smart police-work.

The right wing need to expel testosterone at every turn is hilarious but what "the man" doesn't realize is that they won last night...

So ALL black people deserved to be treated without regard to their civil rights because a few bad actors rioted? Why don't we just go back to Jim Crow? I mean I guess it's for their own good right? (sarcasm alert)

So ALL black people deserved to be treated without regard to their civil rights because a few bad actors rioted? Why don't we just go back to Jim Crow? I mean I guess it's for their own good right? (sarcasm alert)

You don't have a civil right to attack a police officer without being shot.

God damned idiots.

If that were the case, why did 96% of Ferguson commend the police department when they were asked how well they were doing just prior to Brown's death?

There isn't even a remote chance of that being true.
I don't know if it is or not. I saw it on AOL news and posted the entire link yesterday. Your mileage may vary as to what is fact or fictional.

If that were the case, why did 96% of Ferguson commend the police department when they were asked how well they were doing just prior to Brown's death?

There isn't even a remote chance of that being true.
I don't know if it is or not.

Then why did you make a declarative statement affirming so?
Found it. 69% said the police force were good to excellent.

Scroll past the vid and read the text. Results are in there.
Wife of Ferguson police officer fears for her family s safety - AOL.com

Why did I make a declarative statement? Because it was on the news and I just brought it here. And? Is that a problem?

Here..need some more help?

FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – Wives and children of many police officers are in virtual hiding, as some face assault and death threats. Fox Files investigator Chris Hayes talked with the wife of a Ferguson officer who said she's not leaving town, because she fears people aren't hearing the whole truth about her husband's department.

During the spring of 2014, the City of Ferguson commissioned a study to find out what residents thought about City services, including the Ferguson Police Department. It's data that some fear could be met with threats of violence, at a time when police families are already telling their sons and daughters, "Don't tell anyone you're the child of a police officer."

PHOTO GALLERY | 1 of 29 IMAGES

⟨⟩

The police wife said, "We don't have answers for them" as she broke down. Then she continued, "It's very frightening. Most people who have a family member who's a police officer are very proud of what they do."

She remains proud, in hiding. We protected her identity for her safety. She continued, "This is real and people actually do know how to find us and they do want to harm us."

She's received many strange calls, including this message, just before I met her, (Unknown caller) "Would you rather hear me coming out, coming out and robbing your house? And it would be like, it'd just be like silence man, you couldn't hear nothing."

She talked about looking over her shoulder, "Did they follow me here? Did I do a good enough job after work today of taking different routes, on my way home. Just letting my younger daughter leave the house ..."

She says some families are leaving town. She says she's decided to stay for Ferguson Police officers, but also for Ferguson residents, who ranked the police department as one of the best city services.

It's in a survey no one's talked about, headed by a Professor at University of Missouri-St. Louis. It's from May of 2014, before any unrest, when the City of Ferguson wanted to know what residents thought about annexing an area north of 270.

Researchers asked registered voters and 61 percent of them said they believed Ferguson was "moving in the right direction." Then citizens ranked city services, putting police third after the fire department and trash service (above six other departments like "code enforcement" and "streets," at the bottom).

When you break it down by ward, even the area surrounding Canfield where Michael Brown died, 69% of those residents rated Ferguson Police good or excellent. Only 4% scored Ferguson police as poor.

The police wife fears the public is not hearing everything. When people complained about militarization of police, she said it wasn't Ferguson police with the heavy gear. She said, "They didn't have the equipment they needed." Not even helmets, until families pooled their money to buy them.

Now she wonders if the Department of Justice also only hears those screaming loudest. She added, "Well, it appears the DOJ made up their mind before they ever got started." She continued, "I'm very worried about what's going to happen to the citizens and what's going to happen to the businesses and what's going to happen to the police officers. This is a good community with a long history and they love their community."

Ferguson mayor James Knowles said the Department of Justice is aware of the UMSL study. He said he's open to any help his town can get with reforms. The council has already eliminated the "tow release fee," which we exposed in a recent Fox Files investigation. Ferguson eliminated the fee September 25th. Some towns add a fee of $500.

Forum List

Back