Last combat troops leave Iraq - another Obama promise kept

I don't see how anyone could be upset that at least some American soldiers are coming home tonight.

BREAKING: Last U.S. Combat Troops Leaving Iraq | The Political Carnival

the last of the troops will finally be departing.

Thank. God.

UPDATING as news comes in.

Richard Engel is now reporting live that the combat mission in Iraq will be over.

---------------------------

Thanks Obama. Another promise kept.

Let me correct the obvious errors in the OP.

Thank. God.

Richard Engel is now reporting live that the combat mission in Iraq will be over.

Thanks Obama. Another claim of credit for the work Bush did.

Considering Bush is the one who arranged this and Obama has done absolutely nothing, how is this his promise fulfilled?

Thank. God.

Thank. God.

Ohh lets just make sure that history records Bush as the one responsible for the Iraq fiasco.
I give Bush full credit for The iraq invasion and occupation.

56,000 troops remain, including 6000 combat troops.

How many private military contractors remain?

How many US soldiers are still in bordering Kuwait expressly for the purpose of engaging inside Iraq on 20 minutes notice?

this is not over. It is now in it's permanent state of occupation, just like the DMZ between the Koreas, and after 50 years 40,000 troops remain.

Obama = epic fail.

How many US soldiers are still in bordering Kuwait expressly for the purpose of engaging inside Iraq on 20 minutes notice?

this is not over. It is now in it's permanent state of occupation, just like the DMZ between the Koreas, and after 50 years 40,000 troops remain.

Obama = epic fail.

Umm Bush and his minions started this.
Before it even started I predicted it would be another endless problem situation.
The right said it would be over in 6 months. Then another 6 months, then another 6 months,,,,,,

Bush's timeline was all about beating the Dems to the political punch. I called it back then and it rings true today as y'all are eating up just like I thought you would.

your OPINION is not fact

bush actually wanted to bring them home sooner....BUT....mccain and other said we need to draw UP the troops, which your dear leader opposed and said would never work....., bush did that, and because he finally listened to reasonable people....obama is able to down draw the troops.....

i know you hate facts....but that doesn't mean they don't exist

Ok, that's your opinion. I have mine. You think it was Bush listening to reason and I think it was because he knew it was inevitable with the upcoming Dem win and he wanted credit for it.

lmao.....in your post(s) before this, you tried to pass that off as FACT.....

at least you finally realized it is just your OPINION.....bravo for that...

Obama = epic fail.

Umm Bush and his minions started this.
Before it even started I predicted it would be another endless problem situation.
The right said it would be over in 6 months. Then another 6 months, then another 6 months,,,,,,

And under Obama that sequence continues as if Bush were still CIC.

Remember that Obama separated himself from Hillary, and won the dem nom, exclusively on the basis that he was opposed to the war in Iraq while she memed qualifiers.

Obama = epic fail.

Change that isn't, wasn't and never will be.

Thank. God.

Thank. God.

Ohh lets just make sure that history records Bush as the one responsible for the Iraq fiasco.

Please do, just be sure to also give him credit for negotiating the timeline Obama followed, despite the promise he made to get all the troops out of Iraq by the end of the year. Despite rdean claiming this a an Obama victory, the fact is that we will have at least 50,000 troops in Iraq for as long as Iraq wants them there.

That is more troops than we have in Korea, just to keep things in perspective.

OK, It is Obama's war now, as is Afghanistan.

So let's make sure you credit Obama fully with extending them both for another ten years.

After all the WH budget projections anticipate that spending on the two wars will not diminish before 2019.

They based their whole deficits projection on that assumption.

Clearly Obama does not intend to end combat operations in either nation during his first or possible second term.

Last edited:

OK, It is Obama's war now, as if Afghanistan.

So let's make sure you credit Obama fully with extending them both for another ten years.

After all the WH budget projections anticipate that spending on the two wars will not diminish before 2019.

They based their whole deficits projection on that assumption.

Clearly Obama does not intend to end combat operations in either nation during his first or possible second term.

Yes Obama and future presidents must deal with Bush and the right wing driven mess.
I know that former war and Bush supporters would just as soon this fact was forgotten.

Yes Obama and future presidents must deal with Bush and the right wing driven mess.
I know that former war and Bush supporters would just as soon this fact was forgotten.

Earth to YOU: Nobody online or in real life was more opposed to either Bush or this war than me. NOBODY!

But this is now and these are Obama's wars NOW.

Obama got elected exclusively on the basis of taking a firmer stand against the war in Iraq than Hillary did.

And Obama is escalating Afghanistan and retaining 50,000 troops and tens of thousands of combat contractors in Iraq. With tens of thousands of US combat troops still stationed just beyond Iraq's borders.

Change that isn't change at all.

Obama = epic fail.

I expressed far, far, far more damning criticisms of Bush regarding these same issues..

These are Obama's wars now and he is Bush with a better tan.

The only reason that withdrawal of troops is feasible now is due to the success of the Bush-Petraeus Surge, which Senator Obama opposed.

Yeah--Liberals have very short memories--:lol::lol: Democrats "cried" many times that the war in Iraq was lost--fought tooth an nail against the surge--and stated millions of times that the surge lead by General Petrayous would not work. Obama was one of the biggest critics against the surge in Iraq--himself--stating it would not work.

So--I really can't give credit to Obama on Iraq--because against his will--it was really G.W. Bush and General Petraeous that dragged Obama across the finish line with "victory"--when Obama was perfectly O.K. with failure--or a "cut and run" policy out of Iraq--just 2-1/2 short years ago.

[...]

But GOOD. I'm glad no troops will be in combat in Iraq at risk for this clown any longer. Hes tying their hands and not serious about winning the war, no need for them to get hurt or killed for a president who isn't behind them.

[...]
War? What war are you talking about? The United States hasn't been at war since 1945. And what do you mean by "winning?" What is to be won?

Forum List

Back